AIS number / away for 1 year +

hellohello

13 hours ago, JamJar said:

Then you didn't understand what you read.

The other two networks allows you to add validity for 2 baht per month.

The page to which you linked indicates that AIS will charge you 30 baht per month.

Some would argue that is not the same service.

Sounds like the same service to me, with a different price. True and DTAC also both charge different prices. The procedure (ie the service) is the same though, as it is done in all three cases by sending a command code.

If I buy breakfast for 50B or breakfast for 500B, is it not still breakfast?

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Sounds like the same service to me, with a different price. True and DTAC also both charge different prices. The procedure (ie the service) is the same though, as it is done in all three cases by sending a command code.

If I buy breakfast for 50B or breakfast for 500B, is it not still breakfast?

No DTAC and TRUE both charge 2 baht per 30 days for validity extension. That is the same price.

As to your ludicrous analogy. Charging 500 baht for a 50 baht breakfast is not a similar service. :smile:

Your original quote; 

Both have a simple code that can be dialled which adds 30 days to the validity for about 2B or 3B per month, up to a maximum of one year.

So as long as you have enough credit (which at most will be less than 50B per year) you can extend the validity for as long as you like, without actually having to top up if you dont need to or cant.

To which the reply was AIS do not have that service. Clearly referring to the 2 or 3 baht per 30 days that you mentioned.

What you don't know is that the package is not an extension service per se, but a bundle.

The bundle is 30 minutes for 5 days and 30 days of validity extension for 30 baht. USSD *500*9# (for AIS One-2-Call) or *777*30# (for AIS 3G One-2-Call)

So instead of muddying the waters, you could have clarified your reply by writing that AIS do have a service, but it costs fifteen times more than the other networks and nothing like the "less than 50 baht per year" that you first mooted.

In addition, with the other networks, you can short code 180 days of validity extension at a time.

AIS does not have that service, but there is a method by which you can purchase validity extension, illustrated above.

3 hours ago, JamJar said:

As to your ludicrous analogy. Charging 500 baht for a 50 baht breakfast is not a similar service.

Breakfast is breakfast. The price of it makes no difference to what the meal is.

A validity extension service is a validity extension service. The price of it makes no difference to what it is.

If the price did make such a difference then by your logic (if it can be called that, which I doubt) it would be impossible to compare any two items or services that dont have exactly the same price. I dont agree.

Besides which, who cares? I certainly dont.

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Breakfast is breakfast. The price of it makes no difference to what the meal is.

A validity extension service is a validity extension service. The price of it makes no difference to what it is.

If the price did make such a difference then by your logic (if it can be called that, which I doubt) it would be impossible to compare any two items or services that dont have exactly the same price. I dont agree.

Besides which, who cares? I certainly dont.

Worth it worth the time to write that nonsense.

Anyone clicking through your link would expect to see a comparable validity extension service to DTAC and TRUE,

Whereas in fact, it links to a bundle of 30 call mins over 5 days for 30 baht, which also adds 30 days of validity.

So clearly not the same thing.

Whilst I happily spend up to 24 baht per annum to extend my SIm validity to the max, spend 360 baht for minutes they don't need won't be under consideration for most.

They will either top-up at a machine from 12 baht and still have 10 baht as credit. Oh...ends up costing them 2 baht per month.....or top up with 50 baht refill cards and get to keep all of their credit.

Having to buy up to 12 30 baht bundles you likely don't need at at cost of 360 baht per annum is not the same service as offered by DTAC and TRUE.

If you don't care, perhaps you should stop posting on this thread.

8 hours ago, JamJar said:

Worth it worth the time to write that nonsense.

Anyone clicking through your link would expect to see a comparable validity extension service to DTAC and TRUE,

Whereas in fact, it links to a bundle of 30 call mins over 5 days for 30 baht, which also adds 30 days of validity.

The original question was "can you extend the validity of an AIS number for a year?". The answer is yes. The instructions and costs were clearly indicated in the link I supplied.

The link also provided comparative details of other providers, which may be of interest to anyone thinking of buying a new SIM or switching providers. Do I consider it necessary to walk people through the price comparison? No, they can do that themselves.

I dont see that there is anything more to say but you are welcome to carry on if you like.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

The original question was "can you extend the validity of an AIS number for a year?". The answer is yes. The instructions and costs were clearly indicated in the link I supplied.

The link also provided comparative details of other providers, which may be of interest to anyone thinking of buying a new SIM or switching providers. Do I consider it necessary to walk people through the price comparison? No, they can do that themselves.

I dont see that there is anything more to say but you are welcome to carry on if you like.

No, it was not. The original question was;

I had to leave LOS for 1 year+

Its registered with my passport.

I tried to just add credit online. No luck. Says phone # dose not exist .

What is the protocol to get my number back?

I imagine you would prefer to die, rather than to admit that you got it wrong.

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with JamJar. 

KittenKong referenced the 2 baht extension service and the reply from sometimewoodworker was from a quote about the 2 baht TRUE extension service.

So I clicked on the link KK provided where he states that AIS does have the same service and found nothing of the sort. Misleading.

Now he seems to be moving the goalposts to fit the trajectory of the ball.

Sorry mate. It a completely different thing.

Anyway, another option is that AIS users can transfer validity to each other. But only 20 days at a time, at a cost of 1.5 to 3 baht a time.

So if you have any friends., they can top you up for a year for as little as 27 baht.

You can thank me later :smile: