Lady boy found dead in Chiang Mai apartment room

webfact

Lady boy found dead in Chiang Mai apartment room

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police were called by neighbors after a foul smell was emanating from the second floor room of a downtown apartment block in Chiang Mai.

The occupant - Phanit Somsri, 30, a transgender individual from Phayao - had not been seen for several days.

The neighbors had tried knocking on the door of Room 225 but there was no answer, reported Thai Rath.

The door was on the chain and after Chang Pheuak police cut their way in they found Phanit dead on the bed in an advanced state of decomposition. He was naked.

He had been dead for 4 - 5 days.

There was nothing stolen and the TV was still on.

The manager said that he had rented a room there for about six years and that he did not know his occupation.

Medics said it was either suicide or a heart attack.

The body was sent for autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-30

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Wow !   the medics can determine what the cause was just like that.  :shock1:

You'd be surprised how much a medic with some experience can deduct from a dead body.

Edited by hansnl

3 hours ago, oldlakey said:

An ill informed guess, would describe it a little better

Why?  Were they wrong with their opinion?  Do you like to Thai-bash for any particular reason? 

A well-informed, experienced opinion from them is a lot better than your uninformed claim based on bugger all.

Edited by Just Weird

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why?  Were they wrong with their opinion?  Do you like to Thai-bash for any particular reason? 

A well-informed, experienced opinion from them is a lot better than your uninformed claim based on bugger all.

Never seen a body several days past its sell by date in a warm climate, yes thought so, never mind old son

Edited by oldlakey

The posters saying the medics opinion is nothing more that waffle are spot on correct. They were asked for an opinion probably and gave one.

The posters saying experienced medics can tell from looking at a body the cause of death are also ill informed. A body could have its head cut off but that not necessarily be the cause of death.

I am speaking from experience.

Illegal Clinic Owner To Be Charged In Death Of Transwoman

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

CLINIC-696x464.jpg  

The Divine Clinic in Lampang province was operating illegally when 22-year-old Jiratchaya Kampoon paid 35,000 for a breast implant procedure.

LAMPANG — Public health officials in Lampang province were preparing to file charges Tuesday against an unlicensed beauty clinic which conducted a breast augmentation on a young transgender woman who died the next day.

An autopsy found that Jiratchaya Kampoon died Sunday night of brain asphyxia after a lung collapsed, according to Prasert Kitsuwanrat, a physician with the Lampang Public Health Office.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/10/31/illegal-clinic-owner-charged-death-transwoman/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-10-31

This young victim's family should sue the clinic AND the local authority which turned down the licence application and failed to check that the clinic was not operating thereafter..

Botched operations by cowboy plastic surgery outfits are commonplace in LOS - not only among Thais but also numerous foreigners who come here because prices are lower than in their own countries.

The Government needs to clean up this seamy business, which is doing nothing to counter the country's reputation as one of the most dangerous and rip-off prone destinations in the world.

The clinic had a license application rejected, but opened-up anyway.  That just sums-up the general attitude of Thais towards any kind of administration in Thailand; "Up yours, I'll do as I please"!

However, you can't blame the general population, when anybody in authority is too lazy to get off their backside and do what they are paid for!  

Perhaps, when a democratically elected government is eventually in power, they will address this issue, and head towards the 21st century.

Yes I know!  I'll not my breath.

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

The clinic had a license application rejected, but opened-up anyway.  That just sums-up the general attitude of Thais towards any kind of administration in Thailand; "Up yours, I'll do as I please"!

However, you can't blame the general population, when anybody in authority is too lazy to get off their backside and do what they are paid for!  

Perhaps, when a democratically elected government is eventually in power, they will address this issue, and head towards the 21st century.

Yes I know!  I'll not my breath.

This sums up Thailand perfectly.

Thailand.jpg

13 hours ago, kingkenny said:

The posters saying the medics opinion is nothing more that waffle are spot on correct. They were asked for an opinion probably and gave one.

