Reliable contractor needed for simple house reno

daviddabit

9 hours ago, Nalinee said:

Hi we have a good team working in on our house now but they should be done in about 2 weeks

please contact

Thierry 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10209235690719495&id=1538216490

Hi Nalinee

Thanks for the reply and recommendation. I will contact them next week.  Appreciate your help :)

Have a good day

David

Hi,

I want to warn the poster.

I've had a lot of work done in BKK some by 'pro' teams that fit out big chains.

I reccomend you watch everything and don't be afraid to correct on the job.

my personal experience is the workers will do stuff if they can get away with it, and will hope you don't notice.

the electrics for a start will not even be screwed into your box properly after

surfaces will not be paralel etc.

materials used will often be the cheapest found and don't be surprised to find workers breaking stuff by mishandling and attempting to hide with paint/filler.

In all honesty and from advice with Thai natives - even the well moneyed natives you need to monitor or have a trusted assistance monitor it at all times.

don't be surprise if Nalinee gets a commission for above.

then again you may get lucky and find a good one.

18 hours ago, manchega said:

Hi,

I want to warn the poster.

I've had a lot of work done in BKK some by 'pro' teams that fit out big chains.

I reccomend you watch everything and don't be afraid to correct on the job.

my personal experience is the workers will do stuff if they can get away with it, and will hope you don't notice.

the electrics for a start will not even be screwed into your box properly after

surfaces will not be paralel etc.

materials used will often be the cheapest found and don't be surprised to find workers breaking stuff by mishandling and attempting to hide with paint/filler.

In all honesty and from advice with Thai natives - even the well moneyed natives you need to monitor or have a trusted assistance monitor it at all times.

don't be surprise if Nalinee gets a commission for above.

then again you may get lucky and find a good one.

We bought on plan a new Sarin building company house in Ubon.

Well built except for an occasional trouble now with one toilet. There was no supervision on our part needed or done.

But once completed and lived in the TGF started with improvements, add-ons, custom made furniture, wallpaper, etc

Some of the contractors did well, others not so well.

She is now battling a couple of these guys over imperfectly completed work.

Altogether we're not satisfied with these guys.

But I'm told plenty similar problems in farangland.

Anyone, who puts wallpaper on a perfectly good wall should have their head examined.  Also I am a little suspicious of the OP.  Just way too general.  You are asking four way too many middlemen.  Break the project into specific tasks and get them drone individually.  The " I want someone to fix my house" types get burned.  The "I need someone good with toilets," are much more likely to get their toilet fixed right at a fair price.  No good electrician wants to do drywall or paint.  Neither do plumbers.  Tilers tile, painters paint.  Contractors overcharge and use people you would want to avoid.  All need supervision and will be late or have "XZDAN" and won't show that day.

23 hours ago, BuddyDean said:

Anyone, who puts wallpaper on a perfectly good wall should have their head examined.  Also I am a little suspicious of the OP.  Just way too general.  You are asking four way too many middlemen.  Break the project into specific tasks and get them drone individually.  The " I want someone to fix my house" types get burned.  The "I need someone good with toilets," are much more likely to get their toilet fixed right at a fair price.  No good electrician wants to do drywall or paint.  Neither do plumbers.  Tilers tile, painters paint.  Contractors overcharge and use people you would want to avoid.  All need supervision and will be late or have "XZDAN" and won't show that day.

The wallpaper is my TGF's idea. Actually the three show-sample Sarin houses (Smart 1, 2 & 3) built at the subdivision entrance have all wallpaper on the two floors installed by Sarin.

We have a Smart 3. These houses were constructed in series by the Sarin company in the new subdivision with no input from buyers and only released by the company when fully constructed. Furniture,  A/C units, garden water points and external light fixings to be added by buyer. Our main add-on (which most other owners do) are extension roofs (like carport extension). The first contractor botched the job and his roofs (on two sides) had to be dismantled and redone by a new contractor. Now we have well-constructed roofs on three sides.

Edited by jayceenik

Am not trying to defend builders in farang land .  plenty of dodgy work done all over.  Usually you find a good one through word of mouth.

same here I hope

thing is I know some  very well off natives and they have the same gripe as me, work is just not done well

pro kitchen fitters should do pro work

builders of extensions should be able to do extension

trained electrician should at least be able to tighten up connections in the trip switch box

but so far to all 3 the answer is no.