Discount on New Toyota Hilux ?

Cashboy

I am looking at buying a brand new Toyota Hilux Revo - Double Cab - Pre-Runner 2 x 4  2.4E Diesel.

Toyota List price is 839,000 bt.

I am a cash buyer.

What discount should one expect from a Toyota dealer.

I was expecting a minimum of 5% i.e. 41,950 bt.

First dealer in Udonthani I have tried is offering only 12,000 bt.

What discount should I be expecting?

I need to buy some accessories at the time of buying this Toyota.

Bed Liner for rear tray (RRP 5750 bt) and floor mats (RRP 1,000 bt)

Again I would have expected 25% off or even free in the west.

What discount should I expect on accessories?

We got 45K discount plus free window tinting, floor mats, emergency kit,license and insurance on a new 2.8G 4x4 (1,147M) in April 2017, you have to shop around the different dealers and make them compete against each other if you want a good deal, paid cash 

2 hours ago, madmax2 said:

We got 45K discount plus free window tinting, floor mats, emergency kit,license and insurance on a new 2.8G 4x4 (1,147M) in April 2017, you have to shop around the different dealers and make them compete against each other if you want a good deal, paid cash 

Yes need to shop 

Not many of them are willing to give a discount but you can see the diff 850 compared to over 1 mill

& if they did give a discount it would mean less extras

Extras should be

* Tinted windows

* First class Ins.

* Floor mats

* Back liner

* Side steps & bull bar

* Front camera

* Full tank

* Gov Taxes

* Free labour on 1st year srvices

* Waxing every 3 mths for 1 yr

* English Manual 

9 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Side steps and bed liner were already fitted to the new vehicle when we inspected it so are part of original equipment, we also got free window weather shields, english owners manual and 1000 baht of fuel

3 hours ago, transam said:

They don't like cash buyers...:sad:.....Shop around..

People really believe finance companies give them low interest loans when they are actually paying at least 15% interest usually a lot more,extra fees and charges are included in the payments and usually you pay interest on the entire amount of the loan for the whole term of the loan

Car dealers employ a finance officer to get their share of the interest the company signs up

A bank loan which is secured by a mortgage by the bank on the property they loan it against is 7% interest, try borrowing money from a bank to buy a car and see how you go

8 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

People really believe finance companies give them low interest loans when they are actually paying at least 15% interest usually a lot more,extra fees and charges are included in the payments and usually you pay interest on the entire amount of the loan for the whole term of the loan

Car dealers employ a finance officer to get their share of the interest the company signs up

A bank loan which is secured by a mortgage by the bank on the property they loan it against is 7% interest, try borrowing money from a bank to buy a car and see how you go

It'actually double as to what they say

I got 2.5 % - So I went into my Auss bank web site, pulled up the the in build calculators as to my payments / period of time & presto it is actually 5 %

Thank you for your comments so far.

I was expecting at least 5% for cash with no part ex.

Started to play the play-off on price in Udonthani Province.

The Thai girl phoned a dealer in Udonthani town for a price and was offered 10,000 bt discount.

Then she telephoned the dealer in Kumpawpi Town in Udonthani Province, near her, who offered 12,000 bt discount.

Below are the workings I have been making from the offer from the dealership in Kumpawapi.

She then went to the Kumpawapi dealer that had little stock but said he would take her to the Udonthani dealer to look at the stock in the warehouse.  That implies that it is the same company that own the dealerships so have a kind of cartel possibly.

I am also getting the impression that the discount comes off their commission on the deal.

Would there be a problem buying the vehicle in a different province?

I ask that with regard to the registration documents.

Buying the vehicle and it being registered in Bangkok would not be a problem for us as relatives in Bangkok.

I just think we might have to buy in BAngkok to get a better deal?

Yada_HiluxDoubleCab_btV3.png

26 minutes ago, Cashboy said:

I can wait.

However, what is the benefit of the Motor Expo?

Do they do discounts and if so, what type of discounts?

Probably not a lot of benefit as you have already chosen your product.

Probably equal or better offer than at non motor show ... I see that you haven't been offered much ....

Unfortunately the only two vehicles that I have bought at a Motor Show were the 'new D-Max' and the 'new Everest', both  debut there so basically a fixed offer ....... being retired and only living a few kms from Impact we usually go at least twice even if just for a couple of hours...

