VIDEO: Thai man brutally assaults Aussie expat in Pattaya following road rage incident

Jonathan Fairfield

After weighing up all the video evidence you have to side with the Thai guy.

The Aussie is seen blatantly lying to everyone in the video

The Aussie is the first aggressor and puts a machete through his car window and runs him over

It was the Thai guy that called the police according to the report

Cowardly punch or not on a 70+ year old, sometimes events (especially such as what has happened) get the better of you

You have to suspect the mental state of the Aussie due to his actions

I would not even be aggrieved if he was deported ( except for his family)as he is a very dangerous old individual

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most places, the Thai assaulted the other man with what is called a sucker punch, right in front of the policeman.  In any other country, the Thai would have been arrested and put in manacles immediately - but- easier for police to have them settle it privately.

Irrespective of what happened earlier the police officer did not have access to the video and that was still to be investigated but the Thai did assault the Aussie in front of the police office so he should therefore be arrested and charged with assault. Then it was up to the Thai to lodge a complaint about the previous issue so that it could be investigated properly and charges laid if proven against the Aussie guy. If the Thai guy is not charged then that sends a message to all Thai men that it is ok to assault any farang as they wish which will mean that farangs will carry weapons to defend them selves and then the Thais will carry more weapons than they do now and soon Thailand will be just Like America with mass shootings and murders.

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Irrespective of what happened earlier the police officer did not have access to the video and that was still to be investigated but the Thai did assault the Aussie in front of the police office so he should therefore be arrested and charged with assault. Then it was up to the Thai to lodge a complaint about the previous issue so that it could be investigated properly and charges laid if proven against the Aussie guy. If the Thai guy is not charged then that sends a message to all Thai men that it is ok to assault any farang as they wish which will mean that farangs will carry weapons to defend them selves and then the Thais will carry more weapons than they do now and soon Thailand will be just Like America with mass shootings and murders.

Yeah and I suppose that if it had been you having your window smashed by a lunatic wielding with a machete while your wife and kid were in the car, you'd be calmly stood at the side of the road consulting the relevant sections of the Criminal Justice Act preparing your case.

It's easy to be rational and cerebral sat in a recliner with a cup of cocoa, mate.

1 minute ago, SlyouThai said:

just imagine this happening tomorow :

In england , an old and skinny muslim immigrant attacking a british guy with wife and baby with a machete , then try to run them over. The british young guy keep his cool until the old guy instead of feeling sorry start lying to the cops , then  punch him in the face.

I really wonder what many of the guys who called the Thai Guy here a coward ( or even worst racist comments )  would have to say about this ....

The old saying, two wrongs don't make a right, applies to both cases. The Thai guy is right in both the car incident and the machete incident. If it ended there, I wouldn't be surprised if they imprisoned the Aussie and then deported him afterwards. In your example, the British guy would be arrested and charged, as nothing justifies further violence.

The Aussie guy is guilty of multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon (car, knife),  the Thai guy is guilty of assault (sucker punch).

2 minutes ago, elnet1 said:

The old saying, two wrongs don't make a right, applies to both cases. The Thai guy is right in both the car incident and the machete incident. If it ended there, I wouldn't be surprised if they imprisoned the Aussie and then deported him afterwards. In your example, the British guy would be arrested and charged, as nothing justifies further violence.

The Aussie guy is guilty of multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon (car, knife),  the Thai guy is guilty of assault (sucker punch).

i agree with you , the cop behaviour isnt normal thats for sure , especially at this time he probably doesnt even know whats happening. I dont condemn the punch tho , i can understand the guy

I come from an age when the code was, fights were fair. One on one, no weapons. You certainly didn't go after much older and smaller guys.

Yes, the Aussie guy was in the wrong. So was the Thai guy. But at least the Thai could see what was coming, and defend himself.

To me, a coward punch is just that. IMHO people on this forum who approve of them are cowards too.

5 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Yeah and I suppose that if it had been you having your window smashed by a lunatic wielding with a machete while your wife and kid were in the car, you'd be calmly stood at the side of the road consulting the relevant sections of the Criminal Justice Act preparing your case.

It's easy to be rational and cerebral sat in a recliner with a cup of cocoa, mate.

If this were America, the Aussie would be arrested for multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon (car, knife). The Thai would be arrested for assault for the sucker punch. The cop would not try to attempt to decipher the video but would refer it to the court to decide. (Ok, now for the peanut gallery chiming in with, "if America there would have been a gun battle with machine guns and assault weapons, first")

10 minutes ago, elnet1 said:

Allegedly perhaps. Where is the evidence of what the Aussie guy did to deserve this brutal attack?

