Moyes named West Ham manager following Bilic exit

snoop1130

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, StevieH said:

they're a pretty toxic club with genuinely horrible owners and a white elephant of a stadium they didn't want or really need.

My taxes are paying for that s-hole stadium.  I know half a dozen season ticket holders and they feel same.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

According to Zabaleta he turned down offers from Spain, Italy and other English clubs so that he could join the mighty West Ham.  Blimey.

Not like the great Zabs to tell a lie, but I wouldn't think the elite clubs had much interest. At any rate, as much as I love Zabs it looks like his days as a quality right back are numbered. Seems the wheels are about shot.

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

He's on a hiding to nothing. The fans don't want him and they are brutal when  he is not their choice as Allardyce will testify towards the end of his reign. 

He is already making noises about not leaking goals so I guess he will work on a few 0-0's to steady the ship. 

As a couple of ex players have already said, seeing him coming in wouldn't be inspiring. 

My guess is he will pick a few points and see them avoid relegation but it will be uninspiring stuff and they will look for a replacement end of season. 

I think the owners see it as a cheap option during the season while they sort out a longer term appointment. 

Nah your crazy moyes will not get 15 games at West ham. He will not last the season and west ham are going down. It's the interviews that will get the better of the fans. Moyes needs to take a job in Scotland or even the scot national team and be gone. 

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm not one to be pedantic but that's six games....or did ya mean the Everton match is an easy win? :partytime2:

What part of "next" was a struggle for you Ronnie? The next 5 fixtures. I could have listed the remaining seasons fixtures but still said the "next 5 fixtures"

OK, OK. I didn't actually mean to post 6 :tongue: but seeing as the 6th is Arsenal. I'll rephrase and say I can't see them getting much from the next 6 games

Nah your crazy moyes will not get 15 games at West ham. He will not last the season and west ham are going down. It's the interviews that will get the better of the fans. Moyes needs to take a job in Scotland or even the scot national team and be gone. 

You may be right. I’m not sure about relegation but anything is a possibility at the moment. I don’t think even the Scots want him tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You may be right. I’m not sure about relegation but anything is a possibility at the moment. I don’t think even the Scots want him tbh.

That 6 month contract will not last 6 weeks. They are looking for a manager as we speak they already regret the decision given the paltry contract. Worst decision I've seen for many years.

Listen, it's not too late just jump ship mate Furk the hammers they are just gonna keep getting err.. hammered.

Lol I am sure you are aware that once it’s in your blood etc etc. I’m a life long fan through thick and thin (mostly thin) and I am under no illusions that things will ever improve in my lifetime. Like many clubs the fans deserve better but whilst money rules this club will never get better from an achievement point of view but I’m sure as a business it will thrive.

Just now, Kadilo said:

Lol I am sure you are aware that once it’s in your blood etc etc. I’m a life long fan through thick and thin (mostly thin) and I am under no illusions that things will ever improve in my lifetime. Like many clubs the fans deserve better but whilst money rules this club will never get better from an achievement point of view but I’m sure as a business it will thrive.

I like it nicely said you gotta sit in it like a pig in shiit. Fair play. Gotta be a cup on the horizon in the next few like the Leyland daf, worth it in the end. You get discounts from Ann summers too though right?

I like it nicely said you gotta sit in it like a pig in shiit. Fair play. Gotta be a cup on the horizon in the next few like the Leyland daf, worth it in the end. You get discounts from Ann summers too though right?

We are looking at higher achievements than the Leyland naf, maybe some pre season tournament in Libya or somewhere.
Not sure about the discount in AS. I will have to look into it as the missus needs something a bit more up market than the 50 baht nanny shiitcatchers she keeps wearing.

Just now, Kadilo said:

We are looking at higher achievements than the Leyland naf, maybe some pre season tournament in Libya or somewhere.
Not sure about the discount in AS. I will have to look into it as the missus needs something a bit more up market than the 50 baht nanny shiitcatchers she keeps wearing.

50 baht shit catchers lol I have a lot of experience with them with my son but the name never crossed my mind. I'm nicking it.

23 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes i think you've pretty much summed it up.  And Moyes clearly wants to get himself back in the shop window otherwise why accept a six month contract for what is a fairly duff position

The one saving grace for Moyes is that he has got some talented players to work with, in attack and midfield. If he can get them on his side, he's got half a chance. The centre of the defence, however, is a nightmare. It's old and it's slow. 

• 2 weeks later...

he'll be gone from west ham by january. no way they trust him to spend money in january and continue to be clueless and take them down. 

notice he's already blaming the players in his post-match interview last night. such an <deleted>.

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

he'll be gone from west ham by january. no way they trust him to spend money in january and continue to be clueless and take them down. 

notice he's already blaming the players in his post-match interview last night. such an <deleted>.

I think the whole idea of a six month contract was wrong on all sides.  Only a manager desperate to get back in the shop window would accept it,  and on the flip side theres no commitment or confidence being shown by the owners.  

Must be desperately disappointing for West Ham fans seeing their incompetent owners appointment a lame duck manager.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think the whole idea of a six month contract was wrong on all sides.  Only a manager desperate to get back in the shop window would accept it,  and on the flip side theres no commitment or confidence being shown by the owners.  

Must be desperately disappointing for West Ham fans seeing their incompetent owners appointment a lame duck manager.

i've no axe to grind with west ham fans but i'll happily see them go down because i <deleted> hate their owners. gold and sullivan are obviously vile but brady is absolutely bloody horrible as well. everything about the three of them shouts sleaze and corruption and underhandedness. 

and that's like you say before you get to the part about them simply being incompetent. moyes is now a serial failure and yet they still appoint him rather than showing a bit of vision or ambition and trying something different. find a younger talented man like sean dyche or eddie howe or cast your net wider and maybe come up with someone like the smart marco silva. these clubs that continue to appoint these old boys network overpaid, over-comfortable tossers like moyes, pardew, allardyce, hodgson et al deserve what they get. a relegation scrap and the inevitable massive payoff they have to give the guy when he fails again.

18 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Moyes was blaming the players before he even stepped on the pitch as West Ham manager. He's completely lost the plot following his recent managerial disasters.

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Moyes was blaming the players before he even stepped on the pitch as West Ham manager. He's completely lost the plot following his recent managerial disasters.

oh aye, it's what he does. it's never his fault. he's like a pound shop mourinho.