The posters saying experienced medics can tell from looking at a body the cause of death are also ill informed. A body could have its head cut off but that not necessarily be the cause of death.

I am speaking from experience.

When did you have your head cut off?

On 10/31/2017 at 7:08 AM, oldlakey said:

Never seen a body several days past its sell by date in a warm climate, yes thought so, never mind old son

Did you see this body? Thought not.

Are you judging the experience of the medics who attended without knowing anything that justifies your ridicule?  Thought so.

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Did you see this body? Thought not.

Are you judging the experience of the medics who attended without knowing anything that justifies your ridicule?  Thought so.

Ever heard of qualifications, or even ETHICS, no I did not think so, so I wont even mention respect

Heart attack or suicide, as I SAID ill informed GUESS

Medics, MUPPETS masquerading as Glorified van drivers more like

You can now have another two days to come up with more BS to save your face

Thai bashing my backside

18 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Ever heard of qualifications, or even ETHICS, no I did not think so, so I wont even mention respect

Heart attack or suicide, as I SAID ill informed GUESS

Medics, MUPPETS masquerading as Glorified van drivers more like

You can now have another two days to come up with more BS to save your face

Thai bashing my backside

It takes 2 days to respond because I've got a life, I don't spend every waking minute here.

Yes, I have heard of qualifications, and ethics, and respect.  I know that your original comment was just a daft Thai-bash and nothing to do with qualifications.  Ethics did not come into it and who are you expecting me or the rescue workers to respect?

Who exactly attended the incident, do you know?  Do you really know whether or not  there was a medic among them?  Of course you don't.  Those rescue workers save a lot of lives, calling them 'muppets' and 'glorified van drivers' does nothing but diminish your own credibility when trying to justify your original remark.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

It takes 2 days to respond because I've got a life, I don't spend every waking minute here.

Yes, I have heard of qualifications, and ethics, and respect.  I know that your original comment was just a daft Thai-bash and nothing to do with qualifications.  Ethics did not come into it and who are you expecting me or the rescue workers to respect?

Who exactly attended the incident, do you know?  Do you really know whether or not  there was a medic among them?  Of course you don't.  Those rescue workers save a lot of lives, calling them 'muppets' and 'glorified van drivers' does nothing but diminish your own credibility when trying to justify your original remark.

Well let me see

I note you are still determined to continue with the accusation of Thai Bashing regards my original POST

Muppet Bashing I will accept, which adequately describes my comment about somebody / anybody who makes unsubstantiated, ILL INFORMED GUESSES for whatever reason regarding a sudden death 

Qualifications are gained after training, and in the job that is under the spotlight in this thread they are then hopefully supplemented by a mix of further training and experience, in my opinion thats of utmost importance if the operative is going to be fit for purpose

They SUGGESTED that somebody might have committed  suicide, with what appears absolutely nothing to support such a statement,  and YOU think that ethics have no place here, REALLY

If you really dont know who needs to be respected here, out of common decency if nothing else, then I will just leave that with you

I must agree with you that I dont know if a MEDIC was in attendance, but I am relying on the OP that all this actually happened, including the attendance of the MEDIC as you will see if you ever get around to tearing yourself away from your life to read the OP

Calling them Muppets and Glorified van drivers referred to their act of acting like such nothing else

I dont have to justify my original comment as it was an ill informed guess, and it will always be so

I am not saying that they are incorrect with both the guesses they made, they could be correct with one or the other but it still does not CHANGE the fact that it was an ILL INFORMED guess in the first place

6 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Well let me see

I note you are still determined to continue with the accusation of Thai Bashing regards my original POST

Muppet Bashing I will accept, which adequately describes my comment about somebody / anybody who makes unsubstantiated, ILL INFORMED GUESSES for whatever reason regarding a sudden death 

Qualifications are gained after training, and in the job that is under the spotlight in this thread they are then hopefully supplemented by a mix of further training and experience, in my opinion thats of utmost importance if the operative is going to be fit for purpose

