Yingluck considers asylum applications for UK, Germany and France

webfact

20 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Sorry I have to admit no, as I don't bother with bars as there are much nicer ladies walking around supermarkets than in bars and they do not carry a secondhand dartboard with them.

Next time you go home try doing a bit of shopping at the supermarket and then your bar days will be over when you see the quality.

Much easier than in the bars anyhow.

I was home last year and I took my Thai girlfriend with me.  We did visit a few supermarkets and shopping malls and to say she was gobsmacked and appalled at the state of the majority of women we saw in them would be an understatement.  Obviously we didn't visit the same supermarkets as you do.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

They are not putting in an extradition request direct to the UK, they have applied to Interpol for an international arrest warrant, if it is accepted then the UK most likely will honour it.  

They have not applied to Interpol for an international arrest warrant, for the simple reason that as stated on their website, "Interpol does not issue arrest warrants." They claim to have asked Interpol to issue a red notice.

Again according to the Interpol website, "A Red Notice [...] is not an international arrest warrant. [...] When INTERPOL publishes a Red Notice this is simply to inform all member countries that the person is wanted based on an arrest warrant or equivalent judicial decision issued by a country or an international tribunal."

Also, Interpol may decline to issue a red notice if they consider the charges are politically motivated. 

On 10/7/2017 at 3:11 PM, dunroaming said:

Sorry that words fail you although your posts would indicate otherwise.  Thaksin and his sister both fled the country to escape justice and are now both wanted criminals with warrants out for their arrest.  I would say that tars them with the same brush. 

a illegal government that took power by a armed  coup   ??? ....these are the people passing judgment ??? and attempting to persecute the ousted PM  ??? why  may i ask ? your own words fail your own argument . this is not justice  . it banana republic  biz as usual . you cannot create and enforce laws that favor your few point  . no fan of the past two administrations but they did not issue made up  arrest warrants . you tend to want to "tar" anybody that has a different view . how can a not legal government enforce laws to protect itself from the past two administrations ? sounds like a paper tiger in charge of things .

3 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

The military sat on the sidelines for months before it moved - granted, some of its members work like that.

The military sat on the sidelines until the protest looked like running out of steam. It was reduced to a few leftovers and paid guards in Lumpini Park.  Suthep said that Prayuth said "you and your people are exhausted. We'll take over from here",

And let's not forget that various mlitary personnel - Navy SEALs, for example - were embedded within the protests as guards. Also Prayuth was standing over Yingluck threatening what would happen if she laid a finger on Suthep's mob. Remember the Police Headquarters and other government premises just opening up and letting the protesters in.They weren't allowed to touch the protesters. 

Edited by tomta

"It’s not safe for her to stay in Thailand. We will tell [the country she will apply to] that she was faced with unfair justice since her government was toppled by a coup and had to flee the country,” the source said.

Rubbish, that won't fly. She did not 'have to flee'. She was rightly convicted of corruption - not for political crimes. Good luck with her political asylum request(s). In the end she may be deported to come back and serve her time.

Edited by elektrified