Visa for British child

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Why?

He has a UK passport and a birth certificate to show on departure from the country. At the most consent from his child's mother would be needed.

That consent needs to be made official .

Official conformation that She is the Mother and that She is giving consent for the Child to leave Thailand .

This can be done through the Court and it may also be possible to do at the local Amphur .

This only needs to be done on the first departure

12 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I understand that part, I was just wondering if the fact that the OP's partner is technically stateless had any effect on the issuing of the birth certificate.

I didn't realise that a court order would be needed to allow the child to leave, my understanding that a child born to non Thai parents and holding a foreign passport needed to show the Thai BC upon departure, to prove that the child was born in Thailand, hence why there is no record of entry in the immigration system or passport.

Nope, there are no issues in regard to issuing B/C's to Children born to stateless Mothers .

If both Parents were foreign and they were all departing together , the three of them , any Court order may not be necessary (I dont know)

I was talking about when one Foreign  Parent leaves with the Child and the Thai/Stateless person isnt leaving .

There needs to be official consent from the Mother allowing the Child to leave

Yes, no issues getting a birth certificate. As mentioned earlier, under nationality it just says “non-Thai”. It’s as though you’re some kind of lower class citizen! I can’t imagine it would say that on a British birth certificate for example would it? It would probably say “stateless” or “unknown”!

I actually had to get the birth certificate reissued as they got my age and country of birth wrong! No issues again doing that at the Amphoe. I wasn’t in the country when my son was born so I had to rely on my girlfriend to give the correct information from memory.

Interesting to hear about the court order. I’ll look into that when the time comes.

Champ

7 minutes ago, champair79 said:

Interesting to hear about the court order. I’ll look into that when the time comes.

There is no need for a court order and I am not sure they would ever do one. All that is needed is your child's mother to give you consent to take them out of the country which can be done at an Amphoe.