Russia accuses U.S. of 'deadly provocations' against Russian troops in Syria

snoop1130

Russia accuses U.S. of 'deadly provocations' against Russian troops in Syria

2017-10-04T090934Z_1_LYNXNPED930JO_RTROPTP_4_UN-ASSEMBLY-RUSSIA.JPG

Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov delivers remarks at a news conference at the 72nd United Nations General Assembly at U.N. headquarters in New York City, U.S. September 22, 2017. REUTERS/Stephanie Keith

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Wednesday accused the United States and its allies of orchestrating "deadly provocations" against Russian troops in Syria.

Moscow has complained about what it has says are suspiciously friendly ties between U.S.-backed militias, U.S. special forces, and Islamic State in Syria and accused Washington of trying to slow the advance of the Syrian army.

"There are a lot of questions to U.S.-led forces in Syria," Lavrov told pan-Arab newspaper Asharq al-Awsat in an interview published on Wednesday.

"Either they accidentally bomb Syrian troops after which Islamic State militants launch an offensive, or they get other terrorists to attack strategically important objects ... or they stage deadly provocations against our military servicemen."

Lavrov's deputy, Sergei Ryabkov, said last week that the "two-faced policy" of the United States was to blame for the death of Russian Lieutenant-General Valery Asapov in Syria, something Washington flatly denied.

Asapov was killed by Islamic State shelling.

Lavrov also said on Wednesday that the United States and the coalition it leads were "unwelcome guests" in Syria from the point of view of international law and accused Washington of "dividing terrorists into bad and no so bad ones".

(Reporting by Dmitry Solovyov; Editing by Andrew Osborn)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-10-4

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

"Either they accidentally bomb Syrian troops after which Islamic State militants launch an offensive, or they get other terrorists to attack strategically important objects ... or they stage deadly provocations against our military servicemen."

Wasn't Russia accused of "accidentally " bombing innocent civilians. Too funny. 

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Lavrov also said on Wednesday that the United States and the coalition it leads were "unwelcome guests" in Syria from the point of view of international law and accused Washington of "dividing terrorists into bad and no so bad ones".

Hear , hear !

10 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Hear , hear !

What constitutes Syria right now?  Guaranteed, it's not the country it was before.  So those in the new parts might not agree with these comments.

Isn't Lavrov also the one helping to stop every UN resolution for Syria about eliminating weapons?  Oh, right.  Russia's made billions over this.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/syria-war-showroom-russian-arms-sales-160406135130398.html

Syria's war: A showroom for Russian arms sales

Moscow's arms exports hit a record $14.5bn in 2015 with orders surging to $56bn, according to President Putin.

10 minutes ago, farq said:

Not funny, just ridiculous! Only accusations made by the Yanks in their ongoing propaganda campaign in support of Israel. The Yanks are invaders and shouldn't even be in Syria helping their proxy militias!

Would it be better if the American forces were there, or not there?  I don't know.  The situation in the M.East is mega-problematic no matter who's there, or who's doing what.

However, there are a lot more fighter jet bombing sorties by the US since Trump became prez.  Overall, that's probably a good thing, though not cheap.  I guess if you have a half dozen groups of dune fighters, ranging from not-good to horrible, then bombing some of those groups will probably do some good.  It sure turns those miserable towns into rubble, though.  I don't think there's a green leaf growing from Turkey to Egypt.  Miserable part of the world.

5 minutes ago, farq said:

If America hadn't stirred up the regime change events on Israels behalf in the beginning then there would have been no reason for them to illegally invade the sovereign nation of Syria in the first instance. As for the "half dozen groups of dune fighters", they are the proxy US terrorists, armed, supplied and paid by the US. 

Had the US not come to assist Israel in its megalomanic land grabbing quest, there would be no need for turning "those miserable towns into rubble"!

Horrible conspiracy theory.  Please stop.  This isn't about Israel. Good gosh.

1 hour ago, farq said:

The only reason Syria is not CURRENTLY the country it was is due entirely to the efforts of the US/Israeli/and Saudi invasion of that country in an attempt to stop Syria, Iraq and Iran from becoming partners against the ongoing Israeli attempts at extending their land grabbing. 

