"When dad asks me if I am tired I just lie and say no" - says exhausted 12 year old caring for paralyzed father

webfact

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

Just an aside, how do you get Internet banking? SCB just told me no can do as I am not working, ignored the adequate funds in my account.

"SCB just told me no can do as I am not working.."

Are you retired or married to a Thai? Should not be a problem, take your wife in and if that doesn't work, change banks.

Huge numbers of farangs here have bank accounts and are not working. Good luck.

5 hours ago, PJPom said:

Just an aside, how do you get Internet banking? SCB just told me no can do as I am not working, ignored the adequate funds in my account.

If you have a SCB account with ATM, you can open SCB-Easy online here (click on "New user"). I did that with my account, very "easy", some few questions to answer, including ID-number (passport number).

10 hours ago, CWMcMurray said:

Very sad, are there any organizations or other family members that can help?

its great that folks donating money, but no matter how much is given.. it would not be enough to take care and raise this little girl until she is grown

Probably not, but every bit helps and in the meantime it can ease a few problems until hopefully some charity group can step in and assist. 

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Just read the story. I will be making a donation/deposit when i go into town.

As mentioned earlier,  this will help the poor girl initially,  but is there any foundation or support group to assist her long term ?   also with her schooling which possibly could be done from home with the correct tools.

Also,  she may need proper assistance with management of the funds to ensure it's used for food, any special walker or shower frame or whatever to help and it's not just withdrawn by a BIL and wasted.

sad story very worthy of donations ... tks.

Well done mate the more people help the better for them.

My wife has been in contact  with Poramet, giving some suggestions to help, ie i have an electric winch over my bed,, sent him photos so maybe they can fit something similar for him.

• Like 2

Of course these people are very poor, and the girl does of course deserve every support she can get.

But i'm wondering about one thing: In the Video at about 2:48 she says that after she comes back from school she helps at the shop selling vegetables or if it's not open she is gathering stuff. Does the father stay alone while she is at school or is there somebody else who takes care of the father too?

I would like to send money but I would also like to get a feedback to see if the money are being received by the girl .   Do we have a telephone number to her paralyzed dad?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, balo said:

I would like to send money but I would also like to get a feedback to see if the money are being received by the girl .   Do we have a telephone number to her paralyzed dad?  

Please read my previous posts.

The phone number posted on here is the number of the man helping them.

My wife has checked this out as best she can, and yes it is genuine.

Too many people with too many negatives, what is 200/300 baht? the price of a few beers.

Help them, if i can everybody can.

Edited by colinneil

19 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Of course these people are very poor, and the girl does of course deserve every support she can get.

But i'm wondering about one thing: In the Video at about 2:48 she says that after she comes back from school she helps at the shop selling vegetables or if it's not open she is gathering stuff. Does the father stay alone while she is at school or is there somebody else who takes care of the father too?

Yes the father stays alone, no tv nothing must be seriously boring for him.

Lets stop trying to nit pick, help them now.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2

Done as promised, feels good to do something useful.

Should anyone have feedback please post it, be interesting to see if we can follow through on an ongoing basis.

PS well done to the cranky old b*****

Edited by PJPom
Added further comment
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Get Real said:

Thanks, for the reminder Colin. Sometimes it´s just natural to help. This is one of thoose times.
You really got people of their chairs this time. :smile:

Naturally coming 500 from me too this week.

Let´s hope all the help really makes a difference. Maybe just a small one, but everything will take the load off a little bit.
Let´s also see how much the Thai society can help by the use of Facebook. Actually they are usually able to raise more than people think.

there are a couple of facebook groups some run by volunteer workers, some by individuals like celebrities that bring up cause like this and many thais do donate and show their bank receipt on the FB page. Normally those pages are for folks who have severe medical needs / handicaps.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:51 PM, Artisi said:

Any TV members in the immediate area, maybe a visit (not to check bona fides) but see if other help is useful- like a few clothes for the girl, I could probably rustle up a few clothes form cousins etc - shoe size etc. 

And maybe do some small work that the little girl isn't able to do due to physical build, not enough power to handle heavy things etc....  Great idea! But do we have an address?

• Like 2

If I'm right, the article beneath (taken from FB Poramet Misomphop ) says that in 5 days 5.000.000 THB has been collected!!  A big Thanks to all contributors! 

5 วันเพียงเท่านั้น "น้ำใจคนไทยไม่ทิ้งกัน"
และขอปิดการช่วยเหลือครับ

สวัสดีครับหลังจากที่เมศได้ลงพื้นที่เข้าเยี่ยม
ให้การช่วยเหลือเบื้องต้นให้กับน้อง สตางค์ ...
ที่ต้องทำงานขายผัก และ เก็บขยะขาย
เพื่อนำเงินมาเลี้ยงดูพ่อที่ป่วยพิการ และเป็นหัวเรือหลักของบ้าน
และได้นำเรื่องราวลงผ่านสื่อออนไลน์
วันเสาร์ที่ผ่านมาจนตอนนี้เวลาผ่านไปเพียง 5 วัน

มีเพื่อนๆพี่ๆให้ความสนใจและส่งความช่วยเหลือ
มาช่วยน้องสตางค์และคุณพ่อจำนวนมาก
โดยโอนเงินเข้ามาทางบัญชีคุณพ่อโดยตรง
บัญชีดังกล่าวคุณพ่อน้องเป็นคนดูแล
ถือสมุดบัญชีและบัตรกดเงินเอาไว้กับตัว

น้ำใจคนไทยไม่ทอดทิ้งจริงๆ
โดยมียอดเงินเข้ามาช่วยเหลือเป็น
จำนวนเงินกว่า 5 ล้านบาท