4 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

I come from an age when the code was, fights were fair. One on one, no weapons. You certainly didn't go after much older and smaller guys.

Yes, the Aussie guy was in the wrong. So was the Thai guy. But at least the Thai could see what was coming, and defend himself.

To me, a coward punch is just that. IMHO people on this forum who approve of them are cowards too.

So, you - being a hard man - would've exited your vehicle. confronted your wild-eyed, machete-wielding bogan of an assailant, invited him to drop his weapon and subsequently floored him with a military jab, would you?

Some people talk so much crap it's unbelievable.

From your response Thai Ron it is easy to see that you do not give a stuff about the law but instead you believe in being a vigilante and you believe in Thai's taking the law into their own hands even when it is Thai's against Thai's with road rage issues. You cannot say it does not happen because there are many recorded incidents of Thai's using weapons against other Thai's in road rage issues.

6 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

It is incidents like this that show how fragile the ego of Thai males can be, and how some expats have gone completely troppo.

The Thai man had every opportunity to take the old Aussie's numberplate and report the incident to the Police later on. This would have been the correct response in the situation, especially if the Aussie could not be properly reasoned with at the scene, or if he did not stop. 

Instead, he cut the old Aussie off and provoked the Aussie to get a weapon from his vehicle, probably because he feared being assaulted by the younger man, thus the Thai man endangered his own wife and child in the process.

The Thai man then had another opportunity to drive off, after the Aussie allegedly assaulted him with the machete. Again, he made the wrong decision by moving towards the Aussie's vehicle in a threatening manner, again, endangering his own wife and child in the process. He was fortunate to get up and walk away after the Aussie's vehicle struck him.

He then follows the old Aussie to the school, for the third and final time continuing to endanger the safety of his wife and daughter.

The Thai man's final mistake was to seriously assault a 72 year old man from behind while screaming "I kill you, I kill you", in front of dozens of children, in a school no less, surrounded by ineffectual and useless Police.

Not the behaviour of a rational, sane and decent person.

Well said

Just now, Thai Ron said:

So, you - being a hard man - would've exited your vehicle. confronted your wild-eyed, machete-wielding bogan of an assailant, invited him to drop his weapon and subsequently floored him with a military jab, would you?

Some people talk so much crap it's unbelievable.

For once, I completely agree - with your last sentence.

Just now, Russell17au said:

From your response Thai Ron it is easy to see that you do not give a stuff about the law but instead you believe in being a vigilante and you believe in Thai's taking the law into their own hands even when it is Thai's against Thai's with road rage issues. You cannot say it does not happen because there are many recorded incidents of Thai's using weapons against other Thai's in road rage issues.

Mate, if it had been the Thai smashing the window of a white Aussie with a machete while his blonde-haired, blue-eyed child and wife were in the car, you'd be singing an entirely different tune.

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

A Brit with a chip on his shoulder. Who would have thought it?

10 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Instead, he cut the old Aussie off and provoked the Aussie to get a weapon from his vehicle, probably because he feared being assaulted by the younger man, thus the Thai man endangered his own wife and child in the process.

provoked the Aussie to get a weapon ??? lol . Please tell me in wich video you see that. Yeah the old guy looks so scared , he just get outof his car while the thai stays in his , and then attack them with a machete..... 

Sorry Thai Ron but I would not be saying anything different to what I am saying now. The police officer did not have the video at the time of one man assaulting another man in his presents and did nothing to stop the person from committing the assault and did not arrest him for assault. That happened in front of the police office. What happened before must be investigated and then charges laid. NOT TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS.

thai police are sooo amazing and gutless--regardless of what happened previously, the thai man should have been arrested immediately..thats why this sort of gutless behaviour happens so often--there is no reprimand or deterrednt at all

Has anyone seen a policeman break up a fight here? On walking street or anywhere else perhaps? Between the incident in the OP and another person's story (police not intervening when females punched another female in the station!) it sounds like police do not intervene.

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Sorry Thai Ron but I would not be saying anything different to what I am saying now. The police officer did not have the video at the time of one man assaulting another man in his presents and did nothing to stop the person from committing the assault and did not arrest him for assault. That happened in front of the police office. What happened before must be investigated and then charges laid. NOT TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS.

Exactly. Thai guy should have kept cool and let the Aussie get arrested.

Just now, bazza73 said:

Cowards also carry knives.

3 minutes ago, elnet1 said:

Exactly. Thai guy should have kept cool and let the Aussie get arrested.

oh yeah everyone should keep his cool after one crazy old man tried to kill you and your wife/baby with a machete and then proceed to lie to the police in front of you.....

Archived