Distracted driver ploughs into motorcyclists, kills two

webfact

Distracted driver ploughs into motorcyclists, kills two

By The Nation

Two motorcyclists were killed and three others injured in Kanchanaburi early Thursday morning when they were struck from behind by an SUV whose driver was reaching down for a dropped object.

The accident happened at 2.45am on Thamuang-Kanchanaburi Road in Thamuang district.

Police said Krit Siradamrongrit, 19, died at the scene and Pichitra Meesanthia, 18, died at hospital. The motorcyclists were on their way to a temple to make merit.

The SUV driver, a woman who police did not identify, remained at the scene.

Full story:  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328519

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-05

6 hours ago, jimster said:

The motorcyclists were on their way to the temple to make merit at 2.45am??????

Who goes to a temple, or anywhere (except for an emergency) at 2.45am?

I went for a piss at 2:45 am the other night... that was a real emergency call!

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed - and more pointedly where had she been, and what had she been doing and consuming, prior to that.

Where she had been, and what she had been doing is none of your business

As for what she had been consuming IF anything, I fully expect we will be left to just speculate

I am going with the suspicion that she is nothing other than a dizzy bitch, with the deaths of two young men to deal with for the rest of her life

4 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Well, minus the full details - mindful of the fact that we are talking of Thai motorcyclists, not exactly the most observant, alert, or intelligent of road users - no one has any real idea of what did happen. 

At least she didn't flee the scene. 

Well we do know that said motorcyclists were struck from BEHIND, by a SUV, whose driver was reaching down to recover something

I would respectfully suggest that there is a couple of pointers there as to what happened

58 minutes ago, jimster said:

It's the last day of the Rain Retreats - Awk Pansa - Special Buddhist Day!  Wife and I were up at 4am to go to the Wat.  If folks are setting up at the temple, then yeah, 2:45am is about right.  
Oh, time to check your cultural bias.  Today you get a free pass for simply not knowing. :thumbsup:

Edited by connda

Just now, oldlakey said:

As for what she had been consuming IF anything, I fully expect we will be left to just speculate

I am going with the suspicion that she is nothing other than a dizzy bitch, with the deaths of two young men to deal with for the rest of her life

The kid that killed my daughter doesn't seem to have any problems with dealing with it at all.
20 years later, he still  cowers under his wife's shirt hem.  20 years ago it was his mommy's skirt hem.  Don't expect the driver to deal with anything.  People are good at rationalizing. 
Same, same but different in Thailand.  Life is cheap here.

9 minutes ago, connda said:

The kid that killed my daughter doesn't seem to have any problems with dealing with it at all.
20 years later, he still  cowers under his wife's shirt hem.  20 years ago it was his mommy's skirt hem.  Don't expect the driver to deal with anything.  People are good at rationalizing. 

I feel very very sorry for your loss and I know that it isn't over. Even after 20 years. 

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I went for a piss at 2:45 am the other night... that was a real emergency call!

It's not funny to make such tasteless jokes when two very young people have died in an accident.

And yes, I was also on my way to a temple at 3 am with some friends. And none of us had any illegal substances intus. 

You might not go to a church at this time, because the doors are closed. But this is Thailand and it's a special occasion for Buddhists. 

Edited by jenny2017

2 hours ago, connda said:

Some people dont have much of a conscience if any, thats for sure

I am afraid thats the way it is, no shortage of supporting evidence for that

I dont know the woman personally, so I can't / won't comment on how she might or might not deal with this incident

Edited by oldlakey

4 hours ago, oldlakey said:

How dare you dispute the tinfoil hat brigade. :smile:

9 hours ago, connda said:

May i ask what punishment the kid got from authorities?

16 hours ago, connda said:

It's the last day of the Rain Retreats - Awk Pansa - Special Buddhist Day!  Wife and I were up at 4am to go to the Wat.  If folks are setting up at the temple, then yeah, 2:45am is about right.  
Oh, time to check your cultural bias.  Today you get a free pass for simply not knowing. :thumbsup:

Beat me too it - my friends wife is up at 0300 lots of days to "go to temple".............

On 10/5/2017 at 11:39 AM, oldlakey said:

She'll probably get over 'dealing with it' when she gets hungry. More pressing issues to 'deal with'.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you people actually know any Thai people personally, other than bar staff of course.

Many markets open early to sell to vendors who open shops in the morning. Those vendors go to work even earlier to setup. Busses run all night and people are there for that. Religious activities can start early and people are needed to setup for that. I can think of many reasons to be out at that time that don't include coming home from a night of drinking.

Distracted driving accidents happen all over the world and early in the morning is especially dangerous when people are groggy and roads are nearly empty.

On 10/5/2017 at 12:16 PM, jimster said:

Dropping off some Yabba for the monks

5 hours ago, Drago said:

She'll probably get over 'dealing with it' when she gets hungry. More pressing issues to 'deal with'.

Welcome to the forum Drago, I have a sneaking feeling your transition from Newbie to a much valued seasoned member is going to happen without a hitch

1 hour ago, Tim207 said:

Sometimes I wonder if some of you people actually know any Thai people personally, other than bar staff of course.

Many markets open early to sell to vendors who open shops in the morning. Those vendors go to work even earlier to setup. Busses run all night and people are there for that. Religious activities can start early and people are needed to setup for that. I can think of many reasons to be out at that time that don't include coming home from a night of drinking.

Distracted driving accidents happen all over the world and early in the morning is especially dangerous when people are groggy and roads are nearly empty.

You mean apart from the two the dizzy bitch killed and the three she injured, there could of course been others who she MISSED

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

You mean apart from the two the dizzy bitch killed and the three she injured, there could of course been others who she MISSED

Wow, a woman makes a mistake, has an accident, and she is a dizzy bitch? Sure, the result is quite severe in this instance, but it could happen to anyone. Lose focus at the wrong time and next thing you know events are spinning out of control. She may very well be a dizzy bitch or she could be someone who made a small mistake at a very unlucky moment for all concerned. There is no way to tell from the story. I suggest you put away your pitchfork until there is enough information to warrant it.

5 hours ago, Tim207 said:

Wow, a woman makes a mistake, has an accident, and she is a dizzy bitch? Sure, the result is quite severe in this instance, but it could happen to anyone. Lose focus at the wrong time and next thing you know events are spinning out of control. She may very well be a dizzy bitch or she could be someone who made a small mistake at a very unlucky moment for all concerned. There is no way to tell from the story. I suggest you put away your pitchfork until there is enough information to warrant it.

All i will say Tim and i hope you open your eyes and look and when u watch those motorcyclists  driving past you at speed and texting and looking at there phone Its bloody scary looking at that How could they pay attention to what they are doing on the road In Australia you are caught texting on a phone $250 fine It is that bloody dangerous. They say a human brain cannot do 2 things at once. The closet it ever got to a human doing that was Napoleon. He was playing chess and directing a battle at the same time. Doubt if there are any Napoleon's In Thailand