For the dealer it shouldn't make any difference if one buys in cash or finance as he get's his share anyhow, either from you or the bank.

Discount might reduce his profit, in this case it depends on how urgently ne needs to sell and gets cash flow.

Giving extras at a reduced price of even free is obviously better for the dealer, as the RRP has a margin for him but in the buyers eyes, it's more value what he gets

Just to keep you informed.

Thank you for all your comments.

A few points for your information.

Bangkok is the cheapest to buy from.

You need to find a dealer where the sales staff are on a fixed salary as opposed to commission.

You need to be hard.

It is supposedly better to have a Bangkok number plate because (1) you don't get stopped by the police in the other provinces because they think you must be more educated  (2)  it has more status

and value ........................LOL

The red plate fee of 3,000 bt is refundable on putting on the permanent one similarly.

Here is the deal I obtained:

BangkokFinal.png

We bought a 2.4 Prerunner G from Krugthai Toyota in Bangkok earlier this year.Can’t remember exact figures but we found they would not come down much from their listed price (about Baht 5000). But we did get loads of extras included like roll bar, tinted windows, driving camera, TRD mudflaps,floor mats,chrome door handle inserts, free servicing for the first year, first class Insurance one year, spare wheel lock and chrome tailpipe. Baht 5000 for the red plate refundable when you get the white plate and also got a years Road Tax or whatever it’s called. Just for info the only thing I don’t rate with it is the Toyota sat nav it’s pretty much useless in English, apart from that very happy so far with the vehicle.

12 hours ago, Cashboy said:

Just to keep you informed.

Thank you for all your comments.

A few points for your information.

Bangkok is the cheapest to buy from.

You need to find a dealer where the sales staff are on a fixed salary as opposed to commission.

You need to be hard.

It is supposedly better to have a Bangkok number plate because (1) you don't get stopped by the police in the other provinces because they think you must be more educated  (2)  it has more status

and value ........................LOL

The red plate fee of 3,000 bt is refundable on putting on the permanent one similarly.

Here is the deal I obtained:

BangkokFinal.png

I am in BKK and looking to buy. Can you tell me where you bought your vehicle?  Thanks 

On 08/10/2017 at 7:00 AM, steve187 said:

ask for all the extra you want as part of the deal, full tank fuel and 1st class insurance as well, but actual money off discount, i fear you will not get a lot.

forget ''in the west''

Why not, I always thought at year's end one could expect a discount. In two months time the car will be a year old.

Not only new cars are top dollar second hand cars are unbelievably expensive. In the U.K. as soon as you take it out of the showroom New it loses money, at 3 years old it’s lost half of its equity. But here they’re asking nearly New price at 3 year old, had many a laugh at second hand prices though.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 10/8/2017 at 7:57 AM, madmax2 said:

I bought my 2.8g 4by4 in early 2017 with cash discount 80,000 in Chiangmai. I pay cash in full.

3 hours ago, chezy86 said:

Not only new cars are top dollar second hand cars are unbelievably expensive. In the U.K. as soon as you take it out of the showroom New it loses money, at 3 years old it’s lost half of its equity. But here they’re asking nearly New price at 3 year old, had many a laugh at second hand prices though.

2 Reasons:

1. Thai mentality. Nobody buys it but they don't think about lowering their price. Same for condos / apartments

2. Repairs and maintenance here are so cheap compared to the west, that it's not a big deal if something has to be fixed at the car

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Why not, I always thought at year's end one could expect a discount. In two months time the car will be a year old.

I don't think Thai dealerships even offer end-of-current-model discounts so year-enders are a no-hoper IMHO.

2 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

Don't forget: the 3000 for the red plate are a deposit. You will get it back when you get your white plates.

Make sure you get a separate receipt for the red plates deposit, it avoids an 'misunderstandings' on delivery.

If you make sure you get a matching log-book for the red plate issued, you know you are paying for something legal.

It'actually double as to what they say
I got 2.5 % - So I went into my Auss bank web site, pulled up the the in build calculators as to my payments / period of time & presto it is actually 5 %
I got 0% and it was actually 0%.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Archived