Segwit2xfork canceled as Bitcoin touches almost $7'800!

Dario

Now this is good news for the ones (like me) who were hesitating to buy Bitcoins until an anticipated correction. This is not going to happen now since last night it was announced that the much anticipated Segwiit2x fork has been canceled indefinitely. The source is cryptocoinsnews. Finally, I have just bought. BTC is now cleared for take-off for stratospheric flight.

1 hour ago, phycokiller said:

there will be a correction to about 5000 but when is unpredictable and in the long run you are still going to profit by buying now

I agree with this comment. 

People were buying bitcoin in the lead up to this fork to get the free coin. Now its not going to happen one would think there would be a sell off. 

But now the uncertainty is gone one could assume maybe more people will buy. 

In the long run its all peanuts. The price will probably be going up up up with all the bitcoin hype.

11 hours ago, Dario said:

Eventhough the fork has been canceled? I must correct: I haven't bought yet, but deposited money to buy. Looks to me that many people leaving BTC for altcoins.

Another complete crypto newbie here. So far I've registered with Bx.in.th and obtained a wallet from them. I haven't deposited any baht with them yet and I was starting to panic because of the upcoming bitcoin segwit. Now that it's been cancelled, it's taken some of the urgency away. I'm hoping that now I can get a shedload of studying in so that I feel more confident about the whole thing.  

I've already picked up quite a few pointers from this forum and am quite intrigued by the comments on Ethereum/OmiseGo.

By the way, anyone know if there's a club or loose gathering of people interested in crypto investing in the Pattaya area? I have loads of queries on the subject which can't be answered just by reading up on the internet.

12 hours ago, jesimps said:

Another complete crypto newbie here. So far I've registered with Bx.in.th and obtained a wallet from them. I haven't deposited any baht with them yet and I was starting to panic because of the upcoming bitcoin segwit. Now that it's been cancelled, it's taken some of the urgency away. I'm hoping that now I can get a shedload of studying in so that I feel more confident about the whole thing.  

I've already picked up quite a few pointers from this forum and am quite intrigued by the comments on Ethereum/OmiseGo.

By the way, anyone know if there's a club or loose gathering of people interested in crypto investing in the Pattaya area? I have loads of queries on the subject which can't be answered just by reading up on the internet.

your best to look at reddit

spend 2 months learning about it everyday. Its what I did at the start

good luck

9 hours ago, davidst01 said:

your best to look at reddit

spend 2 months learning about it everyday. Its what I did at the start

good luck

Thanks. There's no way that I could start trading at the moment, I'm just too green. If I tried, my money/coins would end up floating around in the ether, and I'm not talking about Ethereum.

I've got my mobile wallet from Bx, but now I'm reading up on a cold storage solution, maybe a paper wallet. Is this a good thing or would it be best to save in a memory stick? I'm thinking of getting the offline wallet from Bitcoin.com. I'm assuming that I can put bitcoins bought through Bx into it (?) Looking ahead a bit, I guess I'm also right in thinking that I need a separate wallet for each coin type (?)

One thing I've learned very quickly is that if you want to get into this crypto trading blx, you've won half the battle if you're some sort of computer genius. Fiat currency trading was a doddle in comparison.

However, my appetite has been whetted so there's no turning back.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

Thanks. There's no way that I could start trading at the moment, I'm just too green. If I tried, my money/coins would end up floating around in the ether, and I'm not talking about Ethereum.

I've got my mobile wallet from Bx, but now I'm reading up on a cold storage solution, maybe a paper wallet. Is this a good thing or would it be best to save in a memory stick? I'm thinking of getting the offline wallet from Bitcoin.com. I'm assuming that I can put bitcoins bought through Bx into it (?) Looking ahead a bit, I guess I'm also right in thinking that I need a separate wallet for each coin type (?)

One thing I've learned very quickly is that if you want to get into this crypto trading blx, you've won half the battle if you're some sort of computer genius. Fiat currency trading was a doddle in comparison.

However, my appetite has been whetted so there's no turning back.

you will risk losing your coin with all of the above wallets. 

buy either a trezor or keepkey hardware wallet. no chance of losing it and you can write down the private keys. 

Bitcoin dropped below $US7,000 ($A9,800) to trade more than 5 per cent down on the day, having fallen by well over $US1,000 since hitting an all-time high on Wednesday.

On Friday Bitcoin dropped to $US6,800 on the Luxembourg-based Bitstamp exchange at lunchtime, before recovering a little to $US6,870 just over 20 minutes later.

On Wednesday, it had touched $US7,888 after a software upgrade planned for next week that could have split the cryptocurrency in two was suspended.

As bitcoin fell, Bitcoin Cash - a clone of the original that was generated from another split on August1 - surged, trading up as much as 35 per cent on the day at around $US850, according to industry website Coinmarketcap.

Despite losing almost 7 per cent this week, bitcoin is still up more than 600 per cent so far this year.

Archived