Q:multi-entry Tourist Visa Cancelled If I Get B Visa With Job

I currently have a triple entry tourist visa issued in London. I came to Thailand in December. I came to Thailand to work as a teacher.

I have been offered a job and my employer are helping to sort out my B Type visa for which I require to re-enter Thailand.

Will my multi-entry tourist visa be cancelled \ expire upon the granting of a B-Type visa? I would imagine it would but I haven't found any information that confirms this 100%

Kind Regards

D

Will my multi-entry tourist visa be cancelled \ expire upon the granting of a B-Type visa?

I don’t think the consulate issuing the non-B visa to you will stamp “cancelled” on your tourist visa valid for more than one entry (it is not a multiple-entry visa but a tourist visa valid for a specific number of entries until a specified date). However, since you cannot get a work permit on a tourist visa, you will want to enter Thailand on the basis of your new non-B visa, i.e. write the details of this new visa on your arrival card.

--

Maestro

Will my multi-entry tourist visa be cancelled \ expire upon the granting of a B-Type visa?

I don’t think the consulate issuing the non-B visa to you will stamp “cancelled” on your tourist visa valid for more than one entry (it is not a multiple-entry visa but a tourist visa valid for a specific number of entries until a specified date). However, since you cannot get a work permit on a tourist visa, you will want to enter Thailand on the basis of your new non-B visa, i.e. write the details of this new visa on your arrival card.

--

Maestro

hmm, are you sure you cant get a WP while having a tourist Visa? I called the thai embassy and they told me i should get a tourist Visa to get into Thailand, and when in Thailand i should get a WP and then get a better Visa, such as the non imm-B visa. :o

You get a work permit after you have proof of qualifying employment and a non immigrant visa. As I said before if they will not provide a non immigrant visa you have no choice. You arrive on a tourist visa. In your case you set up business (and that is likely to involve legal help). You obtain a non immigrant visa and then a work permit. Be aware there are a number of conditions that must be met. You may be able to change your tourist visa into a non immigrant type in-country if/when you can provide the below:

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATTION FOR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-B )

Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86)

Copy of passport entries.

4 X 6 cm photograph.

Application fee of 2,000 baht.

Company letter requesting for Visa Status Alteration.

Employment contract. (Labor Dept.)

A letter of guarantee to certify commercial registration.

Company registration certificates.

VAT registration certificate and the lists of company Board of Directors.

The latest financial statement. (Balance sheets ; Profit & loss statement)

Company income tax or trading tax returns.

Documents providing evidence of education ; Job experience of foreign national.

Withholding Tax records.

BOI letter application for changing visa.

Remarks

The Applicant must sign every page of the application.

The Company Authority must sign to certify all documents and have them stamped with the company seal.

The visa applicant must arrange the documents in proper order and must prepare the originals as proof.

Call 02-2873101-10 ext.2237 for details.

I have a simular problem. I am getting an multi O visa (family visits) and will use it in April, but I have to return from the USA a week later to teach a class for an airline. I usually get a B visa for this.

I did not see any problem with having 2 visa in my passport that were valid, and just specifying wich one I was using when I arrive.

Hate to waste the $125 for the O visa if it is going to get cancled a month later when I get the B visa.

The problem is I need the O in April to open a bank account and get a DL.

Suggestions?

You get a work permit after you have proof of qualifying employment and a non immigrant visa. As I said before if they will not provide a non immigrant visa you have no choice. You arrive on a tourist visa. In your case you set up business (and that is likely to involve legal help). You obtain a non immigrant visa and then a work permit. Be aware there are a number of conditions that must be met. You may be able to change your tourist visa into a non immigrant type in-country if/when you can provide the below:
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATTION FOR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-B )

4 X 6 cm photograph.

Withholding Tax records.

Remarks

The Company Authority must sign to certify all documents and have them stamped with the company seal.

The visa applicant must arrange the documents in proper order and must prepare the originals as proof.

Sorry to correct you Lopburi3 but I gathered the man said he was a teacher. If so he will not require the company registration/tax/employment records etc. I am certainly not a full bottle on the subject but I recently transfered from a 30 day Visa on Arrival (Baan Laem) to a Non Imm B in Bangkok. You must have a minimum 21 days remaining on your VOA and the following documents are what I was asked to provide:

Passport and 1 photocopy of all used pages as well as your photo/details page and your arrival card (each page signed)

University degree and transcripts plus 1 photocopy each (all signed)

Passport size photo (not gloss -rubber stamps dont like em)

2000 baht

TM.86 form

The school of course must provide documentation such as your contract (in Thai), teaching licence, school registration etc but they should know. I just downloaded the TM.86 from this website and typed up all the details on my computer before I went in. You go to Immigration in Suan Phlu, 3rd floor, room 303, and the people there could not have been more efficient and courteous. A woman met me at the door who seemed to be there to streamline things, she checked my papers, put them in order, gave me a number, and the whole thing took no less more 20 minutes! In fact they were three quarters done before my number came up!

But I admit I am not sure how much the school had done previously. At that visit they only gave me a 3 month as my Teaching Licence had been approved but was still being prepared. I believe there was some paperwork included from the Ministry Of Ed to prove it (I dont read Thai). I went back some 2 weeks ago and got my extension to 12 months and a work permit from the Labour Dept to boot. Now I'm laughing.

Can I just say here this is the first time Ive been on ThaiVisa??!! (you could do with a spell check...hate to admit it..English teacher and all)

Good luck anyhow.

ThaiFelix

I have a simular problem. I am getting an multi O visa (family visits) and will use it in April, but I have to return from the USA a week later to teach a class for an airline. I usually get a B visa for this.

I did not see any problem with having 2 visa in my passport that were valid, and just specifying wich one I was using when I arrive.

Hate to waste the $125 for the O visa if it is going to get cancled a month later when I get the B visa.

The problem is I need the O in April to open a bank account and get a DL.

Suggestions?

You can do both on Non-B Visa, no need to go for Non-O Visa. :o

4 X 6 cm photograph.

Withholding Tax records.

Remarks

so i take it i MUST have a non-immigrant B when i apply for a WP. I guess i applied for the wrong Visa then, but the thai embassy told me i should get a Tourist visa first, heh.

Ok, thnx for the info Lopburi :o, and yes, you are correct, i am not a teacher, and i understood you were answering my question not the teachers. :D