Has anyone bought an item from Thailand getting shipped to the U.S. from ebay?

Emma333

I recently bought an item from Thailand getting shipped to the US. I have contacted the seller multiple times and havent heard anything back, even got thier phone number messaged and called them. If anyone else has gone though this please let me know what I should do.  It's still in the estimated item arrival date which is fine, but there is no tracking #, and no previous replies from the seller. So just wanna make sure this isn't a scam or anything like that.

You bought an item shipped from Thailand or you are in Thailand sending to a 3rd party (which may not be allowed)?

Just document everything for claim to Ebay if not received - Thailand are not known as a hub for internet email response.   You are sure order was placed within Ebay website and you can still find seller there entering from an Ebay google address?

Edited by lopburi3

If you bought an item via eBay, you're protected if you paid per PayPal or Credit Card and the item has not been delivered or not shipped.

Always re-check the seller and look if there are any (positive/negative) comments about the seller BEFORE ordering.

You may contact eBay first and ask them what to do.

When I lived in Europe, I bought a lot of Thai silver coins on ebay (and later direct from some sellers). From more than 50 purchases only 2 didn't arrive. One was blocked by customs and the second one was a scam (but PayPal paid back).

Today, I would say there are more scams from Thailand to Thailand than from Thailand to international...

Hope everything will be OK for you.

Edited by Jedsada3

4 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Why are you here, go complain to Ebay.  

Emma333 is a newbie and probably found Thaivisa on her search for truth or help in Thailand; nothing wrong with that.

Why can't we give her that advise  instead a blunt advise from you and to go and complain to eBay?

I don't think she was complaining but asking for help.

You never asked for any advise or help in your life?

I did, many times.

Bought? Yes.

Received? No.

Seller shipped a package to my address. It was never received. Tracked as far as Thai customs, then it disappeared.

The reverse has also happened. A box of tourist trinkets shipped from Thailand made it as far as US customs, then dropped off the radar. 

If your paypal account is US address confirmed then the item will go to your US address. 

I tried to buy an item about $3 from Thailand, but seller did not agree to ship it within Thailand ? since my PayPal account is US address confirmed. 

If you want the item to be shipped to Thailand then you need to open PayPal with Thai bank account. 

If you are using a Thai PayPal account then the item will be shipped to your confirmed address in Thailand. 

I've bought several items from Thailand on ebay...many shipped to the USA...never any problems...ebay has a pretty good refund policy and buyer protection program...so don't worry about it...

as an aside...I had a friend who tried to be an ebay vendor in Thailand...he experienced so many problems in dealing with ebay's efforts to prevent fraud that he finally just gave up...so while Thailand is a land of scams, ebay does a pretty good job protecting its buyers.

9 minutes ago, Foozool said:

If your paypal account is US address confirmed then the item will go to your US address. 

I tried to buy an item about $3 from Thailand, but seller did not agree to ship it within Thailand ? since my PayPal account is US address confirmed. 

If you want the item to be shipped to Thailand then you need to open PayPal with Thai bank account. 

If you are using a Thai PayPal account then the item will be shipped to your confirmed address in Thailand. 

Actually I have no issues obtaining shipment to Thailand using Ebay and PayPal with a US Credit Card having my Thai Address.  There is no need for a Thai bank account for PayPal payment.

24 minutes ago, Foozool said:

That's not correct; the Thai seller doesn't know her/his stuff than...

The PayPal address is just an email account, which could be everywhere in the world, not a shipping address.

My wife often receives orders* from different email addresses rather than the email PP account and ships to the address the client wants it to be shipped.

* on a side note: we also order ourselves from eBay and sometimes from Thailand, shipped to Europe; no problem; paid with the PP address as originally used once you register with PP. 

Many people use a different PP email address rather than their day-to-day email correspondence.

Edited by LaoPo

13 minutes ago, hdkane said:

as an aside...I had a friend who tried to be an ebay vendor in Thailand...he experienced so many problems in dealing with ebay's efforts to prevent fraud that he finally just gave up...so while Thailand is a land of scams, ebay does a pretty good job protecting its buyers.

