Foreign governments asks their citizens to be respectful while in Thailand

rooster59

Foreign governments asks their citizens to be respectful while in Thailand

Kitti Cheevasittiyanon

BANGKOK, 13th October 2017 (NNT) - Foreign governments have asked their citizens to behave property while in Thailand while the country is preparing for the royal funeral of His Majesty the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej. 

Several governments have issued an advisory to their citizens, who are planning to travel to, or are already in Thailand, to be cautious with their behavior during their stay as the whole nation is still in mourning while preparing for the royal funeral on October 26. 

In their advisories, all have called on their respective citizens to beware of the mourning period that will continue until October 29, saying that and many tourist sites, such as the Emerald Buddha Temple and the Grand Palace will be closed temporarily until October 30. 

Travelers have also been warned that many nighttime entertainment venues may also be closed at this time, although the Thai government has not issued any official order for such an action. Accordingly, tourists may find it inconvenient to go out at night. 

In addition, all visitors have been informed that they will later be able to visit the royal crematorium, which is located at Sanam Luang, as the government will keep the special structure in place for one month after the royal funeral, and tourists are advised to pay a visit to witness the magnificence of the ancient architecture of Thailand that represents the best of Thai craftsmanship, as well as the rare art that originates from behind palace walls.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-10-14

This reminds me of an incident on an Etihad Airways flight in February 2005 when a Colonel Peter Roberts, the defence attache at the British embassy in Thailand was returning to Blighty.

Long story short; he went bonkers and started saying all sorts of defamatory things about Thailand. If you Google his name, read for yourself the awful things he said about Thailand. Pompous git!

By the way, he got let off by the beak when sent for trial because of some bullsh1t stress diagnosis and of course the judiciary and high ranking military are like sh1t that sticks to a blanket.

Had that been you or I though, I can assure you - things would have ended very much differently.

Reason for this post, I don't like being lectured by my supposed peers (i.e. The Foreign & Commonwealth Office), when I would NEVER, EVER consider disrespecting Thailand in such a way.

46 minutes ago, marginline said:

This reminds me of an incident on an Etihad Airways flight in February 2005 when a Colonel Peter Roberts, the defence attache at the British embassy in Thailand was returning to Blighty.

Long story short; he went bonkers and started saying all sorts of defamatory things about Thailand. If you Google his name, read for yourself the awful things he said about Thailand. Pompous git!

As far as I know you can say anything you like about Thailand while on a flight from Abu Dhabi to London. Nobody would care.

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

As far as I know you can say anything you like about Thailand while on a flight from Abu Dhabi to London. Nobody would care.

My apologies to you MaeJoMTB for making an analogous comparison in an attempt to express the hypocrisy of our supposed peers seeming reproach of its citizens by comparing it to an incident in which one of the so-called 'powers that be' displayed incredible insensibility.

I will, therefore, refrain from using metaphors and similes as tools to draw analogies in future, so please; again accept my sincere apologies for any confusion caused krub. Thank you. :wai:

Edited by marginline
Grammar

4 minutes ago, johncat1 said:

Immigration should give every person entering Thailand a leaflet explaining all this. 

If the person doesn't bother to read it and get arrested for improper behaviour  " Som Nam Nah " 

It would have been better to just stop tourism for the month but I guess their greed outweighed their respect.

OK tourists, spend your money as normal but don't have any fun or we'll lock you up.

Amazing Thailand money No. 1

Edited by MaeJoMTB