British man and Thai wife arrested on child sex abuse charges as they tried to board flight to Thailand

webfact

I assume your ridiculous post will be pulled by admin.  It is an easy call to just call paedophiles sickos and say they should be locked up.  Anyone with half a brain realises that this scum will carry on committing their activities while there is a supply of victims.  When dealing with child sex tourism (which relates to what we are referring to) you have to address the supply.  The pimps and sometimes family members that sell these children are just as guilty as the paedophiles themselves.  If you cut off the source then that is how you deal with the problem.  There will always be plenty of perverts out there looking for sex with children and they will continue as long as there are  suppliers.  Having a police force that cannot be bought for the price of a three course dinner would also be a proper deterrent.

Apologies if my post touched a nerve. Yes Paedophiles are most definitely sick people however they come by their victims.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Apologies if my post touched a nerve. Yes they are most definitely sick people however they come by their victims.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I lived in SE Asia for about twenty years and travelled extensively in the region on business.  I was constantly asked (usually by taxi  or tuk tuk drivers) if I wanted a woman for the night.  Then a man and then a boy or a girl. If all that failed then a selection of local drugs etc.  The assumption was always that as a westerner I would definitely want something from the things offered.  In China I was regularly asked if I wanted a girl sent to my hotel room and that was from people I was doing business with.

Touch a nerve? No not a nerve but I find it very irritating when people make assumptions (just like those taxi drivers).

Edited by dunroaming

On 10/20/2017 at 8:37 AM, Happy enough said:

the investigation had literally only just began apparently and it seems the police just got lucky the first kid reported it just in time. that's if any of the allegations are true of course

And whether they are true of course, is always the issue. Yet the law thinks it quite alright to name an accused, still to have the allegations proven. The British police recently spent a massive amount on an investigation that was never going to go anywhere, and in which the allegations could never be defended - the accused has been long dead.