Tax deduction with thai children when not married

roulax

Hello everyone,

I am working here for 8 years now, and my thai girlfriend and I (we are not married) have 2 kids.

Regarding my tax declaration last year, since we are not married with my partner,  the revenue department asked me to provide a document a certificate of children issued by the District Office, to be able to deduct 30,000 THB per kid in my total personnal income tax computation.

They said that the thai birth certificate is not enough as a proof.

Does anyone know what that certificate of children is? I mean I can go to my local district office but since we are not registered on any tabien baan (blue book) here, I dont see what they can do for us.

Thanks in advance for those who have some experience in this regard.

Moved to the family and children forum.

Your girlfriend and children are certainly registered in a tambien ban. It does not have be one for where they are living.

Your girlfriend should go to the district office and ask about it.

It could be that revenue office is wanting a legitimization of your parenthood document.

Edit: There is a pinned topic about  legalizing your parenthood on this forum.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It could be that revenue office is wanting a legitimization of your parenthood document.

This is exactly what they require, as per my post, get your girlfriend to ask at the local district office about this, they should be aware of what is needed.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:10 AM, Mattd said:

You need to legitimise the children by applying at the local district office, both the Mother and the children have to consent to this, your Girlfriend can ask about this at the local office.

That's correct, but the child need to be 7 years of age (if rules have not been changed). Both mother, child, and two witnesses (normally staff at office will do that) need to present, and the father of course. Furthermore ID's and alien's passport, and original birth certificate. The document is called Khor.Ror.11, Certification of Child; but let your girlfriend check with the local Amphor; we (me, my girlfriend, and our daughter) could do it in the Amphor's one-stop-service office.

If the child/children is under 7 years, it may require a DNA-test.