Renew Kids' Uk Passports

21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Renewed our (then) 7 year-old son's UK passport myself about 2 and half years ago at VFS in Bangkok. No personal appearance of the applicant was required and he didn't have to sign anything either.

Thanks for the info. I assume a 15 year old will be the same.

2 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Children between 12 and 15 have to sign the application as well as as the applicant (yourself).

Also, if your 12 year old looks the same then you don't need to get the application countersigned. Your 10 year old needs a countersignature though, as the cut off is 11 years of age for a child passport.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 2:40 PM, MrPatrickThai said:

Do it before they are 16.  Under 16 and you sign the application for them

A child between 12 - 15 needs to sign section 6 of the application as their signature appears on the new passport.

No benefit in using an agent if you have 2 passports to process - certainly not on cost grounds. Some people just don't want to go to Bangkok (or are unable) and that is where an agent/third party is useful.

• Like 1

There is one consideration: A 15 year old gets a 5 year passport. A 16 year old gets a 10 year passport.

However the 16 year old will be applying for a first adult passport, so will need countersignature and possibly a face to face interview.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 5:31 PM, blackcab said:

Children between 12 and 15 have to sign the application as well as as the applicant (yourself).

Also, if your 12 year old looks the same then you don't need to get the application countersigned. Your 10 year old needs a countersignature though, as the cut off is 11 years of age for a child passport.

Sorry, my 10 y/o needs someone to sign the back of her photo and fill in the bit on the form? Can it be a relative?

Does anyone have a link for the form?

Do I have to make an appointment to go to Trendy on Sukhuwit soi 13?

Q: Sorry, my 10 y/o needs someone to sign the back of her photo and fill in the bit on the form?

A: Yes. All children 11 years old and under need a countersignature.

Q: Can it be a relative?

A: No. The countersignatory must have known you or the child for 2 years, and be a person of good standing or be in a recognised profession. The accepted list is here:

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications/accepted-occupations-for-countersignatories

Most people ask a school teacher. As you are applying outside of the UK, your countersignatory can be a British, Irish, US, EU or Commonwealth citizen, but British or Irish is best as it is much quicker.

Q: Does anyone have a link for the form?

A: Start here:

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Q: Do I have to make an appointment to go to Trendy on Sukhuwit soi 13?

A: Yes. Email  [email protected] - you will need to tell them your first and last name and give them three alternative dates and times.

• Thanks 1