Prints For Police Check

My question is where here in Thailand can I obtain a certified check or money order, payable to the U.S Treasury, for 18 U.S. dollars? Will a Thai bank sell me a money order, payable in USD?

The instructions seem quite clear. It says that I must send the fingerprints, along with a certified check, or money order, in the amount of $18, payable to the treasury of the United States, to the FBI processing office in the USA.

I have fingerprints by Thai police, Instructions are to send along with a certified check or money order, the FBI in the US. My question is where do I obtain a certified check or money order, payable in USD?

Thanks Ray

Ray

Several years back I needed such when I applied for the Residence Permit (FYI, didn't get it!!). My solution was to mail the Thai police made fingerprint chart and the letter request to the FBI back to my sister in Oregon who go the check for me at her bank, and then remailed the package to the FBI.

Absent a friend or relative in the U.S. who could do this for you, you might try CitiBank in Bangkok to see if they are able to process a US $$ check. I don't know if they can do so.

You might also ask the American Citizens Service section at the Embassy what they suggest.

Mac

I have fingerprints by Thai police, Instructions are to send along with a certified check or money order, the FBI in the US. My question is where do I obtain a certified check or money order, payable in USD?

Thanks Ray

Ray

Several years back I needed such when I applied for the Residence Permit (FYI, didn't get it!!). My solution was to mail the Thai police made fingerprint chart and the letter request to the FBI back to my sister in Oregon who go the check for me at her bank, and then remailed the package to the FBI.

Absent a friend or relative in the U.S. who could do this for you, you might try CitiBank in Bangkok to see if they are able to process a US $$ check. I don't know if they can do so.

You might also ask the American Citizens Service section at the Embassy what they suggest.

Mac

Thanks Mac. I am retired, sept 2006, also have a Thai wife, I had planed, on just using tourist visas, and 30 day entry stamps. I am now on a 30 day extention, of my first entry of a 3 entry tourist visa. Applying for a retirement visa. What a pain!

Yeah good idea, I'll call the embassy.

TIT Ray

Why are you doing a finger print check? I had assumed that you were under the new teachers rule. That is not required for change to retirement extension of stay. Did you perhaps read the retirement O-A for use when making application in the USA?