Prayut poses six new questions to Thais

webfact

Prayut poses six new questions to Thais

By The Nation

603609d897cb075041a557e4ae13f877.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday came up with another set of questions to ask people regarding the future of politics as well as the need to have a new political party.

1. Do we need to have new political parties or new politicians for the people to consider in the next election and whether the old politicians or political parties can form a government that pushes forward reforms or the national strategy?

2. Is it his or the junta’s right to support any one of the parties?

(After asking the question, Prayut himself appeared to answer the question by saying that it was his right to support or not support any one, and if there were all the old faces he would not support them.

3. Do people see a better future from the government’s work during the past three years?

4. Is it appropriate to raise the idea of going back to the administrative style of previous governments in the current moment?

Prayut said the situation today is far different from the past, and people should not forget how and why he had entered taken office.

5. Have democratic governments or politicians been effective over the years and shown enough governance to drive the country’s growth in a sustainable manner?

6. Why are politicians lining up together and attacking the government?

Praut said: “All [these questions] I have asked because I would like you, Thai people, to help consider, and then reply to me. Power and democracy all are yours.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331132

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-08

My Thai wife of many years says "I am not a red shirt. I am not a yellow shirt. I am Thai 100%". She supports the present government. Her reasoning is that the Army has been the only one to actually try and stop corruption in Thailand.

Yes, she was part of the group that strolled the streets of Bangkok a few years ago.

During our discussion about these things,  she will usually end up saying "It's my country". And she is right. As an American, I know very little about politics here or back home. But, I do know that it is fun to watch. Sometimes.

protestors.JPG

10 minutes ago, missoura said:

My Thai wife of many years says "I am not a red shirt. I am not a yellow shirt. I am Thai 100%". She supports the present government. Her reasoning is that the Army has been the only one to actually try and stop corruption in Thailand.

Yes, she was part of the group that strolled the streets of Bangkok a few years ago.

During our discussion about these things,  she will usually end up saying "It's my country". And she is right. As an American, I know very little about politics here or back home. But, I do know that it is fun to watch. Sometimes.

protestors.JPG

No offence to your Mrs mate , but corruption is just as bad under the Junta if not worse

5 minutes ago, missoura said:

During our discussion about these things,  she will usually end up saying "It's my country". And she is right. 

If the old its my country is the best arguement she can offer reminds me of Taksins famous "the UN is not my father" quote when the UN comissioner took him to task over the spiraling extra judicial killings.

Like Taskins reponse the "it's my country" response is pretty weak.

11 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Q4....."People should not forget how or why he entered office".

How = Armed to the teeth.

Why = To protect vested interests when protesting failed to budge YL and co.

I wonder! Jonclark if that is an objective, well informed view? I think not.

16 minutes ago, missoura said:

She supports the present government.

That's the beauty of democracy. She is totally entitled to her choice. The problem is that seizing power deprive people from choice and democracy. The majority made a choice and that should be respected as much as your wife choice is respected in a democratic process. 

8 minutes ago, fgmr said:

I wonder! Jonclark if that is an objective, well informed view? I think not.

If it is not then Prayut and I must have more in common than i would like to admit given his frequent penning of songs, poems and demonstrations of selective memory.

But enlighten me. 

How did he come to power?

Why did he come to power?

I look forward to your  objective view. Failing that I will no doubt be able to hopefully be informed by reading about it in tomorrows editorial inThairath.

Edited by jonclark

14 minutes ago, jonclark said:

If the old its my country is the best arguement she can offer reminds me of Taksins famous "the UN is not my father" quote when the UN comissioner took him to task over the spiraling extra judicial killings.

Like Taskins reponse the "it's my country" response is pretty weak.

Whenever I hear that 'it's my country' flapdoodle, I always ask them to prove it by showing the receipt...

3 minutes ago, salavan said:

He should also have asked would you like an autocratic democracy as in england

And the resounding response would have been YES....which would not have gone down well. 

Any form of democracy is better 1

than no democracy

18 minutes ago, jonclark said:

How did he come to power?

Why did he come to power?

Mate we're not allowed to write the answers on this forum....so you should think a bit about this and you'll know the answer about why and how he came to power.....who's the boss in thailand?

40 minutes ago, missoura said:

protestors.JPG

Thanks very much for your post; for people like me who do not like the current regime, it is good to remember that there are people who do.

However...

How does she know that the current government is trying to stop/reduce corruption? In general, all corruption cases involving the military have been investigated by the military itself. That is suspicious to say the least.

If she was part of the group on the streets a few years ago, would she support a new group on the streets using the same tactics? Is that a fruitful way to select a government?

If she believes that "it is her country", does that apply to other Thais? Especially to the majority of Thais?

With all due respect to your wife, it sounds like she wants what she has, and the hell with anyone who might disagree. A wee bit selfish, don't you think? Do her rights supersede every other Thai person's rights?

Perhaps she should allow other Thai people to have a voice as well...

56 minutes ago, missoura said:

protestors.JPG

She was brainwashed by suthep.

I also love talking politics with my missus because for all her charm she is dumb as a box of nails on the subject and makes me laugh.

Ps....remind your missus if she went out blowing whistles today she would end up in jail.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

1. Do we need to have new political parties or new politicians for the people to consider in the next election

An emphatic yes, get rid of all the old politicians, no one, democrat or ptp, trt, who served before deserves to run for election again.