They SUGGESTED that somebody might have committed  suicide, with what appears absolutely nothing to support such a statement,  and YOU think that ethics have no place here, REALLY

If you really dont know who needs to be respected here, out of common decency if nothing else, then I will just leave that with you

I must agree with you that I dont know if a MEDIC was in attendance, but I am relying on the OP that all this actually happened, including the attendance of the MEDIC as you will see if you ever get around to tearing yourself away from your life to read the OP

Calling them Muppets and Glorified van drivers referred to their act of acting like such nothing else

I dont have to justify my original comment as it was an ill informed guess, and it will always be so

I am not saying that they are incorrect with both the guesses they made, they could be correct with one or the other but it still does not CHANGE the fact that it was an ILL INFORMED guess in the first place

Believe me, I did read the OP.

To quote you, "I am not saying that they are incorrect with both the guesses they made, they could be correct with one or the other but it still does not CHANGE the fact that it was an ILL INFORMED guess in the first place"

The thing is you do not know that, that is why your comment qualifies as uninformed Thai bashing.

"I dont have to justify my original comment as it was an ill informed guess, and it will always be so"

Glad to see that, at last, you concede that your comment was an uninformed guess.  Now we're getting somewhere.

"Calling them Muppets and Glorified van drivers referred to their act of acting like such nothing else"

How was the rescue service in this case "acting like Muppets and Glorified van drivers"?  Where you there?

"Muppet Bashing I will accept, which adequately describes my comment about somebody / anybody who makes unsubstantiated, ILL INFORMED GUESSES for whatever reason regarding a sudden death"

It was actually you that was making an ILL-INFORMED GUESS regarding the rescue service's opinion about a sudden death.  They were there, they saw the scene and the circumstances and they saw the body.  You didn't. How can you accuse them of being muppets?

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Believe me, I did read the OP.

To quote you, "I am not saying that they are incorrect with both the guesses they made, they could be correct with one or the other but it still does not CHANGE the fact that it was an ILL INFORMED guess in the first place"

The thing is you do not know that, that is why your comment qualifies as uninformed Thai bashing.

"I dont have to justify my original comment as it was an ill informed guess, and it will always be so"

Glad to see that, at last, you concede that your comment was an uninformed guess.  Now we're getting somewhere.

"Calling them Muppets and Glorified van drivers referred to their act of acting like such nothing else"

How was the rescue service in this case "acting like Muppets and Glorified van drivers"?  Where you there?

"Muppet Bashing I will accept, which adequately describes my comment about somebody / anybody who makes unsubstantiated, ILL INFORMED GUESSES for whatever reason regarding a sudden death"

It was actually you that was making an ILL-INFORMED GUESS regarding the rescue service's opinion about a sudden death.  They were there, they saw the scene and the circumstances and they saw the body.  You didn't. How can you accuse them of being muppets?

Never mind fellow member

In future read the OP

Then just like the rest of us you will KNOW that the medics where there

HOW do I know the MEDICS where there, nice one son

I have taken the moral high ground and I refuse to concede any to an apologist

There are certain standards that need to be adhered to, in certain situations you obviously dont understand that, and that is your problem

I have no desire to teach you either, I will leave that to your parents IF anybody acts like a MUPPET, I WILL refer to them as such, and there will be no exceptions to this

9 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Never mind fellow member

In future read the OP

Then just like the rest of us you will KNOW that the medics where there

HOW do I know the MEDICS where there, nice one son

I have taken the moral high ground and I refuse to concede any to an apologist

There are certain standards that need to be adhered to, in certain situations you obviously dont understand that, and that is your problem

I have no desire to teach you either, I will leave that to your parents IF anybody acts like a MUPPET, I WILL refer to them as such, and there will be no exceptions to this

Yawn..

I read the OP.

Take whatever condescending ground you like, it won't make you right, neither will it make me an apologist.

I understand the standards but you still can't understand that you weren't there to judge them.

I doubt that you could ever teach me anything.

You'll have to dig my parents out of their graves if you want to involve them.