Two teens arrested with tramadol pills, home-made gun

snoop1130

Two teens arrested with tramadol pills, home-made gun

termadol_12oct17.jpg

Two teenagers were arrested, one with a home-made gun and the other with 3,090 tramadol pills, in possession by police and military officers at a checkpoint in Phra Pradaeng district of Samut Prakan province on Thursday (Oct 12).

The authorities stopped 25 motorcycles, 19 cars and 20 taxis for a search in a crime and drug suppression drive at the checkpoint in Soi Suksawat 39 in Tambon Bang Phueng of Phra Pradaeng district.

Two teenagers were arrested. One was Nirus Srakaew, 19, a motorcyclist, who police found on him a .22mm home-made revolver with six rounds of ammunition.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-teens-arrested-tramadol-pills-home-made-gun/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-12

Tramadol is a powerful painkiller with no mood-altering properties.

It may have value as a controlled drug, thus have a marketable value (no need for prescription if bought from a street dealer) or it may be able to be processed into an opioid with mood-altering properties. Other than that speculation, I don't know what the attraction would be for the lads for trading this drug.

14 hours ago, Briggsy said:

It may have value as a controlled drug, thus have a marketable value (no need for prescription if bought from a street dealer) or it may be able to be processed into an opioid with mood-altering properties. Other than that speculation, I don't know what the attraction would be for the lads for trading this drug.

mix with kratom leaves extract.......

14 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Buy it at nearly every pharmacy in Thailand for about 40 baht a strip so can't be too much value in it. Like a lot of ridiculous Thai laws it's alright to sell but a different matter to possess apparently.  Same as diazepam, xanax and the tonnes of steroids that get sold here.

39 minutes ago, starky said:

Buy it at nearly every pharmacy in Thailand for about 40 baht a strip so can't be too much value in it. Like a lot of ridiculous Thai laws it's alright to sell but a different matter to possess apparently.  Same as diazepam, xanax and the tonnes of steroids that get sold here.

Are you sure you can buy Tramadol without a prescription?

1 hour ago, starky said:

No not the same as the meds.

49 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Not according to my usual chemist.

24 minutes ago, nausea said:

Tramadol is freely available here as a painkiller. Obviously one of the guys has a bit of a back problem. Expect the gun is properly registered, or the paperwork is in the post. Case dismissed.

Tramadol is not freely available, but you may be seeing a chemist with connections.

21 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
50 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Yes. I need it for pain control and buy a box of a thousand from a chemist in Pattaya who will remain anonymous

Oh, InMyShadow, lucky you. I wish I could find your chemist. Ultracet (Paracetimol (aka Acetaminophen) with Tramadol) is the only medication that relieves my hip and sternum pain, but it is a controlled substance now and not just available at 'any' chemist. I normally have to go to my doctor, get a prescription and pay the ridiculous extra cost of getting it from the hospital pharmacy. You can buy a box of one thousand? Please PM with the location, it's ridiculously inconvenient for a medicine with such a low concentration of Tramadol. 

Tramadol is available without a prescription, but there are some controls such as a licensed pharmacist must be on duty in the pharmacy and they are supposed to be registering the details (name & address?) of all purchasers.

Apparently some pharmacies are law abiding and don't sell it without the licensed pharmacist and/or don't want to be hassled with the record keeping.  However, in my experience, most pharmacies I walk into will sell me Tramadol.

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Million per cent. Maybe not a cold walk in off the street but if the pharmacy "knows" you shouldnt be a probpem "taxis" are everywhere in Thailand. Lets be honest here kamagra and viagara are prescription drugs as well but I dont see anyone having any trouble getting them. Lets just say there are some huge grey areas in Thailand, the only thing the really cracked down on was the psuedo which is ridiculous as most pf their ice and yaba is cooked up over the border.

Edited by starky

2 hours ago, starky said:

Million per cent. Maybe not a cold walk in off the street but if the pharmacy "knows" you shouldnt be a probpem "taxis" are everywhere in Thailand. Lets be honest here kamagra and viagara are prescription drugs as well but I dont see anyone having any trouble getting them. Lets just say there are some huge grey areas in Thailand, the only thing the really cracked down on was the psuedo which is ridiculous as most pf their ice and yaba is cooked up over the border.

Okay, I misunderstood you.

Tramadol requires a prescription by law but you are saying the law is widely circumvented or ignored. We were talking at cross purposes.

Got you now.

Tramadol  is indeed an OTC I have been using it for years for a crushed disc in my lower back. Which my local Pharmacy knows full well. I was originally taking it along with diazepam. But when that was removed from the OTC market my pharmacy had to and did stop selling it. Its the largest pharmacy here so I'm absolutely sure Tramadol  is still OTC. Basically because I asked 2 weeks ago. The pharmacy's refusal to sell one and not the other say's loads to me to its honesty. 

