Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Who is Sophon Cable's handsome male presenter...

marginline

...here in Pattaya who promotes their 1000 Mbps FTTx Internet service between movies on their respective movie channels please? IMHO he has such a confident manner that; no matter how bad watching the same old adverts again and AGAIN and AGAIN actually is, his infectious smile ALWAYS brightens my day. Thank you.

I have been waiting for someone to state the obvious, but apparently, no one cares or perhaps some are too considerate to be the cause of some lonely chap's heartbreak.

Here's the reality: The man you see on screen is not the man in real life. He benefits from several centimeters of cosmetics including foundation, blush and shading. He benefits from complimentary lighting and camera angles and the generous use of a filter. Basically, what the OP has fallen in love with is an image, a vapor that does not exist in real life.  This is played out daily online through various  popular websites where people post images of themselves which make them look like  top models with brilliant white teeth and a face free of blackheads, blemishes, scars etc. When you see he people up close  and in person, you can be shocked to  see their  facial craters, oily skin, acne scars etc.

The takeaway is that one should not fall in love with a picture of someone. Save it for a real life encounter and you won't be disappointed seeking out a beauty and desirability that does not exist.

GK, it's always nice to fantasize a little.   Whether it's the actors/actresses on the big screen whom you see in real life and they are nice looking, but hardly as glamorous as on the big screen.  

Or the truly dashing people you see and finally get the chance to meet them and find out they have a personality like a fish.   

Oh, and that's if some of the nicer looking people are even willing to give many of us the time of day!  

So, yes, it's nothing more than a little bit of fantasy....a little like buying a lottery ticket, there's always a chance of winning, but it's mighty slim.

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Basically, what the OP has fallen in love with is an image, a vapor that does not exist in real life.

Respectfully geriatrickid, I have not fallen in love with anyone. I just asked a simple question and kind of expected a simple answer.

IMHO everything written in your and Scott's pseudo-Freudian analysis speaks more about your respective psyches and not anything about the young man, but "thanks" guys. :whistling:

Now; returning to the topic, can anyone answer my question, please?  Thank you. :wai:

I think it is absolutely OK to enjoy a view that pleases the eye. Be it a picture or a real-life guy. As you say, marginline, we don't need to fall in love with every good-looking guy but seeing a nice face can make a day.

From the article Beauty Works Like a Drug on the Brain:

In fact, the researchers found attractiveness seems to stimulate the same brain region as the opioid morphine.

[...]

Liking and wanting are not the same thing. Liking describes an attraction to something, whereas wanting describes a motivation to have it, whether or not a person likes it. The opioid system is the part of the brain that encodes "liking." 

That stated, tastes are different, or this is just an unfortunate screenshot of this guy. But no, I don't know who he is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2017 at 12:59 AM, geriatrickid said:

I have been waiting for someone to state the obvious, but apparently, no one cares or perhaps some are too considerate to be the cause of some lonely chap's heartbreak.

Here's the reality: The man you see on screen is not the man in real life. He benefits from several centimeters of cosmetics including foundation, blush and shading. He benefits from complimentary lighting and camera angles and the generous use of a filter. Basically, what the OP has fallen in love with is an image, a vapor that does not exist in real life.  This is played out daily online through various  popular websites where people post images of themselves which make them look like  top models with brilliant white teeth and a face free of blackheads, blemishes, scars etc. When you see he people up close  and in person, you can be shocked to  see their  facial craters, oily skin, acne scars etc.

The takeaway is that one should not fall in love with a picture of someone. Save it for a real life encounter and you won't be disappointed seeking out a beauty and desirability that does not exist.

Haha I appreciate a few well placed scars.

• 5 months later...

Archived