Money when you have a baby in Thailand

chemist

Dear members,

I know for a fact that one of my foreign friends received 30.000 baht (or was it 15.000?) when he and his Indian wife had a baby while he was working in Thailand. Apparently there is a connection with something called "Prakansa kom", which means that you have paid 750 baht of your salary every month for social security. Well, I have paid this amount for a long time and wonder if there is any truth to this claim. If so, what kind of documentation do I need to get the money?

Cheers,

Chemist

I received this 2x (2 kids). Last one was 7 years ago, when it was 12k baht. Now it's indeed more, but not sure how much. You can check it on their website.

I think you need the birth certificate and your marriage certificate. Maybe some more, cannot remember. 

Besides the lump sum payment you are also entitled to receive  a monthly payment of about 400 baht (not sure the amount now) per child from their birth up to 6 years. 

3 hours ago, Cheops said:

Besides the lump sum payment you are also entitled to receive  a monthly payment of about 400 baht (not sure the amount now) per child from their birth up to 6 years.

yes my girlfriend gets this each month for our son

My understanding of this was that you are only entitled to this benefit if:

You or partner have worked and paid into the Thai social security system for 1 year with 3 years prior to birth?

Is that not the case?