That's correct; if someone wants to be an eBay vendor in any country, he/she has to register with official business papers (like Chamber of Commerce and Tax authorities) of the eBay selling address within that country, for tax reasons, protecting eBay.

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually I have no issues obtaining shipment to Thailand using Ebay and PayPal with a US Credit Card having my Thai Address.  There is no need for a Thai bank account for PayPal payment.

Correct 

OP you have 30 days to open an "Item not received case" in ebay resolution centre.

failing that paypal give you 180 days to claim "item not received"

as for sellers shipping to addresses other than what is listed on the paypal account, they are not covered if anything goes wrong.

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Your Thai PayPal address is not a confirmed address since your US credit card billing address is a US address. PayPal confirm credit card billing address as a confirmed address.

Perhaps you just better disregard about my post since I'm not sure how it works in Thailand. ?

Edited by Foozool

5 hours ago, LaoPo said:

That's not correct; the Thai seller doesn't know her/his stuff than...

The PayPal address is just an email account, which could be everywhere in the world, not a shipping address.

My wife often receives orders* from different email addresses rather than the email PP account and ships to the address the client wants it to be shipped.

* on a side note: we also order ourselves from eBay and sometimes from Thailand, shipped to Europe; no problem; paid with the PP address as originally used once you register with PP. 

Many people use a different PP email address rather than their day-to-day email correspondence.

I'm sorry, but this is not about e-mail address. 

This about confirmed shipping address. You can have more than one (confirmed shipping address) address on your PayPal account and some sellers may ship the item to those addresses as you chose it at the time of check out, but there is only one confirmed address for every credit card or bank account. 

The seller could refuse shipping the item to unconfirmed address since the shipping address is not as same as confirmed (billing address) of credit card or bank account. 

If it is still not correct to you, just forget about the whole thing and do what is correct to you. ?

Edited by Foozool

12 hours ago, Emma333 said:

It's still in the estimated item arrival date which is fine, but there is no tracking #, and no previous replies from the seller.

You need to check with someone who is at the address (if there is anyone). Otherwise there is no way to know if the item has been really shipped or has arrived at your address without tracking #.

Ordered from Thailand to ship to Canada many times through Ebay.... will that do ?    Usually NIVEA MEN 48h SILVER PROTECT Antibacterial Protection....   Can't get it in Canada and I love that stuff after using it in Cambodia and Thailand. 

But I've also gotten a few amulets and wrist bracelets etc shipped from Thailand after using the Ebay "Buy it now" option or winning an auction...  .....    never had any problem.  Often took longer than usual to arrive.... but it always arrived. 

Hope that helps.... seeing as how Canada and the U.S. are right next to each other.. 

Edited by Catoni
Addition

9 hours ago, Foozool said:

Your Thai PayPal address is not a confirmed address since your US credit card billing address is a US address. PayPal confirm credit card billing address as a confirmed address.

Perhaps you just better disregard about my post since I'm not sure how it works in Thailand. ?

My US credit card billing address is my Thai address and has been for over 20 years.  

Ebay automatically updates your "verified" shipping address based upon your usage, once I start the process of paying for an item on Ebay , the shopping cart automatically offers me my choice of shipping addresses. based upon my past orders

Since Ebay owns PayPal I assume that the two are linked since I never have a problem with which one of the three addresses I have on file that I want to use.  Two in the US (home address [CC billing] and re-mailer address) and one in Thailand   

You need to wait until the estimated delivery is reached and then notify Ebay that the item has not been received. They will contact the seller and the seller will probably ask you to wait a bit longer, been there several times. Ebay will set a time period for the issue to be resolved and you would need to claim a refund.

I had one item turn up about 3 months after I had the refund.

It is fairly common not to get a tracking number, or get a tracking number that does not work but it is not an indication that you will not receive the goods.