Thousand of tourists complaining but Thais doing a great job, say Thai Rath

webfact

The Thai police are the one problem with visiting Thailand that cannot be overlooked. There are some honest hardworking police officers but there are far too many that are corrupt and looking to take advantage of people, both Thai and foreigners, although foreigners are the bigger target. Visitors are often better off dealing with the non uniformed criminals than those in uniform.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 11:32 AM, MadMuhammad said:

lodge a complaint about the Chinese rudeness and disrespect on display most of the time they’re in the country.

i live on the fringe of a very well known tourist area and in the course of normal people watching my friends and i have profiled the chinese tourists and we avoid them at any opportunity, they come in our restaurants/beer-sipping places and we leave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, worgeordie said:

"Thousand of tourists complaining but Thais doing a great job," say Thai Rath

That headline does not make sense,if they had been doing a good job ,they would

not get so many complaints,the seem to be putting the blame on Chinese tour operators,

regards Worgeordie

The headline refers to "tourists", but the article refers only to Chinese. In truth, ALL tourists can be vulnerable to Thai criminals, such as the jet ski scammers, the m'bike rental scammers, the jewel scammers, the "dropping a cigarette" scammers ( and the soon to be "smoking on the beach" scammers ) and the list goes on and on.

Yet only zero tour Chinese are apparently of concern.

Outside a certain shopping mall in Chiang Mai a scam happens every day with the red songtheaws that demand an extortionate amount for a ride, simply because there is no alternative public transport. 100 minimum per person for a trip back to town ( and not moving till a full load of unfortunates ), while Grab charges 80 baht for the trip, for everyone in the car total. No wonder they hate Grab and Uber.

BTW, in Pattaya baht buses on the Nth Rd run will wait till they have a full load, but they only charge 10 baht each.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, burgdawg said:

...the Chinese influx of tourists will sooner or later---be driving many falangs to rural moobahns, or straight back to their falang countries. The public spitting alone is very disgusting. Adios Thailand.

I don't know what this anti Chinese tirade is about. There are many Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai, but I don't see them behaving as complained about. Plus many of the wimmin are DDG.

Even the Chinese crocodiles on Pattaya Walking Street are noticeably a spit free tour group.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/10/2017 at 10:37 AM, ezzra said:

In the defense of the police and law enforcement agencies can be said

that they have tried to tackle  and arrest the problems but the Thai

justice system and the courts saw no faults with the way the zero

dollar tour people

have been conducting their business and thus the police are now

powerless to do anything about these complaints....

Haha the corrupt courts and Prayut strict non reform policies 

Thai always doing a good job. Tourists always complaining.

Thai happy happy.

Tourists lose and spend money. 

Thai take take money.

Tourists sombre face&unhappy losing $$££€€¥¥₩.

Thai smile smile taking "Bloody" tourist's  $£€¥₩??=headline

• Like 1

These types of tours go on everywhere, The parents when on a coach tour of Ireland, with the intention of skipping two days of the tour,to visit my fathers family in county Clare where the tour was to spend two nights at a hotel on the Galway bay, The first day to the cliffs and the second day a few places round the area. The first sign of a problem was in Limerick when the coach stopped at a gift shop come restaurant, and my mother decided that the shop opposite looked more appealing, The tour guide physically grabbed them in the middle of the road and tried to drag them back to their shop. The following day when they said they would be on the coach and would join them they following day at their next location, nearly had them calling the police. I drove coach tours for many years and some tour operators told us to only go to certain locations even if it meant the passengers having to stay on the coach longer and the tour stops refreshments  etc., where later than usual. We herded them around, got them up at seriously early times, departed at 6 am etc. and when in Pattaya I see the Chinese marched down walking street, with their flag bearer. Only to see the escapees a couple of hours later coming back!

On 16/10/2017 at 10:37 AM, ezzra said:

n the defense of the police and law enforcement agencies

I was in a Pattaya bar last night.  Two young police rolled up on a big bike.  They went to the manager female and collected their monthly fee to allow the bar to play music.  I was told this is a regular monthly payment.

On 16/10/2017 at 2:00 PM, Juan B Tong said:

Chinese complaining?  OK, what's the bad news?

Thailand is not alone in this type of tourism.   In Bali, Indonesia, tour drivers stop at all types of shops selling paintings, carvings, souvenirs.

It's not obvious at the time, but the bus drivers get a good percentage of the sale as commission.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, phetpeter said:

These types of tours go on everywhere, The parents when on a coach tour of Ireland, with the intention of skipping two days of the tour,to visit my fathers family in county Clare where the tour was to spend two nights at a hotel on the Galway bay, The first day to the cliffs and the second day a few places round the area. The first sign of a problem was in Limerick when the coach stopped at a gift shop come restaurant, and my mother decided that the shop opposite looked more appealing, The tour guide physically grabbed them in the middle of the road and tried to drag them back to their shop. The following day when they said they would be on the coach and would join them they following day at their next location, nearly had them calling the police. I drove coach tours for many years and some tour operators told us to only go to certain locations even if it meant the passengers having to stay on the coach longer and the tour stops refreshments  etc., where later than usual. We herded them around, got them up at seriously early times, departed at 6 am etc. and when in Pattaya I see the Chinese marched down walking street, with their flag bearer. Only to see the escapees a couple of hours later coming back!

I did a day tour to the Great pyramids in Cairo, and we had some free time in the evening to walk around, but we had to be back on the coach at a certain time. Once we were all on the bus, it drove about 100 feet and stopped outside a souvenir shop were we were all herded in to be given a short speech by the shop owner and then expected to buy something. I did not.

On 16/10/2017 at 8:04 PM, SpicyMeatball said:

I take it you haven't been around too many Chinese?

Yes, they shuffle their feet (drag their feet like limp <deleted>).

{snipped}

We should start poaching their panda bears! See how they like that!

Japanese are the big consumers of shark fin soup last I heard but I'm sure the Chinese are right in there too. It's all disgusting & inhumane.

I'm sure panda meat would be better roast than poached.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 10:40 AM, worgeordie said:

not get so many complaints,the seem to be putting the blame on Chinese tour operators,

regards Worgeordie

Isn't that the right place then?

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2017 at 11:40 PM, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

the headline should be " thousands of chinese tourists"...than it would all be clear...and if it would be "chinese zero dollar tourists" , it would be even more clear. cause their complains are worth exactly what they paid for their trips to thailand - zero dollar !!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

"Much of the article focused on the problem of "zero dollar" tours that offer below cost price tours to Thailand then fleece tourists once they are here by diverting them to certain businesses operating outside the reach of the revenue department."

Outside the reach of the revenue dept? They would be the cash cows of the untouchable well connected lot. RTP, Army, HiSo etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...