Phuket Immigration online system to check permit-to-stay approvals now operational

webfact

Phuket Immigration online system to check permit-to-stay approvals now operational

Shela Riva

1510111876_1-org.jpg

Phuket expats can now check whether Immigration has approved their permit-to-stay applications by visiting the website online. Image: Screengrab / Immigration.go.th

PHUKET: Phuket Immigration Chief Col Kathathorn Kumthieng has confirmed that the new online system to check the status of extensions for foreigner visa applications is now operational.

Col Kathathorn told The Phuket News yesterday (Nov 7) that the system quietly went live online in September.

“This system went online about two months ago as a way to make it more convenient for foreigners and to reduce congestion at the immigration office,” said Col Kathathorn.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-online-system-to-check-permit-to-stay-approvals-now-operational-64617.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-11-07

Hope the site will work better than the 90-day reporting site which requires internet explorer and is more offline then online.

Not sure how it will help with wasted time as before you could just call immigration and ask if the approval arrived already. If not you just wait another week and call again as there is no hurry (you got the "under review" stamp).

I hope some in the Visa knowledgeable Tv team can explain which category of extensions will benefit from this because it cant be for retires which can apply one day and get passport back the next or in some places the same day! Hmm......very few places in todays world make it easier for any foreigner to stay whatever visa status so could this mean a whole new process. i.e. application take longer time for every kind of extension and demand of more documentation...... apply one month and check next month...:huh:

Edited by Felt 35

7 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I hope some in the Visa knowledgeable Tv team can explain which category of extensions will benefit from this 

Extension based on marriage takes a month to process. And it regularly comes back 1-2 weeks after the expected approval date.

6 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Extension based on marriage takes a month to process. And it regularly comes back 1-2 weeks after the expected approval date.

I stand corrected:blush:. Was a bit quick and did not consider that mostly every long stayer is on a kind of extension probably also many of they who work here!