Staying in the Pattaya area? Let Expat Car Rent help you

Jonathan Fairfield

Staying in the Pattaya area? Let Expat Car Rent help you

There are many great attractions but how do you get to see them; take a trip from the brochures at the hotel?

o.k. you will be picked up, taken to the location, then have to leave when the trip decides. 

Alternative . . . .

O.K. we are a car hire hire business so we are biased, but think about it, with one of our vehicles you have the option to go where and when you please, plus with unlimited mileage there is no need to worry about extra charges!

Our wide range of vehicles cater for everyone, from low price small cars to luxury level s.u.v’s all with automatic transmission, our experienced staff can advise you on the best choice for your needs and budget. 

Pop in between 8:30 and 5:30 any day and our staff will help you find what you need.

AddressThappraya Rd, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150

Screen Shot 2560-10-03 at 13.15.03.png

I looked at this site, however,unlike most other rental sites, I cannot get an actual price only a "from" price without e mailing my details(which I am reluctant to do)

Before I actually rent a car I like to look at my options, is it much more to upgrade,change my dates for a better deal etc.I cannot do this

It would have been helpful also if the above article had posted a link so I could have gone direct

Edited by CeeGee
clarify price details

FYI I had a very bad experience with this firm. Company kept 2,000B deposit because of a supposed scratch on the underside of the car, in no way visible unless you literally crawl under the car. There was no way on the inspection form to even indicate there was any prior damage.

Oh my, the whole esperience reminded me of the famous Jomtien jet-ski scams. Be very careful and take a microscope with you when checking out the car, and be prepared to battle to get your 5,000B cash deposit back again! And good luck in doing so! I cannot recommend this firm at all. Pls be extra careful!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, CeeGee said:

I looked at this site, however,unlike most other rental sites, I cannot get an actual price only a "from" price without e mailing my details(which I am reluctant to do)

Be careful, the website and their brochure are filled with half-truths. “All prices are negotiable.” Just try. You are told no way. And I was charged 200B/day more than the brochure quoted price. When asked about the discrepancy, the very unfriendly clerk said “oh brochure is old!”. Oh my, it is the brochure sitting on the desk near their entrance. Bottom line is be careful. 

As with all rental "companies" in Thailand, I wonder whether this one has full rental insurance for its vehicles. Many seem just to rely on regular domestic insurance which, of course, is not valid for rental purposes.

The other thing I wonder about is the excess on the insurance, as mentioned in previous posts in this thread. I always go for zero excess and I have my own yearly policy to cover this. I've never claimed on it as I've never damaged a rental vehicle, but the peace of mind is well worth the GBP40 or so it cost me.

We are in the process of upgrading our media sites, adding links e.t.c. This is something that has, unfortunately, been neglected but we plan to rectify that as soon as we can.

We appreciate any comments good or bad, this will help us to improve our services and give better customer satisfaction.

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2017 at 8:48 PM, KittenKong said:

As with all rental "companies" in Thailand, I wonder whether this one has full rental insurance for its vehicles. Many seem just to rely on regular domestic insurance which, of course, is not valid for rental purposes.

The other thing I wonder about is the excess on the insurance, as mentioned in previous posts in this thread. I always go for zero excess and I have my own yearly policy to cover this. I've never claimed on it as I've never damaged a rental vehicle, but the peace of mind is well worth the GBP40 or so it cost me.

We have first-class insurance on all our vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...