VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Dinosaurs roamed the earth?

No, before soccer louts from Britain got themselves banned from some European cities.

Keep on with the insults, I don't mind. Easy to be brave behind a keyboard.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

This is Thailand: I suppose it could happen.

Anywhere else- well he's guilty as guilty can be of serious assault.  Provocation would not stand up as it was after the event, and there is also the ferocity of the punch to be considered.

Thai guy was "in shock", just an after reaction ... some one scratched his car and drove away cursing, instead of just stop, get out off the car, take a look, apologize, event. call cops or insurance, negotiate ... so the Thai dude gets in front of him and tries to make him stop & talk ... old bugger with a glasses and perhaps same driving skill as most of Thais have, ran for the machete and attacked, whilst there was a woman and the baby there ... Thai dude still follows and positions himself in front of the lunatic's car, just to get ran over -thrown to the side (wasn't he been quite an athlete, he could have been severely injured) so, he calls the cops and still follows to the parking lot ... accompanied by the cop goes to the farang's car and sees him them like "nothing" ... I'm justa old man - I don't know what's wrong with him (Thai)" ... seriously, god knows he would get one from me too ... now and here, when I know I sure will be prevented not to kill him ... so sorry for the little girl there (but i suspect she must have already witnessed her daddy raging before?)

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

That is right elnet1. Now the Thai guy has given the Aussie guy another weapon to use against him because of the assault and the Aussie guy can use the Thai police officer as a witness to the unprovoked assault. The Aussie guy can also claim against the Thai police officer for failing to perform his duty and arresting the Thai guy which a good lawyer will either get the Aussie guy off or get any sentence reduced.

Sorry bassa73 and Thai Ron but you are both wrong, I am not a Brit with a chip on my shoulder, I am a retired law enforcement officer from Australia and I can see the problems that this can cause the Thai police and on how it can set two guilty people free without conviction

My apologies Russell17au. I was not referring to you.

3 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Personally, I don't care. He had it coming.

He's lucky he's not dead - he could just as easily have tried that on with a far more dangerous individual.

I'm betting he won't do something so stupid ever again.

oh he will ... it's just that type of old, angry, unhappy moron ... too old and silly to learn

40 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Something to think about:

Would the Thai man have launched a sucker punch attack if the 72 year old was a Thai?

I think we all know the answer to that one.

There's something very, very wrong in this country, and it appears to be getting worse as time goes on. 

The expats seem to be getting a lot worse as well, but a fly on a turd is only there because the turd is there in the first place. 

No we don't the answer to that one.

Please enlighten us

Again... an incident not noteworthy being brought on the national scale. I won't point a finger at this guy because I am just waiting for the day where I pick my nose and everyone posts it on social media and I am then accused of a crime. At best... what happened here is worthy of the attention of a local news paper... and maybe the school yearbook. 

I hate this world where social media blows things out of proportion... when I was a kid no one wrote home about fights in the schoolyard. Let these two guys work it out cos the law here certainly ain't.

17 minutes ago, golden farang said:

Guy smashed old mans face and thai police just stand there and do nothing! Police in Thailand is absolute disgrace!! Would they stand there and watch him get killed too? If the farang hit thai he would be in handcuffs already im sure. Welcome to LOS.

Yet another late arrival who hasn't watched the videos.

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

It was a cowards punch when you look at the picture of it. The Aussie guy was looking at the police office and was talking to him and would not have seen the Thai guy throwing the punch from his side so he had no chance to move or deflect the punch and that can be clearly seen in the picture, so the police should have arrested him immediately

that cowards punch was just the same bloody coward as when the old fart decided to hit the Thai dude by his car!!! He also didn't even look at the driver but been looking aside when he got hit - no chance to react any other way but take a hit and throw and roll over to the side jump

... I mean, look at the old man. He runs like a fawn , hesitate not one second, smashes the window and drives towards this Thai bloke like it was only a molehill ... it takes some balls or sky-high-rage, or fear to do so, the way he did ! ... he's mad and I'm sure his family would confirm (to the friends, lol)

Archived