Video: Are Thai police "fit" for purpose - national chief finds out!

webfact

Dont you just love Thailand's Anti-Racists, Equal Opportunities and Diversity in action stance

On the score of fit for purpose; I read an article other day saying the DSI had completed 2000 successful cases in 15 years... I thought you gotta be joking only 2000 cases in 15 bloody years??? Lol :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

He could have simply asked for ID if he was "snooping" around the station.  What did the 3 push ups or press ups prove?  Is this the way the police chief treats his employees, humiliating them among other employees?  And of course .... the Benz!  Maybe the off-duty investigator needs to investigate this entire police station!!!!!   And btw,  to the wannabe journalist..... The use of "fatty".....Shame on you sir/mam!!!!

They look very smart in their uniforms festooned with badges but do any of them know what the job description is for a policeman?

I suspect its rather different here than in some other parts of the world.

9 hours ago, Thian said:

Now i understand why the thai police doesn't have patrolcars and only can stand at checkpoints on the roads...all the money went into that Benz.

Whatever size you are in the police force there shirts are always far too tight at least 3 sizes too small 55555

Last time I saw a top cop get out of a car who was doing a visit to a house of cons, sorry I meant bib station
 it was also a Merc but this one was fully loaded with the latest AMG gear including really nice big alloy wheels and low profile tyres.

I wonder if these are buy 3, get one free jobs also

Well, at least the Germans are happy - another Benz in circulation.

Never understood that not a single Thai ever publicly asked why a civil servant drives (or is driven in) a car, well knowing that the same civil servant could not even cough up the cash for petrol and highway tolls ........

8 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Humiliating a guy in front of his colleagues with all your chums smirking- what a classic leader, not.

The chief and his entourage should have reciprocated by also doing some push ups. But then again, maybe they didn't want to get their hands dirty [not from real dirt].

14 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, at least the Germans are happy - another Benz in circulation.

Never understood that not a single Thai ever publicly asked why a civil servant drives (or is driven in) a car, well knowing that the same civil servant could not even cough up the cash for petrol and highway tolls ........

The Mercedes Benz is exactly the model that I saw a local Head Monk arrive in recently at a local temple event. He was of course accompanied by police outriders on motorbikes and cars. Whilst his henchman sat beside me collecting huge wads of cash from locals who had come to hear the Head Monk pontificate. Not just the Bib at the trough.