Thaksin faces more agony

rooster59

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Well, not sure why you even take the time to respond. None of those cases would be fair so a conviction would be meaningless.

Or do you have trouble seeing what they are trying to do here. They are introducing a new law, and then try to retroactively apply the new law to cases which happened 10 years ago. Now do you not see a cornerstone of justice being violated here ? Or in other words, how could any of those cases ever be considered fair ? 

Were you not one of the persons denying the cases against the Shinawatras are politically motivated ? I think now is the time to retract that statement, as it is undeniably politically motivated, they even change the rules and try to apply them retroactively, not Justice at all of course. 

As to the amnesty, not sure why you still keep going on about it, firstly it never actually became a reality, hence it cannot be used as a reason for a coup, and secondly, the current amnesty enjoyed by the NCPO is more far reaching, only benefits a select few, and was introduced with no mandate whatsoever, and no way to even stop it. Please stop whinging about a law that never made it through, and focus your enegry at an amnesty that did make it through. Or is it just that now it benefits the right people ? surely that can't be the case ?

'It's politically motivated', 'we did nothing wrong', 'it are the others'... Where have we hear that song before? The same old record being turned grey...

Within your ideal of Justice, would Thaksin ever have been able to become PM in the first place (concealment of assets), hmm...?

4 minutes ago, bangrak said:

'It's politically motivated', 'we did nothing wrong', 'it are the others'... Where have we hear that song before? The same old record being turned grey...

Within your ideal of Justice, would Thaksin ever have been able to become PM in the first place (concealment of assets), hmm...?

Maybe, maybe not. at the very least, he did have a mandate. concealment of assets is still the practice du jour, but now questions cannot be asked or else a little humvee might collect you for some good old attitude adjustment...

Nowhere did I claim Thaksin did not do something wrong, my point was a different one, but just as democracy is an alien concept to Junta huggers, so is justice apparently...

Edited by sjaak327

26 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Some people apparently never really grow up, irrespective of time passed.

Certainly Thaksin never changes his spots, not that that bothers the I am not A Thaksin Supporter, But.... crowd.

Edited by SheungWan

20 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Maybe, maybe not. at the very least, he did have a mandate. concealment of assets is still the practice du jour, but now questions cannot be asked or else a little humvee might collect you for some good old attitude adjustment...

Nowhere did I claim Thaksin did not do something wrong, my point was a different one, but just as democracy is an alien concept to Junta huggers, so is justice apparently...

Thaksin: 'practice du jour'. Hello Whitewash meet Wishy-Washy.

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

Certainly Thaksin never changes his spots, not that that bothers the I am not A Thaksin Supporter, But.... crowd.

Why change when you are winning all the elections even the next one. Waiting for the but but...... junta fanboy reply.

11 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Winning an election is not a free pass to State Capture.

State capture like holding the country hostage through fear, arrest and intimidation. Like not allowing the people expression and not delivering on the promises of election. Like buying military hardware without oversight. Like writing laws to ensure that they continue have domination for next 20 years. Give me an election anytime in place of all those suppressions. 

29 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

So, all the ones disagreeing with you and your opinions must be a 'Junta hugger', is it? You realise how far such reactions as yours bring one away from the tolerance characteristic for an open mind, don't you?

As for myself, am I part of the equation: anti-Thaksin/Shins = 'Junta hugger'? When you would have read more of my posts, I guess you wouldn't think so. 'Anti' a lot of things that appear in the media TV relays, no doubt, as, alas, there's not a lot in the local news one can, IMO, be 'pro' about..., but not focussed against one group/party/movement/clan, against ALL and each of them busy with crime, corruption, abuse, etc., and Iwould like it a lot when you would also be able not to be selective about who you shoot your arrows at.   

15 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

I would like to hold him accountable for that. Did you ever ask yourself the question why two self appointed military governments that had the law into their pocket did not ? the answer to that question will eventually set you free, and at that point in time, you would truly understand this country. 

Meanwhile, we will continue to read your rants about Thaksin breaking the law, not being democratic and more of such, whilst completely giving the current lot a free pass, even though they do the exact same thing, except without any form of actual mandate. As long as you and your buddies continue to give that free pass, your postings are never going to be taken seriously. 

