Yob who jumped on woman's car and threatened her gets away with a wai and 500 baht

rooster59

1 hour ago, balo said:

Read the whole article. He also have to pay for the damages on the car. It will probably cost more then 10000 baht. The police fine is just a symbolic sum.

If they haven't paid I doubt they will pay if it is left to the police.

Once the 500B is paid the police will forget about it.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Agreed, giving all the wrong signals for unprovoked violence disgusting decision. It is not in the hands of the Police to make such a decision the decision should be made in a court of law.

In Thailand dealing with that sort of minor offence is in the hands of the police, officially.

10 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Disgusting 'justice' yet a few posters claim 'justice' abounds here at all levels!  and that poor girl was forced to Wai him back - that's how it works as I've seen it in action. Police are very threatening under these circumstances and if you don't comply they shout and become abusive.

She would not have been forced to wai back, it is just common courtesy in return for an apology, just the same as shaking hands in the west, most people would do it in the same situation but you don't have to.

10 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

I’ll go threaten a Thai and trampoline on their car..... see how far 500 baht and a wai gets me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

It wouldn't get you far unless you agreed to pay for all the damage also, as this person did.

This is sad on just so many levels, I am coming into this at the backend because I have been away and without tinternet, I really despair for Thai society if this is the end result of basic hooliganism, don't try that on my car mate because I will retaliate unlike that poor young lady. 

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

What he has learned here and the message being sent to all Thai's is, its ok to this, as we will only expect you to provide a wai and pay a 500 baht fine.

I am not going to say anything more, as this is not my country, I am just a guest here, but I hope, if I take this guy out for jumping on my car roof, I get the same treatment, although doubt it 555

The other thing that he has learned is that the damage has to be paid for also, it's not just a wai and a fine.

Got fined more than that (700b) for legally parking on a Sunday, in a Mon-Fri no parking zone.

He asked how much it is in my country.

I said zero Euro obviously.

No, I think around 700 baht, my friend told me 700 baht in your country.

That was at the station. 

3 hours ago, fullcave said:

Ouch, this will be a strong deterrent to the next woman that dares honk her horn at a vehicle veering into her lane. I wonder how much they would have fined me for knocking this jackass out? 500 baht? Done deal. 

And a body bag for you free of charge.

Yob who jumped on woman's car and threatened her gets away with a wai and 500 baht

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GOyahBpIwafD3Layoq.jpg.e205fc0aa765a6223ed05b2c65991bd4.jpg
Image: Thai Rath

The student who was filmed kicking a woman's car, jumping on the roof and threatening her gave the victim a wai in apology yesterday.

But police said that it was not enough to do that and pay for the damage - he had broken the criminal law.

So they fined him 500 baht.

Natthakrit Tulaphan, 21, turned up at Nong Kham police station in Sri Racha with his father, a civil servant.

There they spent half an hour with cops meeting Patchamon Sariwanich, 40, the company employee whose car he had jumped on after an incident on the motorway.

Natthakrit admitted everything and said he would pay in cash for all the damage. He had kicked the car all round and jumped on the roof - all filmed by a member of the public not connected with the incident.

Police said that the case could not be settled just with a wai and compensation as Natthakrit had insulted and threatened Patchamon.

So they fined him 500 baht and everyone went home.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg&key=c0462a795211d2ee26e4aec14494dc36e676f591189aadad96b38e269ae09239 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-07
So at todays rate its 11 pound fined .its a joke man.put some noghts on

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I mean, that is not so important how much the fine. The payment for damage is more important. At some western countries the criminals go away easy, with a smaller or bigger punishment, (fine, or jail time) payments for damages are very rare. If I am a victim, my interest is, in the repayment of all suffered damages

Edited by bogozy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The lady should have tramped on the gas and had the jerk fall and then run over his

leg, at least she would have taught this jerk not to jump on another persons car.

He would have had to spend some time in a cast and maybe learned how heavy a car

really is. 500 baht is a laugh, not even a slap on the wrist.

Geezer

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

The lady should have tramped on the gas and had the jerk fall and then run over his

leg, at least she would have taught this jerk not to jump on another persons car.

He would have had to spend some time in a cast and maybe learned how heavy a car

really is. 500 baht is a laugh, not even a slap on the wrist.

Geezer

Geezer i thought 500 was a bit much to pay The normal 200 would of been enough dont you think?  What is this country coming to with these outrageous fines lol lol lol Dont forget he had to do the Wai omg what a bloody joke The cop in the photo looks so serious like he was really dishing out the punishment to this guy Now i know when Thai drivers drive the cops are the least of their worries Truly  named the keystone  cops No hang on the Keystone cops were smarter than these cops Just a bloody joke alright

17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The other thing that he has learned is that the damage has to be paid for also, it's not just a wai and a fine.

One would hope so, I know a bloke back in the old country who had to pay $25,000 in damages, and as he was unemployed, the judge said, you cannot get away with it, $100 per month until its paid in full, he was 50 at the time, do the math.

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

One would hope so, I know a bloke back in the old country who had to pay $25,000 in damages, and as he was unemployed, the judge said, you cannot get away with it, $100 per month until its paid in full, he was 50 at the time, do the math.

"...do the math."

Why me?  Do it yourself.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, KittenKong said:

What a joke this country is.

Eventually people will start getting tired of this type of justice and take matters into their own hands. For example, when this idiot was jumping all over her car, she could have just driven off, causing some serious injury. She would have been totally justified in doing so because she was in fear of her life. Quite reasonable in my opinion and there is a video to back it up.

• Like 1

I just back from China, went Beijing and Shanghai, been first time, I thought it will be raw, but hey they so much ahead of Thailand, like infrastructure etc... Light years ahead at least in this 2 cities.

In Bejing they honk and really long like dude is hinking 10s stright. My thai gf said if do that in Thailand, dead for sure.

Why thais gets so mad about it, chinese dont its normal there and they honk a lot.

Craziest i saw was vietnam there they honk all the time..

In thailand you do bip and they go nuts.

Its bit primitive isnt it? Any one got idea why?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xaos said:

I just back from China, went Beijing and Shanghai, been first time, I thought it will be raw, but hey they so much ahead of Thailand, like infrastructure etc... Light years ahead at least in this 2 cities.

In Bejing they honk and really long like dude is hinking 10s stright. My thai gf said if do that in Thailand, dead for sure.

Why thais gets so mad about it, chinese dont its normal there and they honk a lot.

Craziest i saw was vietnam there they honk all the time..

In thailand you do bip and they go nuts.

Its bit primitive isnt it? Any one got idea why?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hope you had a good trip.

I think it's this Thai thing of 'acceptance', they accept potential danger and don't do 'could have', 'should have' etc. a thing either happened or it didn't and if it didn't, it wasn't meant to and if it did, it was meant to.

On top of that there's the 'face' thing; balling someone out, tooting them up etc. is making them lose face, kind of very uncool, very un-Thai, whereas in Beijing and in Vietnam they're rushing about like they've been transformed into Westerners, they're 'ascending', like still reacting from being held back by previous regimes and much of that Easternness has gone out the window, the anger at least and the frustration not being dealt with philosophically, instead they reach for the horn!

In Thailand, the extent of corruption & education or the lack of it and subsequent progression, is, I suppose, the root cause of the country's stagnation.

Thailand, as I see it, is backward, and although primitive is not oppressive and holds a lot of charm plus the Thais not yet or let's say not yet had the chance, the questionably wonderful opportunity, to get fixated on individualism but for how long this will be the case, remains to be seen?