Prayut hints at fourth cabinet shuffle in three years

snoop1130

Prayut hints at fourth cabinet shuffle in three years

By The Nation

01a563191b7969ab445561dc362877bb.jpeg

Prayut Chan-o-cha

PM Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha on Thursday admitted that the fourth reshuffle of his three-year-old Cabinet could be possible by this year.

“I’m thinking about the reshuffle but still sorting out what scale it should be,” Prayut said yesterday. “It might be this year. Don’t worry about it too much, it’s just administrative stuff.”

Prayut, who is also junta chief, said he was thinking of reducing the numbers of military officers and replacing them with civilians.

Long-held speculation on the reshuffle was highlighted as Gen Sirichai Distakul left his position as labour minister on Wednesday.

Sirichai and three other Labour Ministry staff members resigned shortly after Prayut employed his notorious Article 44 powers to shift Varanon Peetiwan from his post as director-general of the Department of Employment to deputy permanent secretary of the ministry.

The resignation was confirmed today in an announcement by the PM’s Office published in the Royal Gazette.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30330680

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I’m thinking about the reshuffle but still sorting out what scale it should be,” Prayut said yesterday. “It might be this year. Don’t worry about it too much, it’s just administrative stuff.”

Seems a touch condescending to me..........Go back to your rice fields, nothing to see here........

I know I will be ridiculed for being a cynic, but my take on it is one of the following ( or all ).....

1 - Keeping knives out of his back.

2 - Certain civilian individuals are knocking at the door asking for a nose in the trough before elections.

3 - Certain civilians are being placed into positions of authority so he has allies in the government come election time........

14 hours ago, Cadbury said:

A Cabinet reshuffle usually signifies some backstabbing fear by a leader and is intended to cull those who may be  plotting against him. Things are warming up.

Not necessarily. There are only so many places at the trough and many eager piglets squealing for their turn.

4 in three years. Previous lot were much more often.

15 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Maybe the coup leader is worried about a coup within by his own Generals !

Maybe he realizes that elevation in the military from nepotism or pay to play did not result in competence. Good for him to strive to choose what's right rather than what looks right. 

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Seems a touch condescending to me..........Go back to your rice fields, nothing to see here........

I know I will be ridiculed for being a cynic, but my take on it is one of the following ( or all ).....

1 - Keeping knives out of his back.

2 - Certain civilian individuals are knocking at the door asking for a nose in the trough before elections.

3 - Certain civilians are being placed into positions of authority so he has allies in the government come election time........

I'll go with 1 & 3 and wait for 2 to unfold 

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Maybe he realizes that elevation in the military from nepotism or pay to play did not result in competence. Good for him to strive to choose what's right rather than what looks right. 

What would be right would be a reshuffle as a result of the often delayed, but always promised, general election