Hallucinating biker dies in truck crash

webfact

10 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Sorry, but your contention that, in general ya ba does not cause hallucinations appears to be unsupported by any credible evidence. There's is plenty to show that hallucinations are a common bi-product of chronic usage - which, of course, has other devastating and undesirable effects, as I know all too well from personal experience.

According to the US-based Center for Substance Abuse Research, the effects of chronic abuse include:
• Tremors
• Hypertension
• Hallucinations
• Psychotic episodes
• Paranoid delusions
• Violent behavior
• Hyperthermia and convulsions
• Agitation, anxiety, and nervousness
• Mental confusion and memory loss
• Psychosis similar to schizophrenia (characterized by paranoia, picking at the skin, self absorption, and visual and auditory hallucinations).

Looking at this little lot, I can't help feeling your comment "Not saying that ya ba is harmless" is, to say the least, a little disingenuous.

I guess you never used drugs yourself ? Or had friends who used it ? I have quite some in-depth knowledge from friends and own use about drugs.  You should look at the warnings from Aspirine.. quite a  big list. Just that something is mentioned as happening does not mean its a normal for it to happen. 

12 minutes ago, Jonah Tenner said:

I think it depends on several coinciding circumstances, such as heavy use, heavy enough to preclude other activity, preceding an attempt to quit, then staying clean for some time, generally more than a few months. Psychosis then comes along after withdrawal is over.

I do not think you see that kind of heavy use of weed in The Netherlands because it is more available, and you do not have the scandinavian attitude to drugs. (Use it all before it goes bad.)

I will not claim that my experiences are generally valid all over the world, but it is more my empirical experiences..

If your Scandinavian its quite normal to commit suicide in the dark months. No need to blame a relatively harmless drug for it. It could be a factor but it happens a lot without drugs too.

In the Netherlands we have quite some experience with drugs. I personally have and with other drugs too mainly Xtc some mushrooms, weed. Not sure what qualifies as heavy use but even when I took lots of Xtc (was a period i used it a lot) I had none of those symptoms. 

I personally feel that most of the people who are against drugs have almost no personal experience with them otherwise they would know more about their effects and how bad they are for you.  They often have experience with the hard drug alcohol though.. but they don't really see it as drug use. Alcohol has far more bad effects as the weed but still ooohhhhh weed scary. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I guess you never used drugs yourself ? Or had friends who used it ? I have quite some in-depth knowledge from friends and own use about drugs.  You should look at the warnings from Aspirine.. quite a  big list. Just that something is mentioned as happening does not mean its a normal for it to happen. 

I did mention that I had "personal experience" of ya ba - not as a user, as it happens, but involving a relative and close friend who both suffered, one as a user and the other as the abused wife of a user. Interesting though one's anecodotal evidence may be, an overall view, based on evidence from reputable sources, is needed to appreciate the extent of the ya ba problem. 

I would urge you to download the pdf of the research from the research unit I quoted:

www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/drugs/yaba.pdf

Your attempt to conflate their objective view of the consequences of chronic ya ba use with the warnings from manufacturers of aspirin would be funny if it weren't for the fact that you clearly expect people reading what you wrote to take the comparison seriously.

Just now, Krataiboy said:

I did mention that I had "personal experience" of ya ba - not as a user, as it happens, but involving a relative and close friend who both suffered, one as a user and the other as the abused wife of a user. Interesting though one's anecodotal evidence may be, an overall view, based on evidence from reputable sources, is needed to appreciate the extent of the ya ba problem. 

I would urge you to download the pdf of the research from the research unit I quoted:

www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/drugs/yaba.pdf

Your attempt to conflate their objective view of the consequences of chronic ya ba use with the warnings from manufacturers of aspirin would be funny if it weren't for the fact that you clearly expect people reading what you wrote to take the comparison seriously.

No you still don't get it.. and you have no own experience like most people who are anti drugs. 

My comparison was that if you look at the list of side effects from aspirin  and if you look at the list you just posted. Both show all possible things that could happen  but it does not state the symptoms are normal. (reason i used aspirin was not to put it on the same level as Yabaa as that is crazy but to give an example of how many side effects it can have but in reality most don't happen and you would certainly have used aspirin in your life and you would know that)

My views are not anecdotal, i have known quite a number of people who used yabaa and I can assure you that hallucinations are NOT a normal thing. Now if you want to keep on pushing book wisdom that is ok with me.  I prefer to keep things practical and based on facts. 

I don't see heavy use of Yabaa as a good thing at all, but i prefer to keep things factual and hallucinations are NOT a normal side effect.

If you could think for yourself, and use your brain instead of quoting what you read you would understand that too. The amount of yabaa used here is huge, and IF all these side effects were true the newspapers would be full of it.  Do you see streets full of addicts ? People walking around hallucinating all the time.. I think you know the answer to that. 

