7 11 stamps and Tesco Lotus stamps

dfdgfdfdgs

I have collected an array of them and do not currently have any Thai gf to palm them off onto, so I am looking for some info from convenience store stamp connoisseurs.

I understand the 7 11 stamps can be used as a cash equivalent, right?

I have no idea what the Tesco Lotus stamps do/are worth - can anybody give me some insight?  I have 31 of them.

Next time you’re at Lotus, pick up a stamp booklet. The current one has everything from free drinking glasses to fans, hot water heaters and pressure washers depending on how many stamps you save.

Stay away from the glasses, they are made of the cheapest, thinnest glass on earth and break into millions of small bits very easily, which even after sweeping and vacuuming dozens of times your feet will find weeks later.

By the time you save up enough stamps the promotion will have finished so do as we do and give the security guard covering the Exit. You get a big smile and can walk out with all the stuff youve nicked:cheesy:

Edited by jeab1980

6 hours ago, nanglong218 said:

Good one Mr 1980. Anyone remember Embassy coupons. The joke was you could trade them in for the iron lung you'd need after smoking enough of them.  And green shield stamps etc etc

Nice one mrs 218. Yes i still have some green shield stamps. As well as the first every edition of the Beano. Unfortunately i sold the Dandy first Edition when needs must came along both handed down to me by a very savvy dad who knew they would be worth a fortune as time went by.

He kept many other things as well. All securley stored away. 

Edited by jeab1980

Don't forget the BOGOF coupons ...my father was the BOGOF king in our council estate, I used to dread going home for visits, if I went out and brought anything and he saw the plastic bag that was it---how much did you pay for the socks.....oh no ...to much................:coffee1:

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Never saw.

Instead those silly printed "coupons" on the lengthy bill slip.

I realized that they are voided quite quickly, 14 days or so?

Always made me laugh those printed coupons attached to bill. 100bht off if over x but they were dated to expire the same day. Mrs got wise and always seperated the shopping into two. To use coupon from first bit on the second. Me i just gave the coupon to someone going into Tesco as i was leaving if they wanted it.

The system last for a while the points accumulate over the year until June 2018 I think, for us. The big c card. Got like 30000 points but they seem pretty worthless. The max discount on goods is like 300/500 baht from what I understand. 

14 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Always made me laugh those printed coupons attached to bill. 100bht off if over x but they were dated to expire the same day. Mrs got wise and always seperated the shopping into two. To use coupon from first bit on the second. Me i just gave the coupon to someone going into Tesco as i was leaving if they wanted it.

Savvy wife.