Switching Internet from TrueOnline to AIS

bbi1

i've been reading up an old thread on the Bangkok forum about switching to AIS. Someone mentioned there's a 50% discount for 6 months from changing from True, is this still around? Don't see any mention on the AIS site. Do you have to lock in a contract for a specific time period?

I see on their site a 10% discount for AIS customers. Does this apply to postpaid mobile phone topup customers?

AIS fibre - does it work in all condos in downtown Asoke area? I had a Thai person say some buildings you can't change companies because of this. Do we have to pay for an installation fee? Their small print says:

1. The customer get discount for installation fee with outdoor wiring installation amount of 4,800 Baht when agree to use AIS Fibre service continuously at least 12 bill cycles since the date of the installation. In case that the customer cancels the service within 12 bill cycles from the date of installation, the company reserves the right to collect the installation fee with outdoor wiring installation at the rate based on prorate basic of remaining bills under such period after deduct from paid bills.
  2. If the customer choose to pay for the installation fee with outdoor wiring installation in amount of 4,800 Baht since the first bill cycle will not determine the period of AIS Fibre service.
  3. All AIS Fibre equipment are belonging to AWN. In case customer cancels the service, customer must return all AIS Fibre equipment to the company.
  4. New AIS Fibre subscriber has permission to borrow Dual Band Wi-Fi Router value 2,500 Baht that support 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency increase efficiency improvements
  5. Special AIS Fibre entry fee only 650 Baht from normal price 2,000 Baht

The first step would be to check with AIS (and your building'a management) to see if AIS Fibre can be installed in your location.

3BB Fiber may also be an option.

Maybe chat with some neighbors to see which ISPs they are using?

If it is a high-rise you may have to utilize VDSL for the riser run up to your floor/condo/apartment (fiber terminated in the basement, existing copper used to your floor - this is standard here).

I don't know if AIS is offering some extreme discounts to switch; I haven't seen that sort of promotion but maybe that was early on?

AIS does offer a huge array of packages and promotions, some with streaming TV and mobile telephony bundled, at a discount. And on some plans they do offer discounts to post-paid customers, and to Serenade customers. One example: HomePLUS 100 Mbps is 1,099/month, 999/month to post-paid and 899/month to Serenade.

http://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_homeplus.html

I think installation is still free, and the initial contract term is 12 months, after which I think it runs month-to-month. Equipment "rental" is also free.

I just changed from True docsis (cable) to True fibre.

50Mb down 20 Mb up with free sim card with unlimited mobile internet (4Mbps max) for 12 months. And free TV with 3 months some premium channels, although we almost don't look any TV.

This package is 799 per month. Upgradable to 300Mb for 1990 per month (and some steps in between).

It's fibre straight into the router (townhouse) and so far the speed is better than it was. 

I switched all my services from True to AIS back in January iPhone, cable/internet, and it was a VERY GOOD decision.  AIS provides awesome service!  It is true about the 50% discount for the first 6 months I think I remember getting that same deal.  Bottom line AIS provides a hell of a lot better service than True.  I would highly recommend that everyone switch from True to AIS!  

Some time back i moved from AIS to True in Khon Kaen. I found that AIS on close to 2 week ends, late Fridays till mid day the following Monday i often had no internet and calling them was a joke. Since moving to True Fibre it has been awesome, best thingi ever did.  

3 hours ago, shaurene said:

Some time back i moved from AIS to True in Khon Kaen. I found that AIS on close to 2 week ends, late Fridays till mid day the following Monday i often had no internet and calling them was a joke. Since moving to True Fibre it has been awesome, best thingi ever did.  

i find 3BB a joke when it comes to customer service takes them a week to get to you to fix the problem. im thinking of changing to true.