A visit from the BIB

Sitting on my porch this morning and a couple of the local lads in brown ride up to my gate and ask" khun Kevin"?

Yes I say, how can I help you fine lads?

Immigration they say, just want pic on my porch with passport and the junior lad in the pic. No probs says I and they snap away and off they went.

Very polite and personable visit and over in 3 minutes. Never been checked before but all and all a painless process.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They began with home visits by BIB on behalf of Immigration about a year ago – just want proof of the alien staying at the address with a photo showing the alien + house number + passport + one BIB – I had my visit early morning (for me, probably not for the BIBs), so there I was, with only a towel around my waist, politely smartphone-snapped by smiling BIBs; believe they had a good laugh:cheesy:, but hopefully the picture is not shared in too many forums, I had awful wild morning hair and looked like "Animal" (if anyone remembers him)...:crying:

They also seem to do that picture taking stunt on other occasions. Have observed it at my condo several times, two BIB's driving up on their motorbike and taking a picture with the security guard, probably as proof that they have visited our place on their patrol.

Not entirely related but they were stopping and searching cars on top of the mountain road a few days ago therefore advisable to ensure dashcams are up-to-speed; especially if travelling alone...

Edited by evadgib

Hummm.  I doubt they would have volunteered to come through the gate to get to the porch to take a picture.  At best, I'm thinking they would have stayed outside the gate and taken a pic of me and the four dogs.

Edited by connda

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Not entirely related but they were stopping and searching cars on top of the mountain road a few days ago therefore advisable to ensure dashcams are up-to-speed; especially if travelling alone...

Piss tests also...

10 hours ago, serpent32 said:

What does BIB stand for?  I've been hearing all about these immigration home visits but in 4 years of living here I've never had a single immigration home visit.  Probably just because of where I live.  

BIB = Boys In Brown aka Royal Thai Police. 

Seems highly against the probabilities of getting a home visit. Some unlucky few will, but vast majority will not. Kinda like the lottery in reverse! 

10 hours ago, serpent32 said:

What does BIB stand for?  I've been hearing all about these immigration home visits but in 4 years of living here I've never had a single immigration home visit.  Probably just because of where I live.  

Boys in Brown....And it doesn't matter where you live, the "troops" are fed names to check up on by the boss....:stoner:

Just now, blackcab said:

I'm not aware of this happening in Bangkok. I could very well be wrong though.

I think perhaps none of us know what immigration and the BiB are up too behind the scenes wherever you reside...Just keep smiling....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.86b5a3e8d073ee3b3d19a5e6f19c5e74.gif

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yeah, happened to me last week, but they did call to say they were coming first, then called again ( twice ! ) because they couldn’t find the place !!
Ayutthaya province.

So Ayutthaya Immigration, unlike Samui, don't ask for both Google Earth Map with coordinates, and a hand drawn map..?

:smile:

16 hours ago, transam said:

Yet....:stoner:

Well considering that my wife's sister is a section chief for my local immigration office I think I'll be fine.  Although I've never had to call in any favors yet.  Although whenever I show up to report they never even ask to see our paperwork they just print out my next report date and I'm out of there in less than a minute.  Whenever we show up they know who we are and they're just kind of like here you go see you next time.