Home made Gun with New Laws that Foreigners can't have a Gun but others eg Thai Nationals 

What was the Gun for To insure that they got away or no One would steal there Drugs.

yes change Gun Laws But for everyone except Military and Police these people are only ones that truly require Guns.

Not drug runners 

On 10/12/2017 at 3:48 AM, Briggsy said:

I have heard for years - from credible sources - that you can get high on it. I've never tried it myself, so can't say for sure.

Tramadol is an analgesic medication available by prescription. It is an opiate, just like methadone, codeine, morphine or heroin. As such, it acts on opioid receptors in the brain to relieve pain, but it also increases serotonin levels, which induce sensations of well-being and pleasure.

https://addictionresource.com/drugs/tramadol/high-on-tramadol/

11 hours ago, trihent said:

Tramadol  is indeed an OTC I have been using it for years for a crushed disc in my lower back. Which my local Pharmacy knows full well. I was originally taking it along with diazepam. But when that was removed from the OTC market my pharmacy had to and did stop selling it. Its the largest pharmacy here so I'm absolutely sure Tramadol  is still OTC. Basically because I asked 2 weeks ago. The pharmacy's refusal to sell one and not the other say's loads to me to its honesty. 

It used to be OTC, up until about 2 years ago.  Been using it for years, along with other prescription pain meds given by my doctor at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Some pharmacies are still selling it under the counter.  Getting caught with it without a prescription will cost you, "big time" now.  It's in the same category as Morphine and Oxycontin now.

7 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

In my youth we didn't have pills...

Homemade guns though.

Didn't need pills as opium was legal in Thailand readily available by the ton (on mule trains in Chiang Mai) till the Vietnam war.

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I have heard for years - from credible sources - that you can get high on it. I've never tried it myself, so can't say for sure.

Tramadol is an analgesic medication available by prescription. It is an opiate, just like methadone, codeine, morphine or heroin. As such, it acts on opioid receptors in the brain to relieve pain, but it also increases serotonin levels, which induce sensations of well-being and pleasure.

https://addictionresource.com/drugs/tramadol/high-on-tramadol/

Here is a list of the side-effects. For the vast majority of people taking it, it does not get you remotely high.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-4398-5239/tramadol-oral/tramadol-oral/details#side-effects

They have to put the bit you bolded in but it is not represented except minutely in patient studies.

41 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

For the vast majority of people taking it, it does not get you remotely high.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-4398-5239/tramadol-oral/tramadol-oral/details#side-effects

They have to put the bit you bolded in but it is not represented except minutely in patient studies.

Sorry, but there are plenty of references to it getting people high on medical websites and it is an opioid. Your link does not say anything otherwise.

Getting “high” on tramadol is another way that accidental overdose occurs, particularly since this takes larger amounts of the drug than are normally prescribed. In fact, you’re much more likely to overdose when you chew, crush, snort or inject tramadol pills. Tramadol abuse greatly increases the risk of death and overdose. This medication should only be taken swallowed as a whole pill, and only in the doses recommended by your doctor.

http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/tramadol-overdose-how-much-amount-of-tramadol-to-od/

Edited by Ulysses G.

20 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Sorry, but there are plenty of references to it getting people high on medical websites and it is an opioid. Your link does not say anything otherwise.

Getting “high” on tramadol is another way that accidental overdose occurs, particularly since this takes larger amounts of the drug than are normally prescribed. In fact, you’re much more likely to overdose when you chew, crush, snort or inject tramadol pills. Tramadol abuse greatly increases the risk of death and overdose. This medication should only be taken swallowed as a whole pill, and only in the doses recommended by your doctor.

http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/tramadol-overdose-how-much-amount-of-tramadol-to-od/

You are 100% correct.  I only take half my prescribed dose in the AM.  I do get a slight euphoric reaction for about and hour.  I've had to take narcotic pain meds for about ten years because of a chronic back problem.  my key to success, fortunately, the majority of the time I am able to use these meds conservatively and switch around from other prescribed Narcotics and have not developed tolerance or addiction.  Here and there I have a good day and don't take any meds, with no withdrawal symptoms.  It's vital to "respect" this class of drugs and use them as conservatively as possible.  I went through a period several years ago were pain was very bad in the AM.  I would take 200 mg at one dose in the morning.  I was pain free all day and quite high for several hours.  Now I take 50 mg one time per day in the AM that is managing pain very well.  Again they are Scheduled in the same group of Morphine and other opiate based  Narcotics.