Chevy Trailblazer - replacement battery

Chevy dealer suggested buying a replacement battery from them (at high cost) because they said other replacement batteries won't work. Being skeptical, I went to B-Quick fr a replacement battery, and they said that for this model, an original AC-Delco (Chevy) battery is required.

This doesn't seem right to me, as it's the first time I've ever had to buy an original OEM battery. 

Can someone here shed light on this?

Thank you.

I just googled Chevrolet and couldn't find anything specific on the battery changing.

All i suggest is if you obtain 3 opinions and if they all say it must be an original then I'd go with that,  it's not worth doing damage to your electrical system just to save a couple of thousand baht .....  may cost you alot more to fix.

Edited by steven100

Sorry don't know the name but direction. With back to Big C you have to turn left, do a U turn go through the Traffic lights and just before the next set of lights, there's a large tyre/Battery shop on the left. Pop into that and ask what one you require.

They do speak some sort of English. They will also give a 500+bt discount for your old battery. Having tried several places in K.P.P they seem to know what they are doing and don't over charge.

N/B good for tyres as well.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Rimmer
Libelous conten removed

A post has been edited and the reply to it has been removed

A further post has been removed, you can stop with the libelous content now or face a posting suspension.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

OP,  your answer..    It seems Chevy (not Isuzu) have set stuff up so you must buy an AC Delco battery because other batteries will not hook up/fit without a conversion...And yes AC Delco is part of Chevy (GM), the money chain.

B-Quik do not want to get involved with conversions and so the reason why they sent you to Chevy to buy an AC Delco battery..      :smile:    

I'm tempted to try their Total Care service, where they sent out a mobile unit to your location. Dial 1734 and make an appointment. Not sure that it will be more expensive than having it done at the dealer, as they state:

"If your Chevrolet has exceeded its 3 year (/100,000km) warranty, or you have not scheduled an appointment, a charge may be incurred for the service."

So maybe there's no extra charge if you have less than 3 years/100,000km.

2 hours ago, transam said:

OP,  your answer..    It seems Chevy (not Isuzu) have set stuff up so you must buy an AC Delco battery because other batteries will not hook up/fit without a conversion...And yes AC Delco is part of Chevy (GM), the money chain.

B-Quik do not want to get involved with conversions and so the reason why they sent you to Chevy to buy an AC Delco battery..      :smile:    

What 'stuff' and 'conversion' have Chevy done on the Trailblazer that mandates a specific make/model of battery?

What's special about the battery versus any other of equivalent Ah and/or CCA?

Is it a physical thing like those bloody awful side-mounted battery terminals they had on some Chevy's like the S10  pickup on the US market?

Not questioning your research or the need for it... just intrigued.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

What 'stuff' and 'conversion' have Chevy done on the Trailblazer that mandates a specific make/model of battery?

Is it a physical thing like those bloody awful side-mounted battery terminals they had on some Chevy's like the S10  pickup on the US market?

It may be down to the car having an "Intelligent" charging system , as on my M-sport BMW . The vehicles charging system / ECU  has to be informed when the vehicle has a new battery fitted , so it can customise its charging cycles to cater for a new battery , that has different charging requirements to an old battery . No BS. This is how many vehicles work now. The battery may also be a special type , such as calcium/platinum/lithium.

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I did not go into the details of the conversion, but l believe it is something to do with where the battery sits so a regular sized battery cannot be fitted, but a conversion of the seating can be done to install the battery  Isuzu (same ride) uses. Was told B-Quik does not want to get involved with conversions or stock AC Delco batteries..

As far as I know, the trailblazer has no smart charge system and the battery can be replaced with a normal DIN75L battery. Prices range from 2,500 for a GS to 3,400 for a Bosch battery.