Three-Year Non-Immigrant Visa “B” (Business only)

I would like some updated news on this visa, if anyone has any.

This would take me to aged 50 and thus open the retirement option and I have more than enough in terms of UK companies but not sure how pedantic they are on the supplementary issues such as correspondence with Thai companies etc.

My argument would be to establish a company within Thailand but I'd rather they just took the £250 and stamped the passport.

Any ideas ?

Links I have:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15386-Three-year-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-B.html

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/non-immigrant-visa

The 'B' (Business) visa is aimed at employees of companies that already have business ties in Thailand and need to visit the Thai company. Unless you have the support of  Thai company you won't get this visa. Not sure how strict they will be regarding correspondence, but you will at least need a letter from the UK company stating the purpose of your visit, and a letter from the Thai company inviting you.

You don't need a 'B' visa to establish a Thai company. You could go to Thailand on a Tourist Visa and set up a new Thai company, and then either employ yourself, or use that company to support a 'B' business visa. However, setting a company purely to get a visa would probably not be viable.

22 minutes ago, Lycian said:

There are many companies/agents out there that can help you with this. Some can even setup a company for you just for the business visa. It cost about 8000 baht for my friend to do it... think its quite worth it

They might be able to get a visa, but there is no way any agent can set up a company and get a business visa for 8,000 baht.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a 12 month business visa for many years, never a work permit but just a Non Immigrant B visa. I simply thought a 3 year version would be less hassle.

You didn't / don't need any Thai company nonsense to get one of these but the 3yr seems a little more complicated.

I am looking for experience from people who have done it, not really some hypothetical interpretation of what might happen or what might be required; I can do that myself.

2 hours ago, SGD said:

I had a 12 month business visa for many years, never a work permit but just a Non Immigrant B visa. I simply thought a 3 year version would be less hassle.

Unless you work as CEO or CFO for a multi million company dealing with a subsidiary in Thailand, forget it. 

This Visa is specially designed for this purpose. 

3 hours ago, SGD said:

You didn't / don't need any Thai company nonsense to get one of these but the 3yr seems a little more complicated.

I am looking for experience from people who have done it, not really some hypothetical interpretation of what might happen or what might be required; I can do that myself.

You’ve already got your answers. I doubt many people need the 3 year visa so you’re unlikely to get much actual experience, if any.

If you’ve got a business connection with a company in Thailand it’s easy to get the visa, otherwise you won’t get one. It’s not aimed at people wanting to live in the country, but those that live/work outside Thailand and need/want to visit often.

I had a couple of Non ‘B’ visas in the past based on looking for work, but these days you need a job offer or business connection otherwise you’ve no chance.

The only time I've had a visa that was valid for more than a year was working for a large BOI registered company. When I got it the company was about 8 months into it's 3 year reg' and the visa was issued at the one stop office in BKK for the remainder of the 3 years. I don't think they do even that now though not sure.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:35 PM, PoorSucker said:

Unless you work as CEO or CFO for a multi million company dealing with a subsidiary in Thailand, forget it. 

This Visa is specially designed for this purpose. 

I am the MD of a multi million GBP company (I own 100%) and can provide any amount of legitimate paperwork to this effect but we do not yet have any Thai subsidiaries. This could come to pass and it is leveraging this angle which I hoped might be able to gain sway in obtaining such a visa.

However, we would not go to the trouble of incorporating in Thailand simply to get a visa. The chicken must come before the egg and thus investigation in country is what I proposed.

Thanks for all the responses so far but at the moment I am not sure where this gap in visa requirements is covered, whereas historically it was quite open. Though logic is not often found in Thai regulations, I hoped the proposition of investigating opportunities would be covered, if your home country company was of such merit.