A simple mind is a joy forever !

On 10/12/2017 at 9:30 AM, Gruff said:

Couldn't agree more. After all most of us still base our set of morals on what Governments and Religious organisations have taught us and we all know their level of morality!

I have a mind of my one. It seems though that confronting thais, many expats too, about the ethical right and wrongs of this beautiful land is often responded by the words; you think too much ! The point(s) i try to get across to make this country a better, more compassionate and righteouss place is hardly appreciated by above mentioned people. Its costing me entertaining sex with lovely, beautiful women who i meet on the road. My lips are sealed from now on. Every time i feel the urge coming of a somewhat serious conversation, i pinch myself and smile. After a week of trying i already see the positive results of my shallow existence here :passifier:

There appears to be a percentage of the expat population who's mission is to import all of the ideals, morals, ethics, behavior from the home country. They wont be happy until they have created the sterile, over governed, over taxed nanny state that they left.

57 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There appears to be a percentage of the expat population who's mission is to import all of the ideals, morals, ethics, behavior from the home country. They wont be happy until they have created the sterile, over governed, over taxed nanny state that they left. 

I have noticed this also. The complain that x, y, and z or better back home and wish that Thailand could be more like home. I kind of like the non-enforcement/lack of laws here in Thailand (especially rural Thailand). Face it, if we all thought our home countries were the cats meow and so much better than Thailand wouldn't we all be living back where we came from right now?

That's what I thought.....

Edited by Ahab
add text

On 10/14/2017 at 8:46 AM, Peterw42 said:

But they do bring their privileged currencies and pensions.

If you want to live like a rural Thai, then live on a rural Thai income.

Otherwise......another hypocritical post :(

5 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

But they do bring their privileged currencies and pensions.

If you want to live like a rural Thai, then live on a rural Thai income.

Otherwise......another hypocritical post :(

Not sure what that has to do with my original post or what was hypocritical about my original post, As the topic or my post was not about currencies, pensions or rural Thai living.

The thread is about "accepting or changing" Thai morals ethics etc. I made a coment that many try to change things.

If you want to troll or bait, best to stay on topic or at least address my post.

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure what that has to do with my original post or what was hypocritical about my original post, As the topic or my post was not about currencies, pensions or rural Thai living.

The thread is about "accepting or changing" Thai morals ethics etc. I made a coment that many try to change things.

If you want to troll or bait, best to stay on topic or at least address my post.

Well....You don't want Thailand to become a nanny state, but thanks to your nanny state privileges you are able to have a good life here at the expense of Thai population. I say this because who says that ordinary Thai people don't want to live in a nanny state? Just because it suits you to live in a lawless country doesn't mean it suits the most Thais.

26 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Well....You don't want Thailand to become a nanny state, but thanks to your nanny state privileges you are able to have a good life here at the expense of Thai population. I say this because who says that ordinary Thai people don't want to live in a nanny state? Just because it suits you to live in a lawless country doesn't mean it suits the most Thais.

I would consider lawlessness and nanny state to be two different things, lawlessness is driving around drunk, nanny state is not being able to have a glass of wine at a beach picnic.

I am all for law and order, not very fond of government controlling all aspects of my life.

As for what Thais want, I dont know. Its not up to me to tell them what to do, and I like most things about Thailand as they are.

As per my original post , there are many who want to bring all of the culture from home and introduce it to Thailand

15 hours ago, Been there done that said:

I truly cannot see what morality has to do with a nannystate. Please enlighten me.

Thanks !

You may find yourself on a remote and deserted beach and decide to go for a swim with no clothes on, in the nanny state there is a sign forbidding this, and a guy jumps out from behind a sand dune and writes you a ticket.

19 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You may find yourself on a remote and deserted beach and decide to go for a swim with no clothes on, in the nanny state there is a sign forbidding this, and a guy jumps out from behind a sand dune and writes you a ticket.

Ohhh, here they will put you in jail because of disrespecting this beautiful culture. Nothing a few 1.000 bht cannot solve though.

Please give a better example next time, makes you look smarter:smile:

20 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

No, this thread is not about changing thai morals/ethics. 

1 minute ago, Been there done that said:

No, this thread is not about changing thai morals/ethics. 

If you are going to quote me maybe quote what I said instead of editing it.

"accepting or changing" Thai morals ethics etc.

On 14/10/2017 at 8:26 AM, Been there done that said:

The point(s) i try to get across to make this country a better, more compassionate and righteouss place is hardly appreciated by above mentioned people.

Apologies,  I have misunderstood the above sentence from your post No3, as talking about "change".