In Brexit poker, clock narrows transition options

webfact

20 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Actually we are quite ok for Britain leaving the union. We were in kind of shock at first, but now the separation feels a lot better idea. 

Why are Putinists so eager to divide western unity?

You're hardly likely to admit your dissapointment of us leaving now, are you. In other words, 'you would say that.'

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

You're hardly likely to admit your dissapointment of us leaving now, are you. In other words, 'you would say that.'

I'm pretty sure I said loud and clear how disappointed I was when the Brexit vote results came in. Since then I have had to learn quite a lot more about British politics in EU and in Britain and my view has changed to that we are better without Brits in EU.

Saying 'us', which country do you represent?

23 hours ago, taipeir said:

No they were just asked in or out.

Most were not well educated enough to understand the ramifications.

They were certainly NOT asked for any grey area in between.

The grey area in between is the real world!

Why not give the public a vote on the options which would be a clear mandate for a course of action going forward not looking backwards.

The problem with that referendum is that the result can be attached to any motivation the politicians attach to it.

It was a vote for taking back control.

It was a vote for the NHS.

It was a vote for controlling freedom of movement.

It was a vote against the government .

It was a vote against London.

It was a vote against elites.

Because there weren't enough choices given..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Another post with the "uneducated enough" theme! Yuk!

25 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I'm pretty sure I said loud and clear how disappointed I was when the Brexit vote results came in. Since then I have had to learn quite a lot more about British politics in EU and in Britain and my view has changed to that we are better without Brits in EU.

Give you one guess.

29 minutes ago, oilinki said:

As my dear old granny used to say "questions that needn't be asked, needn't be answered.

17 hours ago, oilinki said:

What makes you think UK government does not have full access to the account auditings? After all UK is still a full member of the EU. 

The full audits of the EU do not exist because their accounts do not balance and they are not signed off - people have lost their jobs over this - just another good reason to leave . 

The full audits of the EU do not exist because their accounts do not balance and they are not signed off - people have lost their jobs over this - just another good reason to leave . 
Do you think the EU is run like a canteen out of a shed ?

Laughable.

Why are non Brits so bitter about us leaving, it wouldn't have anything to do with their subscriptions having to soar when we leave would it? 

Not bitter at all. 

Most of us have a prosperous and open future as part of the EU!

Please continue to allow the toffs and inbreds and non resident media owners run roughshod over you.

Tally ho.

4 minutes ago, taipeir said:

If you don't understand the issues and the structure of the EU then how does one consider oneself educated enough to vote on to the topic ?

Anyone truly understanding the issues and the structure of the EU would want to leave it!

Anyone truly understanding the issues and the structure of the EU would want to leave it!
So what are they?

What is the structure of the EU?

Come on supply details.
Effort.
Some intelligent thought to the conversation.
Research .

17 minutes ago, taipeir said:

Not bitter at all. 

Most of us have a prosperous and open future as part of the EU!

Please continue to allow the toffs and inbreds and non resident media owners run roughshod over you.

Tally ho.

Most of your posts have nothing to do with brexit, it is merely a platform for you to Brit bash.

Something like that. But they do have a nice bar at the Commission!

I see now where you were getting this particular odd meme.

Seems to have been one of those juicy lies out together around the referendum time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36276175

Claim: The European Union is so corrupt that the European Court of Auditors has not signed off its accounts for 20 years.

Reality Check verdict: The Court of Auditors has signed the EU accounts every year since 2007, while pointing out that EU countries, once they receive the EU funds, misuse about 4.4% of the total budget.

Read the blooming article or are you going to say it's fake news as well.

You've been caught out red-handed repeating falsehoods here.

The EU accounts are audited every year

Claim: The European Union is so corrupt that the European Court of Auditors has not signed off its accounts for 20 years.

Reality Check verdict: The Court of Auditors has signed the EU accounts every year since 2007, while pointing out that EU countries, once they receive the EU funds, misuse about 4.4% of the total budget.

The lie in quotes above (typical of the Brexit referendum campaign)

Say it enough times and some people might believe it even though it's complete rubbish.

2 minutes ago, taipeir said:

pean Court of Auditors has not signed off its accounts for 20 years.

4 minutes ago, taipeir said:

Read the blooming article or are you going to say it's fake news as well.

You've been caught out red-handed repeating falsehoods here.

The EU accounts are audited every year

BBC for me is certainly not trustworthy but that aside, if the Court of Auditors can accept 100 billion going astray then that doesn't really make them auditors, does it? More yes men on the payroll more like. The 4-5% error would not be allowed anywhere else and the error is not signed off but just recognized as such. So the full accounts are not signed off. 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I guess you are eagerly waiting for the 350M to be pushed to NHS as well?

BBC for me is certainly not trustworthy but that aside, if the Court of Auditors can accept 100 billion going astray then that doesn't really make them auditors, does it? More yes men on the payroll more like. The 4-5% error would not be allowed anywhere else and the error is not signed off but just recognized as such. So the full accounts are not signed off. 

Read it again

The 4-5 ‰ is an estimation (just like any audit) and it is the part that is controlled by national governments.

Anyway the point was that the EU certainly has its accounts audited every year.

12 hours ago, oilinki said:

So.. as summary, EU has done a pretty damn good job of accounting, a pretty damn good job of finding out the folks who are abusing the system. This good work has lead to reduce of the abuse to half what it used to be. 

I'd say, that's the community I wish to live in. 

I wouldn't want to be paying for the bills of the high life aristocrafts as it's deemed to happen in the UK. But that's your life, not ours, who don't have the blue blooded superior human beings.  

Where are you from?

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

The UK.

Which country do you represent?

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Another post with the "uneducated enough" theme! Yuk!

1 hour ago, taipeir said:

If you don't understand the issues and the structure of the EU then how does one consider oneself educated enough to vote on to the topic ?

1 hour ago, taipeir said:

Do you think the EU is run like a canteen out of a shed ?

Laughable.

Yet another foreigner who knows far more about the UK than the people who live and have lived there for decades.

32 minutes ago, taipeir said:

Read it again

The 4-5 ‰ is an estimation (just like any audit) and it is the part that is controlled by national governments.

Anyway the point was that the EU certainly has its accounts audited every year.

The % is an estimation but by any measure, it's a lot of dough. Accounts audited but not fully signed off. That's because they don't balance. The EU found a new way to fudge that so that the accounts were split into two parts, one of which is: “payments which have been negative or adverse” are simply set aside and not signed off.