Medication in customs 17 days

blankagain

I ordered medication online and have been trying to track it as it has been over a month which is unusual for my previous deliveries.

It has been located in Customs. 

I haven't received any notification of this.

The medication consists of  HRT  60 tablets which is difficult to find here and Champix x 30 tablets (MIMS Thailand 'anti smoking classification}.

I Emailed them with tracking and stating I urgently needed the medication.

Do Customs have to notify you they have your shipment and for what reason they have it.

Will I have to pay duty.

and will I have to go to BKK.

It was not medication but some foodstuff my brother sent .they had it in customs and wanted me to go to just outside Bkk to collect .kept saying i had to pay import duty.far more than the stuff was worth .in the end i just told them to keep it .not worth the hassle. To be blunt they were a pain in the ass

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Some free advice if you care to take it or not....Champix (anti nicotine) has been boycotted by a large number of doctors in Europe as it ingredients can lead to issues of depression and suicide...a bit like Roacutan (anti ancné).....find a substitue if you can pal...Champix is a killer......take care

9 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Some free advice if you care to take it or not....Champix (anti nicotine) has been boycotted by a large number of doctors in Europe as it ingredients can lead to issues of depression and suicide...a bit like Roacutan (anti ancné).....find a substitue if you can pal...Champix is a killer......take care

Maybe it's for his wife. 

13 hours ago, i claudius said:

It was not medication but some foodstuff my brother sent .they had it in customs and wanted me to go to just outside Bkk to collect .kept saying i had to pay import duty.far more than the stuff was worth .in the end i just told them to keep it .not worth the hassle. To be blunt they were a pain in the ass

Had the same situation with some meds a few years back, with them wanting me to go to BKK to pay and pick them up.

I tried using a couple of agents but then thought about the costs, so told customs that I wasn't going to pay for them, so to send them back or use them............very unhelpful and arrogant bunch. Should have told them to stick them where the sun doesn't shine, but then again they weren't suppositories!

Champix is available in Thailand, I've bought it before from a local pharmacy in Silom, Bangkok. Very effective drug. In fact won the Prix Gallien price for an inovative pharmacetical agent. http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/champix-receives-top-honour-with-2009-innovative-product-award-538990311.html

Its well documented that its the withdrawal from nicotine that causes the side effects, not the drug itself. Take it from someone who is very familiar with the drug.

41 minutes ago, London Boy said:

Champix is available in Thailand, I've bought it before from a local pharmacy in Silom, Bangkok. Very effective drug. In fact won the Prix Gallien price for an inovative pharmacetical agent. http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/champix-receives-top-honour-with-2009-innovative-product-award-538990311.html

Its well documented that its the withdrawal from nicotine that causes the side effects, not the drug itself. Take it from someone who is very familiar with the drug.

That's wrong. Champix is designed to suppress the pleasure centres in the brain, thus removing the pleasure of smoking (and other things as well), which is why in many people it leads to depression, and that in turn drives quite a few people to suicide. It's the drug itself that does it. It has nothing to do with 'nicotine withdrawal'.

Withdrawal from nicotine is a minor and easily dealt with situation. It's not the reason people smoke (although it is a part of it) and it's not any more addictive than caffeine. The reasons smoking is habit forming are many and complex, and nicotine is only a small part of it.

I've read quite extensively about Champix, and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. If you want to give up smoking, get an e-cig. It's by far the best and most effective method. Yes, I know that Thailand, in its deep wisdom, has made them illegal, but they are still available, illegality notwithstanding, and personally if I was giving up smoking I'd rather take my chances with the law than with a potentially lethal drug like Champix.

22 hours ago, i claudius said:

To be blunt there border line thieves 

8 hours ago, Oxx said:

Perhaps Customs has spotted that you're illegally importing medicine without a licence?

Maybe if you go and pick it up you'll be arrested?

What stupidity. He obtained it for personal use and was simply targeted as a farang. 3rd world operations 

19 minutes ago, Media1 said:

What stupidity. He obtained it for personal use and was simply targeted as a farang. 3rd world operations 

Do you really think that a first world country allows people to import drugs by mail willynilly, even if for "personal use"?

He was breaking the law.

The only stupidity here is yours.  And your racism is blatent.

to import drugs, vitamins are considered drugs here too, you have to have a license for it.  If customs checks the package you won't be allowed to pick it up anyway without the license.

to avoid customs keep the packages small and the value low.  According to iherb:  

What you need to know about shipping products to Thailand

Import tax and duties will be imposed on customers with order values exceeding $46.00 USD

I have not been charged anything when following this.

Are they supposed to notify me that they have the package or do I just go on the tracking info?   I take it they won't be replying to my email.

It was suggested I should have had it shipped in a friends Thai name. That being the case then it's obviously ok to ship  in medication...correct? This stinks.

I have never had an issue with shipping vitamins here I have a cupboard full and never had a problem in Australia or the U.K. shipping in medication.

I have tried countless pharmacies in pattaya for champix, always- "no have" nor, a suggestion as to where I can get them (that'd be expecting too much).

I am going the champix way because I have a cousin, a chronic smoker who recently underwent a successful double lung transplant - the surgeons prescribed her champix which worked, the first week was the hardest. She had to be 2 years clean before she was able to register for the transplant.

I admit, I enjoy a cigarette and at my age something's going to get me sooner rather than-and it probably won't be the cigarettes..Murphy's law. At least I attempted to get clean.

Thanks for your input guys.

6 hours ago, Oxx said:

Do you really think that a first world country allows people to import drugs by mail willynilly, even if for "personal use"?

He was breaking the law.

The only stupidity here is yours.  And your racism is blatent.

Never had a problem shipping in medication to a first world country. If it's 50% cheaper I'm sure you would be with the zillions that do.

I get my stuff sent in a small package ,normal mail ,not registered or tracked , been doing it 12 years ,no problem so far , as i said before the only time i ever had a problem was when it was registered and did not go through Royal Mail

On 10/28/2017 at 10:46 PM, i claudius said:

Wow, I thought all that bullshit ended long time ago. Thirty years ago I had some stuff sent in from Canada and it took all day and about fifty signatures while running all around a Customs building, I had to pay a little runner to take me around because it was designed so that nobody could find his way around. The final bill was excessive but because along with a pair of size 13 sandals (not available anywhere) I got my buddy who owned the Hog's Breath in Nana Plaza, Bob McIndoe some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese which he had not had in very many years. What you do for friends. As he was an old Bangkokian he just laughed at me.

I mailed, from the USA,  some vitamins and food items to myself here because my checked baggage was going to be overweight.    I had to go to customs and pick up my package.  The customs people were nice and in the end I didn't have to pay anything but I was told that vitamins and or  food needed the "Proper" paperwork.    The  food was Sugar free syrup  which I can not fine here.    I would have been better off to mail other heavy items to myself and put the vitamins / syrup in my checked bag.