Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg To Visit PM Prayuth Later This Month

webfact

Facebook Founder To Visit Prayuth Later This Month

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

hed2-696x348.jpg  

Mark Zuckerberg and Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha’s Facebook profile photos.

BANGKOK — Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will be coming to Thailand later this month to meet Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, the deputy prime minister said.

At a Monday press conference, Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak said Zuckerberg would arrive Oct. 30 in Bangkok to meet Prayuth for talks about e-commerce.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/10/17/facebook-founder-visit-prayuth-later-month/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-10-17

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

".....to meet Prayuth for talks about e-commerce"

......and censorship issues to ensure the continuity of the high moral standards of the country. Such as banning Facebook photos of Thai twerking dancers and the like.

4 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

......and censorship issues to ensure the continuity of the high moral standards of the country. Such as banning Facebook photos of Thai twerking dancers and the like.

Best me to it.

More like a meeting on the benefits of social media to keep an eye on everyone.

And to try and find the location of Yingluck from her Facebook  activity.

15 minutes ago, quandow said:

We already are. Governments are merely fronts for corporations any more.

That's exactly what people ( mainly old ones) said about a half a dozen or more corporations just 15-20 years ago and most are gone or invisible now. 

Relax you will survive ( hopefully)

31 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

And may the share price go up after his visit.... yes please. As a shareholder of this stock I thank the general thai population for their FB addiction / loyalty. 

Judging by the cranky comments in this thread, a lot of old dears among the farang fraternity are having difficulty coping with the modern world as well as with the government and pine for the old days when things were simpler before the computer thingee and the Internet whatchamacallit.

There may be help available:

how-not-to-become-a-crotchety-old-man.jpg.d1cac21f62bb8bedd4fd7dd427a59740.jpg

13 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

That's exactly what people ( mainly old ones) said about a half a dozen or more corporations just 15-20 years ago and most are gone or invisible now. 

When the Stockton-Darlington Railway opened in 1825, people feared the worst: the human body, surely, wasn't made to travel at incredible speeds of 30 miles per hour. People genuinely believed that going that quickly would kill you in gruesome ways, such as your body melting.

The telephone wasn't greeted with universal enthusiasm. Some elderly people feared that touching it would give them electric shocks, while men worried that their wives would waste too much time gossiping. In Sweden, preachers said the phone was the instrument of the Devil and phone lines were stolen or sabotaged; others feared that the lines were conduits for evil spirits. The invention of telesales would prove them right.

http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/12-technologies-that-scared-the-world-senseless-1249053

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

I hope they have plans to bring Zucker to a meeting point with no hanging Spaghetti cables around to avoid a debacle like after the visit of Bill Gates. 

I understand Bill Gates has given him (Zuckerberg) a box to present to the General, containing a set of side cutting pliers and several large rolls of insulating tape. The box has the logo: 4.0

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to meet Prayuth in Thailand

By Coconuts Bangkok 

fb.jpg

A Facebook photo of Mark Zuckerberg.

Mark Zuckerberg, CEO and co-founder of Facebook, will visit Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha in Thailand later this month.

Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak said today that the Facebook chief will meet with the junta chief on Oct. 30 to discuss plans to expand Facebook in Southeast Asia.

Somkid added that the meeting will be good for the image of Thailand since Facebook is a data center that connects people worldwide, Prachachart reported.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-meet-prayuth-thailand/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-10-17

I would love to speak my mind over this issue “ But Big Brother is Watching “ so l will keep my thoughts to myself [emoji20]
Big brother already came and visited TV, saw the bitterness and chaotic infighting and walked away shaking head and mumbling Falangs all clazy, leave them to it! [emoji1]

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

That's exactly what the Germans said in the late 1930's.

The result will be 'The founder of FaceBook understands Thailand's position.' On an even more cynical, although I have no objections or class issues to 'ordinary' people meeting the PM or leaders of any country, I do just wonder why the PM wants to give Mark Zuckerberg an audience. Hmmm.....

3 hours ago, DM07 said:

I hope Zuckerberg tells Prayut to shove his facebook- plans, where the sun don't shine!

But with the sleazebag Zuckerberg is, I highly doubt it!

Yes a couple of billionaire control freaks, putting their heads together over our welfare!

Can that be a good thing? If you don't laugh you cry. Lets see what comes out of it and what sort of shit we have to go through.