You can wait until hell freezes over but you will never get an honest answer to the question you pose.In addition to the self appointed military governments there was also of course the Abhisit administration - which did nothing.

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

You can wait until hell freezes over but you will never get an honest answer to the question you pose.In addition to the self appointed military governments there was also of course the Abhisit administration - which did nothing.

Neither of you are looking for 'honest answers', only Thaksin's return.

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

State capture like holding the country hostage through fear, arrest and intimidation. Like not allowing the people expression and not delivering on the promises of election. Like buying military hardware without oversight. Like writing laws to ensure that they continue have domination for next 20 years. Give me an election anytime in place of all those suppressions. 

What when it is as clear as the nose in the middle of the face that this election of yours will bring people to power which will put into practice the content of your first, second and fourth sentence? I would, choosing a bad instead of a worse, prefer authoritarian measures to be implemented in order to make that impossible, first, before that election, even when it has to bring more of your third sentence.

Oh, and, it seems Mr Prayuth has set the clock for the next general election today on October 2018. Now that's something to pin him on, wouldn't you say? 

2 minutes ago, bangrak said:

What when it is as clear as the nose in the middle of the face that this election of yours will bring people to power which will put into practice the content of your first, second and fourth sentence? I would, choosing a bad instead of a worse, prefer authoritarian measures to be implemented in order to make that impossible, first, before that election, even when it has to bring more of your third sentence.

Oh, and, it seems Mr Prayuth has set the clock for the next general election today on October 2018. Now that's something to pin him on, wouldn't you say? 

Should the election bring people to power and like you said that they put in practice what I mentioned, they will have to face the people in the next election and people will demonstrate their disgust in the ballot box. You can't do that in a post coup government and election is entirely at their pleasure. 

As for the election promised, I am elated and hope the junta government keep to the promise but I fear that Prayut is now not the man in charge and the promised date is still fluid. 

56 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

'Maybe, maybe not', oh my, can't get out of this one with a clear answer, can you? Thought you were strong on an (even when idealistic) incorruptible form of Justice. Not so when it doesn't suit you then, is it? Making you a ...?

He originally beat the 5 charges, then they were brought back into court. His wife was charged for the land deal but never convicted. It was a parcel of land that was up for sale for a few years which she eventually bought.

So what will happen when article 44 is repealed and shown to be unlawful? It can happen.

The charges are about the cash that he made.

Nothing about the deaths of drug addicts or protestors in the south. The life does equal the money that is squirrelled away by both sides. The mad monk along with Abhisit got scared of the protestors and gave orders to shoot. Again the life of a person is not equal to wealth. How is the 5 billion baht of police stations proceeding, one of the last official sign offs of the mad monk?

Mr Thaksin must be shaking in his boots or more likely Pi>>>>> himself laughing reading some of the comments and headlines on here, he cannot be touched by any law here and you know it so move on and grow some morals.

One thing for sure Tv gives me a good laugh also every day.

28 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

He originally beat the 5 charges, then they were brought back into court. His wife was charged for the land deal but never convicted. It was a parcel of land that was up for sale for a few years which she eventually bought.

So what will happen when article 44 is repealed and shown to be unlawful? It can happen.

The charges are about the cash that he made.

Nothing about the deaths of drug addicts or protestors in the south. The life does equal the money that is squirrelled away by both sides. The mad monk along with Abhisit got scared of the protestors and gave orders to shoot. Again the life of a person is not equal to wealth. How is the 5 billion baht of police stations proceeding, one of the last official sign offs of the mad monk?

That's right. Thaksin wasn't convicted of anything really. Well, got to hand it to the Thaksin Forum cheerleaders. Come up with something new every day/month/year to clean his shoes.

29 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Mr Thaksin must be shaking in his boots or more likely Pi>>>>> himself laughing reading some of the comments and headlines on here, he cannot be touched by any law here and you know it so move on and grow some morals.

One thing for sure Tv gives me a good laugh also every day.

The point is about keeping Thaksin out. And for that he isn't laughing. And nor is the rah-rah team despite any protestations to the contrary.

Edited by SheungWan

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Should the election bring people to power and like you said that they put in practice what I mentioned, they will have to face the people in the next election and people will demonstrate their disgust in the ballot box. You can't do that in a post coup government and election is entirely at their pleasure. 

