Seasonal Dry Cough

Aujuba

Seems like since I moved to the BKK area I have acquired a seasonal dry cough. I really don't know what it is. It doesn't really bother me too much as I don't cough that often. I've notice lots of people have it but what exactly is it? It seems to be only here in LOS.

At one point someone said I am "Pair agaht" I guess I had a drip coming from inside my nose down the back of my throat infecting my brochial tubes. It waas similar to this. Well, that was a couple years ago but still every cold season I seem to get this dry cough. I recently heard that "Pair Agaht" is Hayfever.

There is a lot of pollution in the air at this time of the year as its cold and people are burning more 'stuff' to keep the chill off. I figure that this might be the cause of the cough.

Anyways its amazing how many people seem to have it and how they accept it without wondering what exactly it is. Does anyone have this dry cough? What is it? Is it something worse than it seems to be? Do you know anyone who has it?

I've got the same thing. I came down with a pretty bad flu just before xmas, and since then I have had a dry annoying cough. Quite a few people seem to have it that I know too...

Pair Agaht means allergic to the air/weather condtions I think, which I suppose would make sense.

Edited by ashacat

Wife, Thai, has very severe coughs this time of the year and has resulted in hospital stays in the past due mistreatment (normal flu cocktail of drugs) as she is allergic to many medications. One that is helpful is the antihistamine LoraTadine. One 10mg tablet once a day after breakfast helps to reduce the drip and allow a nights sleep. But she only takes if really bad. For normal day to day she uses a herbal antitussive expectorant medicine by the name of Ma-Waeng, which is available at most drug stores with the cough drops, just dissolving several when cough starts.

I just got over a persistent cough and difficulty breathing that went on for about 6 weeks. It turned out to be some Thai air fresheners that I had. As soon as I gave them a toss they problem went away over night.

Edited by John K

I've noticed that I cough moe when I use cologne or air fresheners too. I don't remember being bothered by them so much in the past. Even though I don't cough I know that I still have something. The last wekk hasn't been so bad though. The air has a lot more moisture now so maybe that's helping a bit.