Copy of TM30 required for 90 Day reporting ?

davehowden

I have completed 90 Day reports at CM Immigration and did not need an actual TM-30.  Management at my apartment building reports online to immigration as to all foreigners who are renting.  When I first moved in management wanted copies of passport, visa, entry stamp and arrival card.  

59 minutes ago, davehowden said:

I have it in my passport, just wondered if they needed a photocopy.[

Why don't you just make a copy of it when you copy the othere stuff needed, then you are covered?  50 stang for the copy, cheaper than dust

You know there is no difinitive answer, right? 

5 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I have completed 90 Day reports at CM Immigration and did not need an actual TM-30.  Management at my apartment building reports online to immigration as to all foreigners who are renting.  When I first moved in management wanted copies of passport, visa, entry stamp and arrival card.  

Ditto.... there yesterday to do mine. It's stapled in my passport but they don't look.

9 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

So what you're saying sqwakvfr is that your apartment building actually did your TM30 for you so you were fine. 

To op- yes, you need a TM30 registered - people above have no idea what they are talking about. I've been sent away from Promenada trying to do a 90 day report before without a TM30 on file.

Irrespective of whether the copy is in your passport or not, it needs to be in their system - ie they can confirm it via computer. Has been the case now for roughly 1 year. 

11 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Irrespective of whether the copy is in your passport or not, it needs to be in their system - ie they can confirm it via computer. Has been the case now for roughly 1 year. 

bang on Lord,  it is simple as that,   did my  90  day report y/day   through a Visa Agent,   whilst signing the forms   she asked me if i have  changed my address from my current TM30  one , i said no , the same,   she replied very good ,no probs at all come back in 30 mins, to pick up your  passport, therefore i am in their system,  since i paid the TM30 fine    around Jan this year , been in out  of the country twice plus two 90 day reports since then, and its been a breeze  the ones that have the problems with the Immgr Dept  ,generally are the problems themselves    have your house in order   and they are very easy to deal with,   thats from  my experiences anyway , to the O/P  your main  problem    is how big  the line is going to be  to get your 90 day report done, y/day was chockers , best of luck on that   nice morning to all:smile:

been in out  of the country twice

So you subsequently went to Immigration twice to have your TM30 annotated with another red meatball -- or not? This reportedly is the requirement, at least in CM, and I now have two red meatballs on my original TM30 receipt. But I wonder if the only thing that has changed, namely the TM6 arrival card number, would ever be detected, when or if they ever look at your TM30 record in their computer...... ?I suspect not, as probably the only thing they look for is that your 90 day report address is the same as that in your TM30 file. Thus, I'm probably wasting my time adding new red meatballs after I travel abroad.

20 minutes ago, JimGant said:

So you subsequently went to Immigration twice to have your TM30 annotated with another red meatball -- or not? This reportedly is the requirement, at least in CM, and I now have two red meatballs on my original TM30 receipt. But I wonder if the only thing that has changed, namely the TM6 arrival card number, would ever be detected, when or if they ever look at your TM30 record in their computer...... ?I suspect not, as probably the only thing they look for is that your 90 day report address is the same as that in your TM30 file. Thus, I'm probably wasting my time adding new red meatballs after I travel abroad.

Maybe, maybe not.  They also write in the date of your entry into the country near the "red meatball."  One doesn't always get the circular red stamp (when I re-entered a few weeks ago, all I got was a blue date stamp on the TM30 Receipt of Notification).  

13 hours ago, lordblackader said:

So what you're saying sqwakvfr is that your apartment building actually did your TM30 for you so you were fine. 

To op- yes, you need a TM30 registered - people above have no idea what they are talking about. I've been sent away from Promenada trying to do a 90 day report before without a TM30 on file.

As always with Thaialnd ...it depends on your local office or the I/O you see on the day. I have NEVER had to produce one in Udon Thani. Last year when I did a trip " home" to australia and returned this was a  hot topic ..so I and the GF went to local office to report my RETURN from Australia. Told ....dont need as address same as on computer( from 90 day reports , from extensions to permission  to stay based on retirement , from arrivals card at swampy innigration) as it had been for 3 years.

disclaimer .......your experience may differ

Lordblackader  "So what you're saying sqwakvfr is that your apartment building actually did your TM30 for you so you were fine".  Yes.  This is what the management said.  So far no problems but the test will be when I apply for the extension of my Non-Imm O-A.  

35 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Lordblackader  "So what you're saying sqwakvfr is that your apartment building actually did your TM30 for you so you were fine".  Yes.  This is what the management said.  So far no problems but the test will be when I apply for the extension of my Non-Imm O-A.  

Our condo building inputs TM30s also, but they always give us a "print screen" of their input.  They don't actually receive a receipt along the lines of what you receive when you submit a TM30 at Prom, but the document given to us by the condo "proves" they input the info into the Imm. system.

They also write in the date of your entry into the country near the "red meatball."