As for the election promised, I am elated and hope the junta government keep to the promise but I fear that Prayut is now not the man in charge and the promised date is still fluid. 

So, you mean there should not be some 'mechanisms' put in place to safeguard (democratic?) values, which would control(!!!) the actions of an elected government, possibly'redirect', or eventually stop, these when not in-line with their own program(!), lacking basic respect for (parts of?) the Thai population (which would not have voted them in?), generally corrupt, or even sedicious? That holding a majority of MPs in the Legislative Assembly is like a free ticket for doing whatever that(those) party(ies) might want, regardless of what that might be, during four years, till the next general election would normally take place? When that would be what you understand 'parliamentary democracy', I would have to disagree with you. 

2 hours ago, bangrak said:

So, all the ones disagreeing with you and your opinions must be a 'Junta hugger', is it? You realise how far such reactions as yours bring one away from the tolerance characteristic for an open mind, don't you?

As for myself, am I part of the equation: anti-Thaksin/Shins = 'Junta hugger'? When you would have read more of my posts, I guess you wouldn't think so. 'Anti' a lot of things that appear in the media TV relays, no doubt, as, alas, there's not a lot in the local news one can, IMO, be 'pro' about..., but not focussed against one group/party/movement/clan, against ALL and each of them busy with crime, corruption, abuse, etc., and Iwould like it a lot when you would also be able not to be selective about who you shoot your arrows at.   

No, not everyone disagreeing with me is automatically a Junta hugger, however people that continue to criticize one part of the fence, without laying blame when the other side does the exact same thing or worse, to me indicates the person, or group doing it apparently matters.

Make no mistake, I am fully aware the Shinawatras are crooks, they are utterly corrupt, but alas, I don't close my eyes, for what the other side has been doing, and I cannot ignore the fact, that they have broken the law in more severe ways, and have done so without any mandate whatsoever. The asset declaration you brought up being just one small example. You cannot possibly deny that there were some irregularities involving several assets declarations by the current lot, when questions were asked, we were all told to shut up or else. Now I hardly see that as an improvement on the alleged false declarations done by someone with a landslide election victory. And why bring it up in the first place, no-one can deny the mandate Thaksin and his party has received repeatedly, any more than someone can deny the lack of mandate of the current lot.

What makes matters worse, is that Thaksin and his proxies WERE subjected to checks and balances, that they were perfectly capable of being voted out of office. The current lot have nothing to worry on both counts. 

2 hours ago, bangrak said:

'Maybe, maybe not', oh my, can't get out of this one with a clear answer, can you? Thought you were strong on an (even when idealistic) incorruptible form of Justice. Not so when it doesn't suit you then, is it? Making you a ...?

I don't know if that was ever proven beyond a reasonable doubt, do you ? Justice is nothing if things cannot be proven. I must assume it eventually lacked that needed prove, as he was allowed to take office, based on two landslide victories in the ballot box I might add, you know the Thai electorate wish, one that needs to be respected by all sides of the fence, including whatever side you might be on. Maybe just maybe then Thailand will progress. 

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

So, you mean there should not be some 'mechanisms' put in place to safeguard (democratic?) values, which would control(!!!) the actions of an elected government, possibly'redirect', or eventually stop, these when not in-line with their own program(!), lacking basic respect for (parts of?) the Thai population (which would not have voted them in?), generally corrupt, or even sedicious? 

Yes, there should and there were. They're called elections.

Tell me, should there be mechanisms in place that prevent army chiefs from committing treason and take power through coups?

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Neither of you are looking for 'honest answers', only Thaksin's return.

Typical response of a certain type.Ignores the question and tries to pin a Thaksin fanboy label on anyone he disagrees with.Low grader who can safely can be left on the sidelines to rant and froth.

3 hours ago, jayboy said:

Typical response of a certain type.Ignores the question and tries to pin a Thaksin fanboy label on anyone he disagrees with.Low grader who can safely can be left on the sidelines to rant and froth.

'Rant and froth'. I thought that was your calling card.

3 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Neither is staging a coup of course. At no time did Thaksin or his proxies capture the state, Prayuth indeed did. you are barking at the wrong tree.

Didn't capture the State, because he didn't succeed. We can certainly agree that Thaksin's failure has been a plus.