Treads for stairs

Destiny1990

Hi i'am looking for treads that can go on my stairs so it becomes less slippery and less quickly shows footprints.

i went to home pro and apparently they only had some sticky tape which i do not like. In my country u can but carpet pieces especially for u stairs already cut out and the can be clued on u stairs. and or alluminium pieces that u can screw in the wood stairs where could i buy these stairs protectors? Either carpet or alluminium pieces. Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I wonder if it's possible to buy a small threshold that could be screwed or glued on the front edge of each tread.

Yes that's what i am looking for also it can be aluminium or stainless for anti sliding and less footprints coming up on the stairs.like a stair cover on the spot only where u place ur feet.

Edited by Destiny1990

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I seen them in abroad called stair nosing often from aluminium or stainless steel. Not sure can find this in Phuket.

Aluminium or stainless non-slip treads normally need to be bolted or pop-riveted to the stairs.

As they're wooden I imagine they're varnished/painted?

Sprinkling sand blasting grit or even some clean, coarse sand to a newly varnished/painted surface does the trick.

Edited by beechbum

get some 2 x 1 inch timber for the front edge and the rear edge( if they are  open treads), then fix some hardboard to these lengths of 2 x 1 inch timber, that would cover the whole tread and not catch as you walked up or down the stairs, if they are a little loose then some staples or tacks would hold firm to the tread. often used in new build houses to protect the treads while building.

some cheap carpet cut to size for the treads and risers, stapled or tacked

https://www.aliexpress.com/price/stair-tread-cover_price.html

Edited by steve187

I was in  HomePro yesterday  to buy WD40.     I glanced around at the wide selection of products near WD and came across your solution.      

3M makes a product that does exactly what I was in essence  suggesting with the threshold idea.     They make a 1" X 60" strip which you can cut down to the exact size you want.

It's not cheat @ 7.99 THB a box but I'd personally rather pay the price upfront instead of paying a hospital bill.

Check it out for your health and safety

Sorry but it looks like  I can no longer post images   on TVF.