Swede praises Pattaya police for speedy resolution of snatch theft

snoop1130

Swede praises Pattaya police for speedy resolution of snatch theft

22228190_1672463222774605_8480449866806745510_n.jpg

A Swedish tourist praised the Pattaya police yesterday for making a quick arrest and managing to get cash and valuables back to him.

Two snatch thieves working as a team stole fifty four year old Stephen Houltman's wallet, bike keys and cards as he was walking along Jomtien beach road on Thursday evening.

Police were on the scene in ten minutes and managed to arrest both suspects within a short period of time, said station chief Apichai Krobpetch at a news conference yesterday.

Apprehended were career criminals Weeraphon Saengthopho, 22, from Chaiyaphum and accomplice Kitiyakornwisa Kanya, 39, from Nong Khai.

Mr Houltman's Thai wife Sawanya Lamchaona, 33, said: "My husband is very thankful. Police came to sort out the problem within a matter of minutes and he wants to thank the police for getting all his possessions back".

Apichai said that the work was part of a crime crackdown ahead of the upcoming Royal Cremation, reported Sophon Cable TV on Facebook.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/STVPattaya/posts/1672463432774584

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-6

Credit where credit is due.  I am one of the first to decry Pattaya cops but here they have got a result; the Law of Averages decrees that at some time a troop of monkeys will eventually type out the complete works of Shakespeare.

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Credit where credit is due.  I am one of the first to decry Pattaya cops but here they have got a result; the Law of Averages decrees that at some time a troop of monkeys will eventually type out the complete works of Shakespeare.

But had they failed to finger the perp then the TVF Inspectorate of Constabulary (TVFIC) would hop up and down for a few pages about Keystone kops; TAT: TVF would sneer at the world-class resort aspirations and indulge in the usual phony handwringing about Whither Pattaya and the Future Of Tourism. Just another nail in the coffin, blah blah. ;)

And then if they do, bitter, snide little posters will attempt to snatch the credit away while pretending to extend it.

Them cops really can't win.

6 hours ago, JSixpack said:

But had they failed to finger the perp then the TVF Inspectorate of Constabulary (TVFIC) would hop up and down for a few pages about Keystone kops; TAT: TVF would sneer at the world-class resort aspirations and indulge in the usual phony handwringing about Whither Pattaya and the Future Of Tourism. Just another nail in the coffin, blah blah. ;)

And then if they do, bitter, snide little posters will attempt to snatch the credit away while pretending to extend it.

Them cops really can't win.

Yea well no one has so quit casting for something that aint there .. 

14 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Yea well no one has so quit casting for something that aint there .. 

Wake up. Claiming that the grudgingly admitted "result" was just some random accident, the law of averages, comparable in likelihood to a troop of monkeys (sly racial slur by implication, hee hee) typing out Shakespeare is exactly that, pal.

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Wake up. Claiming that the grudgingly admitted "result" was just some random accident, the law of averages, comparable in likelihood to a troop of monkeys (sly racial slur by implication, hee hee) typing out Shakespeare is exactly that, pal.

Obviously not fully conversant with every meaning of the word casting .. 

_20171007_160302.JPG

Thank you to Justgrazing for leaping to my defence in the matter of my snide comment on Pattaya police.

Mr Sixpack, I am sure you are grateful for the Thin Brown Line that stands between us and chaos in Pattaya.  I envy your your innocence; obviously the police 'hath not touched you yet.' (Malcolm to MacDuff in 'Macbeth.')

My cynicism comes from a bent cop setting himself up as Judge/Jury & Executioner.  This cost me roughly 80K + 6 months of torment until it was resolved.

Or a fat, lazy police chief refusing to act on a car thief that cost my S-i-L 35,000 in re-paying a car-loan for a car she did not have - all because as a nurse she had not saved the 10,000 bribe he demanded.

Or perhaps my views are coloured by the fact that the only six bar owners I know ALL pay a monthly sum to the BIB to avoid a raid on a trumped up charge.

Or my friend having to close his bar because he could not afford 24,000 a month 'protection' money.

Or .... I could go on but you have your view of Pattaya's finest and you won't change it until you get 'touched'.

15 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Obviously not fully conversant with every meaning of the word casting ..

Fully conversant & will be happy to compare my vocab w/ yours anytime. Note that if I give you a reference contradicting your diction, you'll simply refuse to read it.

I forgot to simplify my response for you, sorry, which had nothing to do w/ your misapplied term. Note mikebell admits his bias and gives his excuse for it in a later post. One of our Miss Havishams, he's repeated that so often that it's been known to be deleted by the mods.

Edited by JSixpack

18 hours ago, juice777 said:

A press conference for catching to muggers, Is this for real.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bringing happiness back to the people...........the PM,s words not mine   :thumbsup:

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:16 PM, observer90210 said:

a no mans land ?....a magnet for law breakers ?... mafia safe haven ? ...tourist or expat trouble trap ?......Pattaya?:ph34r:

Yeap.   If you'd paid any attention, you'd have seen this all occurred on Jomtien Beach Road, not Pattaya Beach Road  (you know, the beach road where the Pattaya police station is located...).   Not exactly sure whether Jomtien has its own separate police force or not - though I know they have their own Tourist Police office - but Jomtien is definitely a different place, esp. from a crime-rate perspective.

7 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

Yeap.   If you'd paid any attention, you'd have seen this all occurred on Jomtien Beach Road, not Pattaya Beach Road  (you know, the beach road where the Pattaya police station is located...).   Not exactly sure whether Jomtien has its own separate police force or not - though I know they have their own Tourist Police office - but Jomtien is definitely a different place, esp. from a crime-rate perspective.

Sure.  And if you read the post you are so kindly refering to with a bit more attention before jumping to conclusions, you would see a "?" after Pattaya (you know the ? sign that means it's a question and not an affirmation).

54 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Sure.  And if you read the post you are so kindly refering to with a bit more attention before jumping to conclusions, you would see a "?" after Pattaya (you know the ? sign that means it's a question and not an affirmation).

But hawker9000 is simply pointing out that if you'd read the article, then you'd not need to type the word Pattaya and the ?.

So let's just get all your sly "questions" out of the way so we can move on:

a no mans land ?....

No.

a magnet for law breakers ?...

No.

mafia safe haven ? ...

No. Unless you wanna count the police, army, and ruling class as mafia. Most shrewd TVF Posters will, of course--they're that good--but if you do then you'd not need to ask the question.

tourist or expat trouble trap ?......

No.

Pattaya?

No.

Sticking ?.....

Just take the keycap off your '.' key and clean underneath. Compressed air, vacuum, alcohol on Q tip will do the trick.

Edited by JSixpack

9 hours ago, JSixpack said:

But hawker9000 is simply pointing out that if you'd read the article, then you'd not need to type the word Pattaya and the ?.

So let's just get all your sly "questions" out of the way so we can move on:

a no mans land ?....

No.

a magnet for law breakers ?...

No.

mafia safe haven ? ...

No. Unless you wanna count the police, army, and ruling class as mafia. Most shrewd TVF Posters will, of course--they're that good--but if you do then you'd not need to ask the question.

tourist or expat trouble trap ?......

No.

Pattaya?

No.

Sticking ?.....

Just take the keycap off your '.' key and clean underneath. Compressed air, vacuum, alcohol on Q tip will do the trick.

how sweet of you but no need to be rude......

nevertheless, I agree,  you have a bright future in cleaning computer keyboards in Pattaya perhaps  ? :clap2:....

Edited by observer90210