Foreign Volunteer Cops Accused Of Extorting Phuket Businesses

snoop1130

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm fairly sure your post was ironic, but a few will miss the intended humour - so (as I'm as subtle as a brick), I'll be more obvious.

"a whistleblower accuses two volunteers of extorting “protection money” from business owners and collecting bribes for their Thai supervisors on the force."

Just following orders it seems to me :coffee1:"

That's a good excuse for foreign volunteer cops extorting bribes?  But it does help explain why foreign volunteer cops are disliked so much by so many!

You're right of course insofar as "if you get your papers in order" it makes it far more difficult for bribes to be demanded.  Assuming, of course, you have the energy/stamina/determination not to give in and come to the decision that it's easier to just pay the money - for the sake of future peace and harmony.....

I don't own a business or even work here - but have to make similar decisions (with the landlord's 'repair man') every time I have a problem with my rented house....

They are NOT Cops- they are volunteer assistants (some of THEM would beg to differ though- the Walts). 

Edited by Psimbo

• 11 months later...
20 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Namkangman seems to have touched a sore nerve.how much do you or your boss have to pay each month?

It took you one year to come up with a smart ass reply like that? Lol.

For your interest, although you're trolling and not really posting, fully legal, no payments like this to anybody.