VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

Jonathan Fairfield

I didn't see the video the Thai guy said he had which would have proven his point. If true he could have proven his point sucker punching the guy a guy that is 50 years older than him.  I was once on a juror in a case pretty much what we all saw except the guy was in his 20's, when he fell he head the back of his head so hard he die on the spot.

Even if the Thai was right legally, he voided whatever the Farang might have said or done when he premeditated by putting his phone in his pocket and then throwing the punch.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, AllThaiedUp said:

And... dropped by a girly punch. That big ring the guy's wearing is the only reason it drew blood. Guess he thought he was safe because the police were right there but let that be a lesson... Always expect the unexpected.

...yeah...i am sure, you're a Hero....talk talk:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

I didn't see the video the Thai guy said he had which would have proven his point. If true he could have proven his point sucker punching the guy a guy that is 50 years older than him.  I was once on a juror in a case pretty much what we all saw except the guy was in his 20's, when he fell he head the back of his head so hard he die on the spot.

Even if the Thai was right legally, he voided whatever the Farang might have said or done when he premeditated by putting his phone in his pocket and then throwing the punch.

why a moderator doesnt pin this video to the original post ??.....

1 minute ago, SlyouThai said:

oh yeah everyone should keep his cool after one crazy old man tried to kill you and your wife/baby with a machete and then proceed to lie to the police in front of you.....

The policeman should just take statements and bring both to the station for investigation, not try to decipher a grainy video. The one crime the cop did directly witness, though, was the Thai guy striking the Aussie and the Thai arrested and charged for assault. Then I am sure the Aussie would be charged at the station upon further investigation and then brought to trial on charges of Assault with a deadly weapon.

That is right elnet1. Now the Thai guy has given the Aussie guy another weapon to use against him because of the assault and the Aussie guy can use the Thai police officer as a witness to the unprovoked assault. The Aussie guy can also claim against the Thai police officer for failing to perform his duty and arresting the Thai guy which a good lawyer will either get the Aussie guy off or get any sentence reduced.

Sorry bassa73 and Thai Ron but you are both wrong, I am not a Brit with a chip on my shoulder, I am a retired law enforcement officer from Australia and I can see the problems that this can cause the Thai police and on how it can set two guilty people free without conviction

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The old boy is lucky he’s still alive. I’d be looking by over my shoulder from now on if I was him.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You are correct, he might be better if he was charged and deported. As I knew a Thai that ran afoul of some mafia types and ran off to Malaysia and they eventually found him and bashed him in the head with a hammer by two guys on a moto and killed him.

2 minutes ago, SlyouThai said:

why a moderator doesnt pin this video to the original post ??.....

Not sure what you are trying to say?

But it really doesn't matter what the farang did or didn't do in the video. If it is true who is at fault when the farang pulls out a weapon everything void, when the Thai sucker punch him right in front of the cop and on video that he voided his position. Up until then the Thai guy did the right thing by calling the cops, said the right things but when he pull his phone away and sucker punch a guy he could have spit on and knock him down he now doesn't get any sympathy from me.

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Negligence by police possibly!

The guilty one should also have been down and cuffed immediately.

The policeman was on his own, he listen to the fat Thai first, and then heard what the Aussie had to say. How could he know whom to handcuff in the absence of any evidence. Interestingly the fat Thai idiot loses his nerve and sucker punches the Aussie while the Bib gets his version. 

The only problem here is that Bibs work in isolation, had it been a patrol of 2 or 3 officers,  the sucker punch part of the story wouldn't have happened.

3 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Please give the Thai my number. In will happily accommodate him and his rat cop mate.

His a low Thai dog that couldn't box my left ball.

do you want the number of the crazy old white guy who tried to kill a family with a machete so you can go grab a beers with him and talk about the good old nazi time ?

It was a cowards punch when you look at the picture of it. The Aussie guy was looking at the police office and was talking to him and would not have seen the Thai guy throwing the punch from his side so he had no chance to move or deflect the punch and that can be clearly seen in the picture, so the police should have arrested him immediately

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

He is 72 and they came back for more in front of a little girl

These Thai are mentally ill.I suggest a bullet is required. The police you can suck my big rod

so being old and skinny he have the right to attempt to kill a  family with a machete , but when he get sucker punched it makes you feel sad ?  ok....

How did all this start? There are many unanswered questions that no one on here knows. What happened before any of this video was taken? Who took the video? The video only shows the Aussie get out of his car and get the knife out but it does not show anything that included the Thai man on the video. The Aussie did not approach the car with the video.

5 minutes ago, SlyouThai said:

so being old and skinny he have the right to attempt to kill a  family with a machete , but when he get sucker punched it makes you feel sad ?  ok....

Quite right, he used two lethal weapons against the fat Thai, a machete and his car. I would have been a lot more agitated then Fatso, had I been at the receiving end. The Aussie would be in big trouble (sitting a prison term) in any country of the world. It is going to happen here, and the little girl won't see much of her dad. 100% his doing.

What is an elderly guy doing escalating "anything" with a much younger Thai man. That in itself is truly idiotic. Beyond belief and he's obviously live in Thai for a while. On that score he should keep a civil tongue in his mouth. Who's on drugs here??????

Quite right, he used two lethal weapons against the fat Thai, a machete and his car. I would have been a lot more agitated then Fatso, had I been at the receiving end. The Aussie would be in big trouble (sitting a prison term) in any country of the world. It is going to happen here, and the little girl won't see much of her dad. 100% his doing.

You seem to have an issue with the Thai mans weight.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

jeab1980 go and return to the real world of Thai's coward punching other people in front of the police and not getting arrested. Some real world

And stupid falangs running down the road with a machete and not geetting arrested russell27au grow up and stop being a sheep

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

How did all this start? There are many unanswered questions that no one on here knows. What happened before any of this video was taken? Who took the video? The video only shows the Aussie get out of his car and get the knife out but it does not show anything that included the Thai man on the video. The Aussie did not approach the car with the video.

So let's give the machete-wielding, bipolar Aussie whackjob a pass, shall we?

I can imagine his checklist before leaving the house

"Packed lunch, check

Homework, check

Packet of Skittles, check

Sharpened machete, check.

"Come on sweetpea we're gonna be late"

Archived