Bomb Rumour Pattaya

Tolley

There was a lot of talk amongst local Thais yesterday about a bomb that had been found in or near one of the cinemas in Pattaya yesterday?

They were warning to stay away from Big C and Royal Garden?

Anyone heard anytthing about this?

There was a lot of talk amongst local Thais yesterday about a bomb that had been found in or near one of the cinemas in Pattaya yesterday?

Someone farted in the bar I was in last night.

My wife and i felt the blast wave, lucky for me I was sitting be hide her.

So I was ok, but the stink was unreal, we looked over through the green haze.

Thought I saw some guy with a moustache and a white dress on leaving in a hurry.

Dirty bugger.

Have a nice day.

:o

It was in the paper this weekend, it was actually a car that had been converted to LPG, something started smoking so the driver bailed out and it subsequently blew up, they cleared the car park for safety.

It was in the paper this weekend, it was actually a car that had been converted to LPG, something started smoking so the driver bailed out and it subsequently blew up, they cleared the car park for safety.

Possible the driver had farted and was smoking at the same time, or using a mobile phone.

This may have triggered the blast, then the LPG bottle went up after

critical mass was reached.

Be very careful if braking wind in a taxi.

Well somebody is taking this seriously. I noticed security guards have set up a desk at one of the entrances to Big C on Second Road and they were doing randam shopping trolley checks. I didn't check the other entrances.

Well somebody is taking this seriously. I noticed security guards have set up a desk at one of the entrances to Big C on Second Road and they were doing randam shopping trolley checks. I didn't check the other entrances.

Did they have a mirror on a stick to check the main

Chassis of the shopping trolley for suspect devices.

LoL

BTW Its not such a good idea to give people a deck to sit at, as this

also doubles as a sleeping aid in Thailand.

Boom Boom.

It would only take one bomb in Walking Street on a busy night or one of the major shopping centres to decimate tourism in Pattaya.

You only have to look at what happened in Bali.

Pattaya and Phuket for that matter would seem logical targets for terrorists looking for publicity and trying to make a point.

Edited by Tolley

Around 2 -3 am on new years day we were sitting in the bars at the top of Soi 1.

Across the road at Big C the police had sealed of the soi at the side, camera men were hiding behind the side wall, popping up everynow and again to take photos in the area outside the front. The Big Bloodhound was asleep on the pavement. We were told by a police man that there had been 5 or 6 bomb threats including Walking Street and Naklua market all around the same time.

I have seen nothing about this in the news but whatever they were doing they certainly were'nt looking for bananas !

A friend from bkk just rang asking what happened, apparently some news is floating around bkk about a bomb going off in Pattaya 1 hour ago?

I havent seen or heard of anything to confirm this.

I can find nothing in the news to substantiate this. Please bear in mind that a number of Bomb Hoaxes have been made in Pattaya recently.

• 3 weeks later...

i have no way of knowing if this is true or not but seeing as i have now heard the same story from 2 totaly unconnected sources i thought i would post it, apparantly on Friday night (26th) there was a bomb on walking street which was found diffused and people (locals) were told not to say anything. I was first told this on Saturday night by a BG and just dismissed it as nothing had been said on here, however just got off the phone to a good freind and without me saying anything he repeated near enough the same story to me and he heard about it last night in Jomtien.

BB

I heard last Thursday that the police have been warned that there could be a bomb attack in Pattaya sometime over the next 3 weeks... large shopping centres and Walking Street are reported to be likely targets.

The person who told me about it was a well-connected Thai General... so I haven't discounted it.

Please be reminded that this is unconfirmed so there's so need for alarm... but it wouldn't hurt to exercise some caution.

I heard last Thursday that the police have been warned that there could be a bomb attack in Pattaya sometime over the next 3 weeks... large shopping centres and Walking Street are reported to be likely targets.

The person who told me about it was a well-connected Thai General... so I haven't discounted it.

Please be reminded that this is unconfirmed so there's so need for alarm... but it wouldn't hurt to exercise some caution.

NAMEDROPPER

I doubt there's going to be an attack on Pattaya anytime soon.

The two most likely perpetrators would be the southern muslims and Shinawatra supporters.

Both of these groups would much rather attack Bangkok.

If there is an attack on Pattaya, it will be al Qaida.

I just can't see them choosing Pattaya, considering the arab population.

Also, I suspect even some of them choose Pattaya and other parts of Thailand, the Philippines etc. as their playground.

But havng said this, it is possible they could target a specific night club, disco, etc. known to be a favorite hangout of westerners.

Possible but not likely in my mind.

My Thai GF had read in a Thai paper a day or 2 after the BKK bombings about a bomb found on new year's eve at Fesival Leisure, Pattaya.

This was in a Thai newspaper and not reported in general media or foreign language press anywhere that I could find.

My GF is adamant that this was what it said as I can't read Thai and have no doubt about it's truth. Therefore Pattaya has already been targeted and we have so far been lucky!

NAMEDROPPER

You know who I'm talking about mate? :o