Video: Are these cops kicking a man off his motorbike?

webfact

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen videos of police nudge stationary bikes, thus knocking the rider to the floor to prevent further action, but I've never seen anything like this.  It's extremely dangerous. I suppose it depends on the circumstances, eg, if he has just committed a dangerous crime then maybe it's justified, but it looks bad.  Put it this way, if you or I did it we might expect to be brought to book.

On the other hand, we see dangerous criminals shot having ignored warnings to surrender.

13 hours ago, johna said:

When the police tell you to stop, STOP. If you refuse anything that happens to you after that is your own fault. 

Anything? No, no way.

Police enforce the law- they are not above it.

There may be justification here- we don't know yet.

9 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Either kicking him off the bike if he will not stop, or shooting him what else? Let him go?

Geeer

Find a way to stop him without risking his life or let him go, that's what would happen in civilized countries ;)

8 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Either kicking him off the bike if he will not stop, or shooting him what else? Let him go?

Geeer

A tricky issue, but speed, and the safety of other road users are also in the mix.  That bike was travelling at speed, anything could have happened. It's just too dangerous, and should only be reserved for extremely serious situations.

We grip when the police do not do their jobs,  and now grip because they were doing their jobs.

Letting the guy go, is not an option as he could have caused an accident further along the road, or

commit another crime later as well. Going at speed when he would not stop is his problem and if he

got injured by falling, Oh well!

Geezer

18 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

We grip when the police do not do their jobs,  and now grip because they were doing their jobs.

Letting the guy go, is not an option as he could have caused an accident further along the road, or

commit another crime later as well. Going at speed when he would not stop is his problem and if he

Geezer

Probably he is going at speed because the police is chasing him, if they stopped he would probably go slower

42 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

Hmm! Guess Stargrazer is not big on the concept of 'excessive force'.  He has a point though.  It really depends on what crime the biker committed. If for instance he was involved in a suspected hit and run, then I guess the policemen are covered.  If it's a minor violation, I imagine they could be in for an uncomfortable few months.

7 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Nope, they wanted to check his motorbike and perhaps collect a fee for not wearing a helmet regarding Thai sources.

so the guy tried to do a runner .... wouldn't that instantly have me thinking he's hiding more sinister criminal activity  ??

I would think so ....

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Are you sure kicking him off the bike was the only way left?

Just too many criminals and too much crime to get me worried about one who got himself injured while running from the police and failing to stop.

The pursuit was successful and probably necessary but watching the video made me think of the many high speed police chases that happen in North America to the detriment of innocents who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Fortunately, no innocent others got nailed in this chase. Good thing the "drop kick" put a fairly quick end to the chase. That was a pretty neat kick. Probably not his first time!

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just too many criminals and too much crime to get me worried about one who got himself injured while running from the police and failing to stop.

I wouldn’t say I’m worried about them. I just don’t think that is how they should be stopping moving bikes. 

And they didnt get themselves injured (if they were). The person doing the kicking is the one who caused any, if any were caused, injuries. 

What’s wrong with these guys?

where were the helicopters?

where were the back up cars?

where were the road blocks?

where were the road spikes?

or sorry... thailand... where taking down the number plate and tracking down the offender at a latter date, doesn’t really work.... so.... they could have waited for the flying squad with their push/pull sticks, perhaps

instead... needs must.... one lawbreaker apprehended, the BiB are 9n a run.

31 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I wouldn’t say I’m worried about them. I just don’t think that is how they should be stopping moving bikes. 

And they didnt get themselves injured (if they were). The person doing the kicking is the one who caused any, if any were caused, injuries. 

It is rather dangerous for all involved so how would you suggest they stop them or do they just let them go?:wai:

11 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Anything? No, no way.

Police enforce the law- they are not above it.

There may be justification here- we don't know yet.

Police in London can not use force to stop criminals on mopeds if they are not wearing a helmet, the result of this policy is criminals pursued by police throw away their helmets and a very low arrest record. Offences involving violent crime on scooters and mopeds have rocketed in London. These are career criminals, attacking innocent people on a daily basis, I suggest your liberal sympathies are in the wrong place.

14 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Opinions are like ar__holes.......... Everybody's got one....... AND MINE........ Opposite yours.............

I say, the police should 'protect' GOOD PEOPLE.......... And when you are running from the police instead of stopping...... You don't qualify as 'GOOD PEOPLE' and deserve your 'outcome'

"totally unjustified to injure the rider", You say .......... BULL Crap.............. But then you would 'justify' him racing on the roads to escape the police........... There is a lot like you around here and seems you are always being 'torn apart' after your comments..................  LOL...........

..hmm..torn apart..would you care to elaborate.

8 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

It is rather dangerous for all involved so how would you suggest they stop them or do they just let them go?:wai:

I’d suggest (and have three times on this thread already ?) getting in experts from countries with more evolved methods to advise and train the bib in the best techniques to stop moving bikes. 

14 hours ago, manarak said:

you haven't been in Thailand for very long if you believe summons are effective in Thailand where most people don't even ride their own bike.

forcing a bike to stop with another bike is again totally unrealistic.

..that's why there is a due legal process so as to avoid unnecessary risk of injury to drivers and riders of vehicles..think about it. 

Archived