Yeah, I see that now. The other date on the receipt, for the first meatball, is the date I filed the TM30, not the date I arrived in country, although that information, plus TM6 number, is included on the original TM30 filing. So, most likely, my second meatball information, i.e., a new TM6 number and a new arrival date are entered into my TM30 computer file.

That evensteven's agent wanted to know if his TM30 address information had changed tells me Immigration is looking to find TM30 violators. And why not -- with this cash cow, Immigration police can now throw bigger parties than those from the traffic cops and their monthly roadblocks.

Evenstevens hasn't reported back on whether or not he applied for new meatballs when he left the country twice. I suspect not -- but I also suspect they're not checking that your TM30 arrival date on file is out of kilter with your new 90-day reporting schedule. And probably makes sense, since you're not required to file a new TM30, but just present your old receipt with your new TM6 data. Thus, (probably) not a fineable offense, so no 1600 baht extortion allowed.  Curious, tho', what evensteven's agent advised about this....

On a related question, do u need to send original passport etc for postal 90 day reporting?
If so how confident and content are u in doing this with this post ? I hate going in person and online never works but if I have to send original stuff then I be very wary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, CMBob said:

They also write in the date of your entry into the country near the "red meatball."  One doesn't always get the circular red stamp .  

excactly what happen to me  as a D.I.Y,   and they update   accordingly  in  the system    on their computer   (and Bob ,s  your uncle excuse the pun)

as Lordblackadder correctly posted   once  in the system   no need for a copy of TM30  etc etc    and the red meatball  crap , poor lost soul

at the risk of   of repeating myself    from my experiences   since receiving my TM30 and being  placed  in the System    its been  very nice sailing

its a  nice  afternoon to all

1 hour ago, Alantct said:

On a related question, do u need to send original passport etc for postal 90 day reporting?
If so how confident and content are u in doing this with this post ? I hate going in person and online never works but if I have to send original stuff then I be very wary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://sites.google.com/site/ccccrecent/home/immigration-online-reporting-help

excactly what happen to me  as a D.I.Y,   and they update   accordingly  in  the system

Hard to understand your riddle speak, but does this mean you updated your TM30 receipt after you returned from you two off shore visits?

10 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Hard to understand your riddle speak, but does this mean you updated your TM30 receipt after you returned from you two off shore visits?

What he is trying to say is that when he returned to Thailand from abroad on two occasions immigration endorsed his original receipt of notification of his TM30 each time.Officially  should be within 24 hours of return.

No need to file a new TM30 unless there is a change of address. 

What he is trying to say is that when he returned to Thailand from abroad on two occasions immigration endorsed his original receipt of notification of his TM30 each time.Officially  should be within 24 hours of return. No need to file a new TM30 unless there is a change of address

Thank you. I know what the reported procedure is -- including you have 7 days, not 24 hours, to report your return from abroad if no change of address. That he did this "DIY", as he's the agent proponent here (which I agree with), is the curious part. Question: Can you use an agent for TM30 reporting, and/or TM30 receipt endorsements for out of country sojourns? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get anymore TM30 receipt endorsements (red meatballs, in my experience) for future travel abroad.

7 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Thank you. I know what the reported procedure is -- including you have 7 days, not 24 hours, to report your return from abroad if no change of address. That he did this "DIY", as he's the agent proponent here (which I agree with), is the curious part. Question: Can you use an agent for TM30 reporting, and/or TM30 receipt endorsements for out of country sojourns? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get anymore TM30 receipt endorsements (red meatballs, in my experience) for future travel abroad.

Yes, I also find it curious that he was able to do it himself.

27 minutes ago, JimGant said:

. That he did this "DIY", as he's the agent proponent here (which I agree with), is the curious part.

18 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Yes, I also find it curious that he was able to do it himself.

presently   , i leave it to the day    when  i have to deal with the Immgr  Dept    if  they are overloaded or under the pump (so to speak)    such as yesterday i engaged   the  visa agent close by     to do my 90 day report,   if the day  looks relative quite    at the Immgr Dept  particular  my  visa service which i am there for      i become a D .I  Y.   summing up    nice to have two options available:smile:

48 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

presently   , i leave it to the day    when  i have to deal with the Immgr  Dept    if  they are overloaded or under the pump (so to speak)    such as yesterday i engaged   the  visa agent close by     to do my 90 day report,   if the day  looks relative quite    at the Immgr Dept  particular  my  visa service which i am there for      i become a D .I  Y.   summing up    nice to have two options available:smile:

There are 4 options, but who's counting.

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

What he is trying to say is that when he returned to Thailand from abroad on two occasions immigration endorsed his original receipt of notification of his TM30 each time.Officially  should be within 24 hours of return.

No need to file a new TM30 unless there is a change of address. 

You do such a nice job writing for him, it is comprehensible.  Why don't you write for him all the time?

22 hours ago, lordblackader said:

I took my tm30, they didn't want it.

Had I not taken it, sure as eggs they would have wanted it.

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

How can anyone on here use an agent to report tm30 when it's the responsibility of the building/ house owner, unless they are a condo owner?

I did mine for my wife as she was working, but she filled in the form and I just gave it to them to note and give me a receipt.

Archived