< shortened for brevity >

Granted, trying to explain why dune states are so screwed up, is a task which could last for decades and never be resolved.  In a sandy nutshell, here's what's going on in the Middle East:

All Arab countries are screwed, either very much or drastically.  They're in a region where there are nearly no natural resources.  There's one species of animal which dominates.  All wild animals were killed off centuries ago.  All forests were decimated centuries ago.  The only fresh water there is polluted or dried out.   It's not a habitable part of the world.  

So, the one species which can survive there, is self-destructing due to its lust for money + its mean-spirited belief systems.  It's a miserable equation.  Nothing good can come from the M.East, sorry to say.   The entire region should be evacuated of people, and nature allowed to slowly reinstate itself.   Ok, allow a few camel caravan namads, as that's the only realistic carrying capacity it has for humans.  Beyond that, the M.East can't naturally support human populations.   It's a microcosm for human overpopulation in many other parts of the world.

5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

All Arab countries are screwed, either very much or drastically.  They're in a region where there are nearly no natural resources.

What ? So oil & gas aren't natural resources ?

1 hour ago, BuaBS said:

What ? So oil & gas aren't natural resources ?

I'll start my answer by quoting my post; " They're in a region where there are nearly no natural resources."   Note the word  'nearly.'   Oil and gas are natural resources, though they're finite, and aren't life-giving.  They're resources that must be sold in order to get life-giving resources like food and water.  And again, they're finite, so they're being used up and won't last many more years.  And only about half of M.East countries have those resources enough to sell.   

Sand and rocks are also a natural resource. They're in abundance in the M.East, but don't do much good.  Even the sand there can't be used to mix cement, as it's too powdery.   In parts of the M.East, they don't know what to do with excess human waste.  In Dubai, they have miles long lines of tanker trucks which take it outside the cities to dump on their powdery sand.  Jerusalem has a creekcbed leading out of the city which is pure human waste.  

King Herod reigned there around the year zero. During his last 10 years, he had heaps of the best food available, but he was physically decrepit.  His limbs were puffed out and mucousy.  His organs barely functioned because they were so toxified.  He personifies what the M.East is today.

The main point is, the M.East doesn't have much of the types of resources needed to sustain human life.  They have practically no soil or forests, and scant little potable water.  It's been a sad situation for humans for hundreds of years, and is getting worse.

6 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Note the word  'nearly.' 

Yes I noticed "nearly" . When you have plenty oil ( and it is still plenty even after decades of pumping) , all you need of "other nat. resources" can be easily bought. Oil & gas is all they need . Everything in the ME countries comes down to Oil & gas.

@boomerangutang

May I suggest that your supposed ecological take of the ME is based on some preconceived notions, or represents a generalization using specific areas within the region.

There are, actually forested areas. There are fields, crops and obviously soil. There are, in fact, natural resources even without the bogus discounting of gas and oil. There are wild animals. There is fresh water. Etc.

It is not that all of the region is lush, fertile and whatnot. Just that it's not as bleak as you describe.

I think what your above off topic comments lack, other than a clue, is proportion.

Edited by Morch

59 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Yes I noticed "nearly" . When you have plenty oil ( and it is still plenty even after decades of pumping) , all you need of "other nat. resources" can be easily bought. Oil & gas is all they need . Everything in the ME countries comes down to Oil & gas.

Saudi Arabia and Russia aren't doing well now with the price of oil so low. Their expenditures are based on higher prices. And the future doesn't look bright.

4 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Oil and gas are finite resources, and have relative value. 

It's not 'all they need.'   They need to shed their self-harming belief systems, and they need to figure out a way to get leaders who aren't going to harm everyone who's not in power.  Two things which won't happen in the M.East.

Reply to Morch:  I admit, I may have been too harsh in my overview of M.East's lack of natural resources.  If I overstated my case, it's because I'm an environmentalist, and it angers me to see a sizable portion of the planet's environment destroyed.  One of the worst examples was when Saddam torched all the oil wells in Kuwait, sending massive black plumes eastward.   Members of Dune States aren't the only people destroying environment.  It's happening a mile a minute in many other regions - indeed in every region where there are humans.  

10 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Saudi Arabia and Russia aren't doing well now with the price of oil so low. Their expenditures are based on higher prices. And the future doesn't look bright.

Their own fault , just like the western countries , you spend to much money , you go broke .... or go deep in debt , or print more IOU's = currency .