I'm Hunting For Some Cheap Tickets To Brazil

tropo

I'm planning to travel to Brazil with my girl sometime around June. It's a complicated route with options via the US or Europe, and all seem to require two different airlines.

I haven't seen much on the Internet (tickets available in Thailand). I'm looking for tickets valid for one year.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best travel agent to see here in Pattaya, or possibly even a recommendation for the cheapest option to Brazil?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. So far I've found these:

Swiss Air (via Zurich), return: 56,000...3 months

73,000...6 months

83,000...1 year

and

Varig Brazillian Airlines via Europe: 64,000...6 months.

I looks like a 1 year ticket is going to cost a lot more.

Edited by tropo

check in bangkok:

vege on Banglampoo 26294881

travell2000 on ploenchit 26522569

safeflights on soi Ladprao 64 - 29327112

express on convent rd, silom 22350411

majestic 26522000

British Airways flies with a stopover in London - officially published fare for 6 months is 88k on 22.01. Agents should have it cheaper.

Edited by londonthai

Tropo,

try All seasons Travel, small shop almost opposite Friendship supermarket on South Pattaya Road.

Very reasonable prices, and they are pretty adept in ferreting out alternative carriers/routes which might save you a bunch...

Cheers,

monty

check in bangkok:

vege on Banglampoo 26294881

travell2000 on ploenchit 26522569

safeflights on soi Ladprao 64 - 29327112

express on convent rd, silom 22350411

majestic 26522000

British Airways flies with a stopover in London - officially published fare for 6 months is 88k on 22.01. Agents should have it cheaper.

Thanks for these contact numbers Londonthai. I'll run through them and see what they can come up with.

Tropo,

try All seasons Travel, small shop almost opposite Friendship supermarket on South Pattaya Road.

Very reasonable prices, and they are pretty adept in ferreting out alternative carriers/routes which might save you a bunch...

Cheers,

monty

Thanks Monty, I'll pop in there one day soon. The other guys I approached in Pattaya went kinda vague when I asked about Brazil. I don't figure it's a common flight booking from here.

Howzat Tropo, Air France.

RechercherVpAction.do.htm

Check site at Airfrance.co.th

Naka.

Thanks for the info.

I'm having trouble accessing the Air France booking site, but I'm sure those prices are only "outbound" to France. I'll still need to pay for the "inbound" jouney from France to Rio. I tried an online booking with British Airways and got about the same prices. The total return trip with taxes is 100,700 baht....yikes!... and that was the cheapest. I'm paying for 2, so would cost me about $5,600.

Try Massic Travel 2nd Road near the Grand Sole Hotel Tel (038) 426240...I`ve always found them to be very fair and friendly. :o

Thanks Pattaya Fox....I'll pop by there and put them to work and see what they can come up with.

Try Massic Travel 2nd Road near the Grand Sole Hotel Tel (038) 426240...I`ve always found them to be very fair and friendly. :o

Thanks Pattaya Fox....I'll pop by there and put them to work and see what they can come up with.

I was working between Vietnam and Brazil most of 2006 and there are no decent shortcuts. My only advice would be to avoid Varig (Brazil flag carrier) as they are lurching between bankruptcy and the occasional bailout from the Brazil government (face-saving like Alitalia). Their flights are liable to cancellation at short notice and it's not unknown for their planes to be impounded overseas by the leasing companies. Also, domestic air travel in Brazil is (more) chaotic having been hit by Varig's woes and a go-slow by the air traffic controllers (Brazil air force) which is linked with the investigation over the collision late last year between a domestic 737 and a private jet.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I visited both All Seasons Travel and Massic Travel this afternoon.

All Seasons Travel have come through with the best price so far at 57K (including taxes) for a 9 month ticket round trip with South African Airlines. I'm really happy with this price and I'll be booking that shortly if no one can better it by next week.

NanLaew, who did you fly with last year? How much were you paying?

All Seasons Travel have come through with the best price so far at 57K (including taxes) for a 9 month ticket round trip with South African Airlines. I'm really happy with this price and I'll be booking that shortly if no one can better it by next week.

What route do they fly there exactly?

What route do they fly there exactly?

I haven't spoken with the sales lady since she emailed me the price, but I believe it's BKK - HK - Johannesburg - Sao Paulo.

The SA flight leaves from Hong Kong. I was really surprised to get a long validity ticket so cheap.

I agree the price is remarkable, but the flight certainly sounds grueling. Having to go to Hong Kong just to get started isn't a feature either. I guess there is no easy way, even for expensive tickets.

I'm paying for 2, so it makes a big difference for me.

I'm not concerned about going to Hong Kong as I've not been there before, so I'll probably spend a few nights there.

You can get flights via Spain and other hubs in Europe for around 70K round trip I was told...which fly straight from BKK.

sorry fr late response tropo, been 'unwinding' here. i flew Continental down from Houston as well as Delta from Atlanta (not recommended). did that as i have office in Houston. i get seaman's discounted fares so anything between $600 and $800 o/w but there was published r/t fares around $1100. i think the SA airlines deal would be best as long as its ALL SA flights and not a codeshare with Varigs dodgy service.