23 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Is all the preceding indepth analysis of why all that important, when the problem is simply bring a drug user and killing yourself. 

Yes using drugs is not a smart thing when operating a vehicle, its utterly stupid. I don't mind if drug users (alcohol included) kill themselves with their cars / bikes and whatever. Too bad that many times they take out others, I don't have a problem with people taking drugs. But the moment they use them and use a vehicule. I got a big problem with them. Those are the people who should go to jail for a long time. 

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Probably still be alive if he didn't hit the back of a ten wheeled truck... sod all to do with yaba !!

Correct, nothing to do with being drugged to the eyeballs, now was it? 

No, Robblock, YOU don't get it.

Anecdotal evidence, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony. ... Accurate determination of whether an anecdote is "typical" requires statistical evidence. - Wikipedia.

Do you seriously content that I should take your word and that of your drug-user acquaintances, rather than heed the consensus of a huge body of scientific research - much of it from people who devote their lives to helping ya ba addicts?

Were I to do so, far from "using my brain" as you would like me to do, I would simply be demonstrating the pointlessness of the Creator giving me one in the first place.

Edited by Krataiboy

On 10/16/2017 at 3:41 AM, Krataiboy said:

Sorry, but your contention that, in general ya ba does not cause hallucinations appears to be unsupported by any credible evidence. There's is plenty to show that hallucinations are a common bi-product of chronic usage - which, of course, has other devastating and undesirable effects, as I know all too well from personal experience.

According to the US-based Center for Substance Abuse Research, the effects of chronic abuse include:
• Tremors
• Hypertension
• Hallucinations
• Psychotic episodes
• Paranoid delusions
• Violent behavior
• Hyperthermia and convulsions
• Agitation, anxiety, and nervousness
• Mental confusion and memory loss
• Psychosis similar to schizophrenia (characterized by paranoia, picking at the skin, self absorption, and visual and auditory hallucinations).

Looking at this little lot, I can't help feeling your comment "Not saying that ya ba is harmless" is, to say the least, a little disingenuous.

Chronic users suffer from chronic sleep deprivation, hence many of these symptoms, including hallucinations. Addicts stay up for days at a time. The drug itself does not cause normal people to see things that are not there. :wink:

On 16-10-2017 at 8:51 PM, Krataiboy said:

No, Robblock, YOU don't get it.

Anecdotal evidence, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony. ... Accurate determination of whether an anecdote is "typical" requires statistical evidence. - Wikipedia.

Do you seriously content that I should take your word and that of your drug-user acquaintances, rather than heed the consensus of a huge body of scientific research - much of it from people who devote their lives to helping ya ba addicts?

Were I to do so, far from "using my brain" as you would like me to do, I would simply be demonstrating the pointlessness of the Creator giving me one in the first place.

Yes mate your one of those book learners (i am too) but things are different in real life. Just like Ulysses G. Says this drug does not cause hallucinations normally. Its the sleep deprivation of chronic use that causes it.  You seem to forget that these drug organisations only exist to combat drugs.. so their views would be bias would they not. (no drugs to combat no funding ect).

Just ask the people you know (you said you do) if normal use causes hallucinations or not. Ask real people instead of people with vested interests. 

I don't say that hallucinations never happen, but they are not caused by the drug.. but by the sleep deprivation and usually don't happen in normal users. Chronic users perhaps.. Just look at the site you pointed out what chronic alcohol users get. They are posting worst case scenario's there and put everything up while many people who use alcohol don't ever get those symptoms. Maybe you understand it now.. they are quoting possible side effects without quantifying how often it happens. 

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

People with mental problems.

Its never smart to use drugs if you have underlying mental problems. Actually drugs are NEVER good for us but neither are they as bad (moderate use) as they are portrayed. Countless people moderately use alcohol without many problems while its classed as a hard drug just like yabaa. 

Its mushy season. Maybe hes picked up the wrong bunch? All the criminal idiots that all take yaba around here are all out stealing mushys to sell to support their habits at the moment. Not just mushys but logging, wasp nest taking, bamboo, frogs, etc.. 

As a former drug user and with a little knowledge. Hallucinations arent caused by yaba itself but possibly due to other effects. Lack of sleep will cause hallucinations but in a state where such isnt really vivid. Paranoid behavior doesnt equal hallucinations either. More of a see what a paranoid mind wants to see which is a symptom of amphetamine type drugs.

In thailand though... my neighbours swear they see ghosts. And dont take drugs at all. The kid probably has mental issues to begin with.

On 18.10.2017 at 4:32 AM, robblok said:

Its never smart to use drugs if you have underlying mental problems. Actually drugs are NEVER good for us but neither are they as bad (moderate use) as they are portrayed. Countless people moderately use alcohol without many problems while its classed as a hard drug just like yabaa. 

Causes of drug abuse have been found to be closely related to childhood trauma...